ADVERTISEMENT

Shaedon Sharpe

I don't even know who mentioned UT, so I wasn't necessarily pointing at you.

Barnes has always been a solid recruiter. Its no shock to me he is pulling in some good talent.
Well, truth be told, I fully expect UK to be back on track this year. I have always said Cal is a great coach.

Reactions: JimboBBN
It happens to the best of us. Seriously though, I wonder if Barnes has it in him to get up for post season games like he does others.
This will be a good year to see. I think we have a lot of good pieces that should mix well. Unlike CFB this year, we should have a solid CBB team.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Well, truth be told, I fully expect UK to be back on track this year. I have always said Cal is a great coach.
He's got something to prove this year that. A chip on his shoulder that hasn't been there since he started in Lexington. Recruiting looks to be at least somewhat back on track. I think our team this year will be pretty good. Probably not title good, but Elite Eightish I would bet. Next season, assuming we don't lose our entire team, I would expect to be listed among the favorites.

We do have a strong class this year, thanks for noticing. However, I have seen other teams fall flat with #1 classes before, so who knows.
How is Ricky just going to let Cal swoop in and steal Cason Wallace?

He's got something to prove this year that. A chip on his shoulder that hasn't been there since he started in Lexington. Recruiting looks to be at least somewhat back on track. I think our team this year will be pretty good. Probably not title good, but Elite Eightish I would bet. Next season, assuming we don't lose our entire team, I would expect to be listed among the favorites.
It should be a fun year in the SEC. I think there are several teams that could make some noise.

Heavy Vol lean until swaggy Cal entered the chat.
They are either commits or they aren't Kev. and that holds true for us all. If he is a great player, it is no wonder that he would be eyeing UT is there?

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
They are not moral victories JC, they are scoreboard. You're too dense to realize I didn't mention Barnes/Cal specifically, you Cats did. However, since y'all did, it must hurt a little knowing the more you try to say UT is nothing, the more you're saying UK can't handle a nothing team.

I can accept "loudmouthed LuLu", if you can accept being a slack jawed 11 fingered inbred.
.....sticking with what you're familiar with, apparently. Again, your drivel remains meaningless. The UT mens basketball trophy case remains empty and time travel needs to be invented for UT football to even be relevant.

It happens to the best of us. Seriously though, I wonder if Barnes has it in him to get up for post season games like he does others.
That may be the problem, getting his teams up instead trying to play a strong intensity without getting emotions riled up. Play even keeled. Its easy against rivals, difficult against teams you rarely see.

.....sticking with what you're familiar with, apparently. Again, your drivel remains meaningless. The UT mens basketball trophy case remains empty and time travel needs to be invented for UT football to even be relevant.
Why do you keep bringing up CFB on the CBB board? I don't prescribe to past glories, so I never mention that in the last 60 years y'all have beaten us maybe 8 times. I never say that we are #2 in SEC titles and have won multiple national titles or that we are a top 10 team all time. Furthermore, I don't talk about our trophy case. I don't say it cause it is irrelevant. Why do you go on about it? You haven't won in the past or the present you dim wit. Are you just stupid?

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
That may be the problem, getting his teams up instead trying to play a strong intensity without getting emotions riled up. Play even keeled. Its easy against rivals, difficult against teams you rarely see.
I don't think that is really fair. The really good teams Barnes took to the dance got beat in OT. They were great games that just didn't go our way. I don't consider UT's last years team a incomplete team. Vols had a very poor inside presence and the point was played without a true point guard.

The post that I replied to (Yours) sounded like you were making excuses for Cal. Far from being critical.

There’s a difference between making excuses and pointing out a fallacy in a dumb comment. It’s just a fact that every coach needs some kind of advantage to win at the highest level in college basketball.

Pointing that out doesn’t excuse him for the questionable decisions he’s made running the program the last several years. Talent isn’t why hes slipped.

Why do you keep bringing up CFB on the CBB board? I don't prescribe to past glories, so I never mention that in the last 60 years y'all have beaten us maybe 8 times. I never say that we are #2 in SEC titles and have won multiple national titles or that we are a top 10 team all time. Furthermore, I don't talk about our trophy case. I don't say it cause it is irrelevant. Why do you go on about it? You haven't won in the past or the present you dim wit. Are you just stupid?
By your logic...current scoreboard, UK 34 ut 7.

you don't mention the UT mens basketball's trophy case for good reason....it's empty, like your head.

