ADVERTISEMENT

Shaedon Sharpe

JimboBBN

Jan 26, 2016
The Bluegrass State
Team
Kentucky
Announcing for Kentucky on September 7th. Will be Cal’s first number one recruit in quite some time. Either KAT or Skal, can’t remember.

I am expecting a monster class for UK next year. Cal needs every bit of it.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
skal. Kat wasn’t #1. i don’t even think he was concensus top 5. He didn’t play much aau.

Sharpes recruitment played out similar to anthony Davis. kind of a late bloomer. and ended quickly once he blew up. didn’t give rival recruiters and hangers on a lot of time to muddy the waters.

seems like we’re the favorites for Cason Wallace as well.

skal. Kat wasn’t #1. i don’t even think he was concensus top 5. He didn’t play much aau.

Sharpes recruitment played out similar to anthony Davis. kind of a late bloomer. and ended quickly once he blew up. didn’t give rival recruiters and hangers on a lot of time to muddy the waters.

KAT was #5 in the composite, behind Cliff Alexander....lol. Skal was only #1 on Rivals, was #2 in composite behind Simmons. Skal sucked ass so bad. Softer than Charmin.

Reactions: Montana81

So Cal ducked this year and is waiting until you guys have comparable level of college talent as us to play?

So Cal ducked this year and is waiting until you guys have comparable level of college talent as us to play?
I don't know his reasons or even pretend to, I can only speculate. In years past it was important to get a strong ooc schedule due to the weakness of the SEC. That's not so now, the SEC has picked it up. I think he was looking for more of a balanced schedule, and more softer teams in ooc.

I'm not a fan of the cancelation. But if any game of the OOC were canceled, it has to be Mich. We have too much history with the other teams.

I don't know his reasons or even pretend to, I can only speculate. In years past it was important to get a strong ooc schedule due to the weakness of the SEC. That's not so now, the SEC has picked it up. I think he was looking for more of a balanced schedule, and more softer teams in ooc.

I'm not a fan of the cancelation. But if any game of the OOC were canceled, it has to be Mich. We have too much history with the other teams.

Just funny that this year we have a better roster than you guys but next year K looks to have a loaded class.

I just think he didn’t want multiple ooc road games in one season.

I actually think we should be pretty good this season. personally im much more comfortable playing those types of games with a roster that’s loaded with experience than a roster with a bunch of freshmen.

It appears next season is going to be one of our best classes in a while but a lot of people also think we’re going to lose a ton of guys of this years roster that will have eligibility left.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
I just think he didn’t want multiple ooc road games in one season.
So why schedule the game in the first place, then? Serious question.

@ Notre Dame
@ Kansas

Already have multiple OOC road games. Play ND on Dec 11th....KU on Jan 29th.

No doubt UK has a strong OOC slate---OSU , UL and Duke.

@ Notre Dame
@ Kansas

your guess is as good as mine

Reactions: IUfanBorden

@ Notre Dame
@ Kansas

The coaches are good buds...

Announcing for Kentucky on September 7th. Will be Cal’s first number one recruit in quite some time. Either KAT or Skal, can’t remember.

I am expecting a monster class for UK next year. Cal needs every bit of it.

Skye Clark, Shaedon Sharpe, Cason Wallace in backcourt.

Livingston stretch 4.

Frontcourt priority is Derek Lively with backup being Adem Bona.

Skye Clark, Shaedon Sharpe, Cason Wallace in backcourt.

Livingston stretch 4.

Frontcourt priority is Derek Lively with backup being Adem Bona.
You think UK is going to get all 6 of them?

Pretty bold.

...about to have the first 3, not saying they get all 6, but the chances are pretty good.
Curious as to how Nick Smith/Cason Wallace react to Sharpe’s commitment. Most teams play 3 guard, so you’d think at least one more would be open to playing together.

Livingston/Lively are tougher to get a read on. Neither seem like locks though, your frontcourt is currently pretty full with none being automatic NBA draft candidates next year.

Bona looks like the highest likelihood there.

Curious as to how Nick Smith/Cason Wallace react to Sharpe’s commitment. Most teams play 3 guard, so you’d think at least one more would be open to playing together.

Livingston/Lively are tougher to get a read on. Neither seem like locks though, your frontcourt is currently pretty full with none being automatic NBA draft candidates next year.

