IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
A8aP6J8O

collegehoopstoday.com
Indiana, Kentucky in advanced discussions for multi-year series
Indiana and Kentucky are in advanced discussions to play a multi-year series with games both on campus and at neutral sites, multiple sources told College Hoops Today. The series is not expected to...

Cal 100% is retiring in the next 3-4 years......First a game @ The Kennel in 4 years.....Now this. Dudes like **** it---I ain't gonna be here. So I am gonna schedule all these "hard" games, ya know the type of games that in John's mind,are the games where people wanna see UK lose....

Cal is a fuking genius....

• Haha
Reactions: CardNation
I'm pretty sure the Kennel game is in 6 years btw. So the game at IU will be in 5 or 6 after he retires

Ive lived in Borden for about ten years now. I live off of Martainsburg Rd. About 3 miles up the hill from the stop light. We have about 75 acers. Sounds like your no longer there? Sorry, was out splitting wood.
I was just kidding'...

Really, Martinsburg? That's crazy. I grew up on Borden-Greenville Rd---which Martinsburg sits off of. Town has exploded since I lived there 30+ years ago. Still visit some family there from time to time: Daisy Hill. Most of my childhood, we owned a farm off of Temple Road. My grandparents lived on the farm in the the late 60's, early 70's---b/c grandma wanted a "mobile home" so to speak...That changed when the super outbreak rolled through in '74. From that point on, we lived in the "big white , two story house" on BG Road.

Love the town. Great people. I umpire a few HS games there a year----as well as basketball.

I was just kidding'...

Really, Martinsburg? That's crazy. I grew up on Borden-Greenville Rd---which Martinsburg sits off of. Town has exploded since I lived there 30+ years ago. Still visit some family there from time to time: Daisy Hill. Most of my childhood, we owned a farm off of Temple Road. My grandparents lived on the farm in the the late 60's, early 70's---b/c grandma wanted a "mobile home" so to speak...That changed when the super outbreak rolled through in '74. From that point on, we lived in the "big white , two story house" on BG Road.

Love the town. Great people. I umpire a few HS games there a year----as well as basketball.
WE would have been damn near walking distance. Fun you saying the town has exploded since you were here, its still a one stop light town that you can blow through in about 90 seconds at 55 MPH. The Dollar store was a nice add a few years ago, before that you had to ride to Salem or Hamburg for just about anything. I moved from Henryville in 2015, The tornado that destroyed damn near all of Henryville missed my house by about 1/2 a mile. I had a neighbor that had one pontoon off a boat that had a licenses plate from Salam on it in his yard. That same tornado missed the house in live in now by about 1/2 mile according to the previous owners. Borden has been hit several times over the years.
BTW I welcome the UK IU series. They've had some fantastic games over the years. My favorite-- of course-- was the 75 NCAAT Game. That ripped Knights heart out, I doubt he ever recovered. The kept yall from back to back undefeated seasons. I think Knight was IU basketball. Not sure you all ever really make it back another Knight type. I think Duke will follow that pattern too.
FWIW .. I hate fvckin Cow. but Love my Cats...

My wife said if i ain't laying pipe by 10 PM in ain't lay pipe tonight... catch you in the AM...

WE would have been damn near walking distance. Fun you saying the town has exploded since you were here, its still a one stop light town that you can blow through in about 90 seconds at 55 MPH. The Dollar store was a nice add a few years ago, before that you had to ride to Salem or Hamburg for just about anything. I moved from Henryville in 2015, The tornado that destroyed damn near all of Henryville missed my house by about 1/2 a mile. I had a neighbor that had one pontoon off a boat that had a licenses plate from Salam on it in his yard. That same tornado missed the house in live in now by about 1/2 mile according to the previous owners. Borden has been hit several times over the years.
BTW I welcome the UK IU series. They've had some fantastic games over the years. My favorite-- of course-- was the 75 NCAAT Game. That ripped Knights heart out, I doubt he ever recovered. The kept yall from back to back undefeated seasons. I think Knight was IU basketball. Not sure you all ever really make it back another Knight type. I think Duke will follow that pattern too.
FWIW .. I hate fvckin Cow. but Love my Cats...

My wife said if i ain't laying pipe by 10 PM in ain't lay pipe tonight... catch you in the AM...
Gotta get those "pipe laying sessions in"---For sure.

Borden will forever be a "one stplight town"---but population wise, housing wise, it has grown exponentially...Especially with all the housing that has gone up behind what was once Kimball Furniture. Not to mention the houses besides the park, located by the HS....The school, which has been renovated for sometime now, is beautiful....My graduating class at the time was one of the biggest----at a whopping 52...

Borden certainly has taken its fair share of tornadoes....but luckily all have mostly missed the town; sans the tornado i believe in 2004, that did significant damage to the old Kimball's building....The Outbreak of '74 spared the town mostly----but hit Daisy Hill pretty hard----****, Daisy Hill is a ****ing tornado magnet...And yes the 2012 tornadoes that devastated Henryville, ran right through your area---as well as, yep---Daisy Hill.

My uncle lives in Henryville still---subdivision behind the fire station. I have many of friends from henryville, as I have called many, many of their HS baseball and basketball games. At the time of the storm, we lived in Scottsburg----Very, very fortunate the storm change direction----Otherwise, it would have been very, very bad.

I have always like UK....Brother is a HUGE Cat fan, as is my wife. Love the series, and think its great for CBB.....Cal's "act" has grown thin with my brother----but my wife loves the guy. Go figure.

Yes, 1975 stings----of course I was only 3----but many of my family recall that season. Tough "break"(literally) for IU. Indiana and a healthy May cruise to the title.

Anyways----"lay the pipe" while you can....

ADVERTISEMENT