By your logic...current scoreboard, UK 34 ut 7.

you don't mention the UT mens basketball's trophy case for good reason....it's empty, like your head.
Yes, but haven't you just said that UT is not very good? You can't have it both ways idiot. Your whole argument is based on UK's history and you condemn my argument cause Barnes hasn't won a FF. You can't dismiss my argument as being trivial while saying it is ok for you to use for UK. That is just being an inconsistent dumb ass.

Yes, but haven't you just said that UT is not very good? You can't have it both ways idiot. Your whole argument is based on UK's history and you condemn my argument cause Barnes hasn't won a FF. You can't dismiss my argument as being trivial while saying it is ok for you to use for UK. That is just being an inconsistent dumb ass.
With UK being light years ahead of UT in college basketball, I don't have to conform to any of these nonsensical conditions of yours.

Probably Duke then.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Random UK Fan
With UK being light years ahead of UT in college basketball, I don't have to conform to any of these nonsensical conditions of yours.
How is UK light years ahead of UT when they can’t even beat them knucklehead?

Kentucky and Tennessee have met for a total of 230 times and Kentucky has the winning advantage of 156–74.

UK- 8 National Titles

ut- 0.

....UK IS light years ahead.
Then by your logic Barnes is better than Cal?

Cal gonna have the class knocked out before the season even starts? Impressive.

He's already getting picks from crystal balls. UK told them they aren't waiting on him. We just got two other top 5 kids, plus Skyy, who I know he's close with. All signs point to Kentucky.
Fingers crossed!! 💪

I don't think that is really fair. The really good teams Barnes took to the dance got beat in OT. They were great games that just didn't go our way. I don't consider UT's last years team a incomplete team. Vols had a very poor inside presence and the point was played without a true point guard.
Why isn't it fair? Some coaches do that. It wears on a team after a while. I don't know if Barnes does that or not.

della, you hate us, and I understand, but I love reading your posts, you never give up. I would love to meet you one day young lady, but to meet your husband and shake his hand for living with you would be more awesome. That's not any insult toward you, that's a complement to your better half. 👍 💪🤣

Probably Duke then.
I'm kind of leaning Duke myself. Who knows what front courts guys we have now will be back or not. If he commits to UK early, then he has to have a ton of confidence. He did say after playing with u19, he likes playing with a lot of talent. Wallace will be signing and probably Bona. We're going to be loaded with or without Lively.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
When proven wrong, you deflect. My god you are one stale act.
The first thing I said in this thread was that Barnes kicked ass. It was also the last thing I said. How is that deflecting or are you not going to answer like last time?

della, you hate us, and I understand, but I love reading your posts, you never give up. I would love to meet you one day young lady, but to meet your husband and shake his hand for living with you would be more awesome. That's not any insult toward you, that's a complement to your better half. 👍 💪🤣
CB, I don't hate y'all. I have even called Cal a great coach over and over again. I do like to mix it up ( for funs sake) with y'all and the good natured UK fans give it as well as they take it. I'm generally polite and playful, but if some knuckle dragging Neanderthal UK fan gets abrasive or stupid, I'm quick to show him the error of his ways.

I'm nice to you.

Why isn't it fair? Some coaches do that. It wears on a team after a while. I don't know if Barnes does that or not.
It's not fair do to the fact the games could have gone either way. It is not like UT didn't want to be there. Thus, not up for the game.

CB, I don't hate y'all. I have even called Cal a great coach over and over again. I do like to mix it up ( for funs sake) with y'all and the good natured UK fans give it as well as they take it. I'm generally polite and playful, but if some knuckle dragging Neanderthal UK fan gets abrasive or stupid, I'm quick to show him the error of his ways.

I'm nice to you.
Young lady did grow up in Johnson County? Maybe Copperhead Road?
🤣 🤣 🤣
LOL
Just a little fun. but if you did, I would love to hear about it. 😎

ADVERTISEMENT