Bona looks like the highest likelihood there.
Wallace is the priority over Smith for UK. If they get commitments from him and Sharpe then Smith will be out of the picture. Bona would probably commit right now, imo, if he could but UK wants to know what Lively is going to do. I think Lively is probably 50/50 between UK and Duke. Livingston is a toss-up, no idea here he ends up.

The coaches are good buds...
Ok....So Cal and Howard are good buds. Great. But if your reasoning for dumping the game is b/c you don't want to many OOC road games----well, why schedule the game to begin with. Or were the games at ND and Kansas forgotten about?

Wallace is the priority over Smith for UK. If they get commitments from him and Sharpe then Smith will be out of the picture. Bona would probably commit right now, imo, if he could but UK wants to know what Lively is going to do. I think Lively is probably 50/50 between UK and Duke. Livingston is a toss-up, no idea here he ends up.
Wallace probably makes more sense for your roster considering he can play PG, especially with Skyy coming off an ACL tear.

Seems like the smart play to hold out for Lively, as Bona seems to be waiting on UK and not taking other suitors seriously. I can’t imagine both going to the same school though.

Livingston gives me Memphis vibes just based on how his recruitment has unfolded.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Wallace probably makes more sense for your roster considering he can play PG, especially with Skyy coming off an ACL tear.

Seems like the smart play to hold out for Lively, as Bona seems to be waiting on UK and not taking other suitors seriously. I can’t imagine both going to the same school though.

Livingston gives me Memphis vibes just based on how his recruitment has unfolded.
Yeah, UK definitely won't get both Bona and Lively.

Ok....So Cal and Howard are good buds. Great. But if your reasoning for dumping the game is b/c you don't want to many OOC road games----well, why schedule the game to begin with. Or were the games at ND and Kansas forgotten about?
I make no pretense to read Cal's mind. The SEC is stronger. We have our hands full as it is. I as a fan would liked to see the game, but I go no say so.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Really hope Arkansas turns the program around. They need to get back to being the second best program in the SEC. One of the best places you hate to play in conference.
My sources talk out of their ass, but they're usually spot on. Smith Jr. seems like a lock. Word on the street is he wants to now pla against UK.

Reactions: Yellow Man
Since we are now #1, I pay very little attention to who is in second or third, but thanks for the update.
It gives us lowly UK fans something to shoot for. You guys have a decent out of conference schedule. I bet we are the most improved SEC team this year. Looks like Cal's swag is back.... So tell us what's it like being in the final 4.

@della this link disagrees who has the #1 program in the SEC.

Best College Basketball Programs in SEC History

Reactions: della
It gives us lowly UK fans something to shoot for. You guys have a decent out of conference schedule. I bet we are the most improved SEC team this year. Looks like Cal's swag is back.... So tell us what's it like being in the final 4.
Yeah, we do have a good out of conference schedule. You can take it to the bank that we won't drop any of those teams scheduled.

Don't sell y'all's sevles short. I'm sure you'll be upper tier SEC. I'd say Post season is guaranteed and an actual shot at the dance.

I think part of the Michigan issue was that UK expected to have a home game this year in the SEC Big 12 challenge. Last years home game against Texas was canceled due to covid issues. UK thought they would get that home game back but ended up having to go on the road to Kansas.

from what I’ve heard they didn’t want to have a loaded away schedule.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I think part of the Michigan issue was that UK expected to have a home game this year in the SEC Big 12 challenge. Last years home game against Texas was canceled due to covid issues. UK thought they would get that home game back but ended up having to go on the road to Kansas.

from what I’ve heard they didn’t want to have a loaded away schedule.
Maybe, but as soon as it was announced that they drew Kansas in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge I am sure they knew they would be playing on the road since the last 2 times they've played Kansas in the Challenge it has been in Lexington. Cal just needs to stop being a little bitch and play the games he scheduled. At the very least UK needs to explain the excuse for dropping the game. “Due to scheduling challenges created by the COVID-19 pandemic, the previously scheduled Kentucky men’s basketball game at Michigan will not take place this season." That's a load of shit. The game was already scheduled nearly 2 years ago.

Your move, Mr. Sharpe

200.gif

eh, all the best college basketball coaches needed something extra to win. roy needed the university and ncaa to ignore academic fraud.

coach K has needed 25 years of the ncaa and sports media shilling for him.

self needed the ncaa to turn their heads so he could buy players.

cal needs talent.

ADVERTISEMENT