ADVERTISEMENT

Should Duke have hired a real coach?

Barely beating a horrid Gtech team with 5 mcdonalds all americans shows how much he sucks.Nate Oats, Eric Musslman, Scott Drew, Tony Bennett, Tommy Lloyd - All these cats would leave for KU, DUKE and UNC and those fools hire assistants . Wild to me

Not sure what the final numbers were. But at one point in this game, Duke had outscored GT 27-0 when you combined 2nd chance points and points off of turnovers. This is what winning teams do. They dominate those two statistics. Pay no attention to the other factors in this game.

I am ready for the "but Tyrese Proctor was hurt"

Mcdonalds all american guards on Duke roster

Roach
McClain
Foster

Other Mcdonalds all americans

TJ Power
Sean Steward
Big Flop/Flip
Mitchell

It’s easy to understand why Scheyer got the job, but that’s a separate issue from the point at hand. It’s also a pretty simple fan who will write him off completely at this point on a basis of McDonald’s AAs.

Last year Duke struggled mightily, and then they beat up on a horrid ACC and rode some momentum into the national eye. I think last year’s team was much more of a round of 32 team than the ACC allowed us to believe.

As for Scheyer, who knows. I don’t understand the infatuation with McCain, who does very little for me. It’s clear that Scheyer hasn’t come close to solidifying himself as a good coach, but my confidence in him is far from crisis mode.

Reactions: GhostOf301
I am ready for the "but Tyrese Proctor was hurt"

Mcdonalds all american guards on Duke roster

Roach
McClain
Foster

Other Mcdonalds all americans

TJ Power
Sean Steward
Big Flop/Flip
Mitchell
December 2nd, bro. Obviously it is very ugly right now. They have work to do. But you're being an obsessive drama queen now that you have been emboldened by your recent championship. Maybe you have been the whole time and I just didn't notice. But I don't remember you being such an intolerable troll. How many troll threads have you started so far this season?

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
December 2nd, bro. Obviously it is very ugly right now. They have work to do. But you're being an obsessive drama queen now that you have been emboldened by your recent championship. Maybe you have been the whole time and I just didn't notice. But I don't remember you being such an intolerable troll. How many troll threads have you started so far this season?
50/50 depending on how I am feeling. I tried legit intelligent college bball posting. Then realized this board isn't about that life. On this board everyone is a troll.

You didn’t notice because most of his troll posts over the years have been about us.

giphy.gif

Mississippi St sucks, right?!
I haven’t watched them so I can’t say. Tech got curb stomped by Cincinnati by 35, lost to UMass Lowell, and squeezed by Howard by 3.

But yes, they also beat Mississippi St.

So does that mean that Tech is actually good and this isn’t a bad loss or that tech isn’t good and maybe Mississippi St and Duke were a bit overrated to start the year? I think the likely answer is that they have enough talent to surprise a team here and there but are largely not a good team. I guess time will tell.

Reactions: UNC71-00
I haven’t watched them so I can’t say. Tech got curb stomped by Cincinnati by 35, lost to UMass Lowell, and squeezed by Howard by 3.

But yes, they also beat Mississippi St.

So does that mean that Tech is actually good and this isn’t a bad loss or that tech isn’t good and maybe Mississippi St and Duke were a bit overrated to start the year? I think the likely answer is that they have enough talent to surprise a team here and there but are largely not a good team. I guess time will tell.
You missed my sarcasm/I made a poor attempt at sarcasm. Duke sucks.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Speaking from 52 years of watching CBB, Scheyer has no chance at Duke long term.

It’s a shame too because he seems like the rare guy from Derm who is actually likable.

Barely beating a horrid Gtech team with 5 mcdonalds all americans shows how much he sucks.Nate Oats, Eric Musslman, Scott Drew, Tony Bennett, Tommy Lloyd - All these cats would leave for KU, DUKE and UNC and those fools hire assistants . Wild to me

Pretty sure Muss isn't budging unless UCLA or the Pros come calling.

ADVERTISEMENT