ADVERTISEMENT

SEC / BIG12 Challenge Matchups Set

It is a subjective question...

Cannot be answered completely
I think if Chris Beard would to leave for Texas it would answer your question.

Texas already has a coach who had early success but couldn't follow it up.
Actually Smart went to the Final 4 in his second year at VCU.

Best way to answer this question like I have said is probably based on recruiting.

What program do recruits think is better?

This past year it was Texas.
Maybe after this one it will be Tech. We will have to find out.
You are like a shitty politician the way you try to worm out of a direct question. Its your own opinion. Lets put it this way if Tech wins the Big 12 this year have they surpassed Texas as the premium BB school in Texas in your mind? By the way not a single fan cares about recruiting rankings when your team misses the tournament entirely with higher recruits but a team will lower recruits makes it to the national championship. I mean I understand why you are taking this angle because its literally all you have but its obviously a bad take.

You are like a shitty politician the way you try to worm out of a direct question. Its your own opinion. Lets put it this way if Tech wins the Big 12 this year have they surpassed Texas as the premium BB school in Texas in your mind? By the way not a single fan cares about recruiting rankings when your team misses the tournament entirely with higher recruits but a team will lower recruits makes it to the national championship. I mean I understand why you are taking this angle because its literally all you have but its obviously a bad take.

Don't go sand aggy here.

Do you measure yourself to the University of Texas.
Sounds like it.

Recruiting is in the current.
If we would to say who has been the best basketball in Texas the last 2 years
For sure Tech
Last 10 years
Maybe Baylor or Texas .
Last 15-20 years.
For sure Texas

These are arbitrary dates.

Interested in where Tech is at this year.
I think some of you are pretty confident. Wonder if you will be right. We will have to see.

Don't go sand aggy here.

Do you measure yourself to the University of Texas.
Sounds like it.

Recruiting is in the current.
If we would to say who has been the best basketball in Texas the last 2 years
For sure Tech
Last 10 years
Maybe Baylor or Texas .
Last 15-20 years.
For sure Texas

These are arbitrary dates.

Interested in where Tech is at this year.
I think some of you are pretty confident. Wonder if you will be right. We will have to see.
I already think we surpassed Texas so this isn't about where I stack Tech. I'm trying to figure out what it would take for you to admit it to yourself. At least you could finally admit the last two years without throwing out recruiting rankings like somehow that matters more than actual winning. So I think its fair to say based on this exchange if we continue winning more than you guys even you have to admit going forward that Texas has been surpassed.

I already think we surpassed Texas so this isn't about where I stack Tech. I'm trying to figure out what it would take for you to admit it to yourself. At least you could finally admit the last two years without throwing out recruiting rankings like somehow that matters more than actual winning. So I think its fair to say based on this exchange if we continue winning more than you guys even you have to admit going forward that Texas has been surpassed.

Because you take all achievements as a competition against your superior and attempt to use it as justification in your reasoning.

Therefore you are sand aggy.
Thought Tech was much better than that but I guess they can't be.

The entire we are a basketball school now is pretty much taping out in football.

Because you take all achievements as a competition against your superior and attempt to use it as justification in your reasoning.

The entire we are a basketball school now is pretty much taping out in football.
In no way have I claimed you are our superior right now. You are the only one that believes that in this conversation and my entire point was to get even a die hard Longhorn fan with his head stuck as far up his own ass as is possible to admit that Tech has leapfrogged miles past you guys in a mere three years with the right coach.

In no way have I claimed you are our superior right now. You are the only one that believes that in this conversation and my entire point was to get even a die hard Longhorn fan with his head stuck as far up his own ass as is possible to admit that Tech has leapfrogged miles past you guys in a mere three years with the right coach.

I haven't seen the result of this yet.
That is what I am trying to explain to you.
If what you said was true Tech would be out front in recruiting Texas.
That hasn't happened yet. Winning on the court hasn't translated to the success you want right now. Could eventually happen but we will see.
I do think Tech could poise a big threat to Texas maybe this year or next. Even Kansas.

2 years of success doesn't automatically make you the basketball power in Texas.
It is something that is accumulated over the years.
Texas has a lot of capital.

I haven't seen the result of this yet.
That is what I am trying to explain to you.
If what you said was true Tech would be out front in recruiting Texas.
That hasn't happened yet. Winning on the court hasn't translated to the success you want right now. Could eventually happen but we will see.
I do think Tech could poise a big threat to Texas maybe this year or next. Even Kansas.

2 years of success doesn't automatically make you the basketball power in Texas.
It is something that is accumulated over the years.
Texas has a lot of capital.
You might be a threat to us as we won the Big 12 last year not the other way around. Our last player was drafted higher than yours just this past year. Do you think that means something about whose recruits are better? I mean you have stated previously that coaches don't make recruits better so clearly we have already been recruiting Texas better based off the last draft results alone.

You might be a threat to us as we won the Big 12 last year not the other way around. Our last player was drafted higher than yours just this past year. Do you think that means something about whose recruits are better? I mean you have stated previously that coaches don't make recruits better so clearly we have already been recruiting Texas better based off the last draft results alone.

Jarrett Culver was a Lubbock kid who picked to stay close to home.
A once in a lifetime situation.

I think Tech is using that situation to make a name for themselves.
Let's give this a few years.

I actually think Tech is doing a lot of things correctly and is adding a different dynamic to the Big 12 and basketball in Texas in general
But let's see what they will do with this opportunity.

Similar to TJ Ford with Texas.
Ford brought KD and KD gave Texas a name

We kind of cooled on him when we jumped onto Burnett when we hired the ex-aggy coach. Much better prospect as well. Peavy will end up as a 5 star as well so two 5 stars after a National Championship run, not bad.

Reactions: KisteK
Laughing

Peavy going to TCU and Peavy isn't near the player that Thompson is.

Thompson has said Tech still could be in it.
Proving that you cooled on him incorrect. Tech trying to get him to still visit.
Thompson trying to save face on this one. But Beard is smart and Burnett isn’t the lock that Peavy. Definitely will look to Thompson as a backup.

Just calling them as I see it. Beard is a remarkable coach that knows how to fill a roster as he sees fit. In 3 short years he’s catapulted Tech into near blueblood status so I will just defer to him.

@MrBaracus

Is Tech a BlueBloodRollLaugh
giphy-downsized-large.gif

So you just throw a bunch of stupid shit against the wall and then when called on it you just say...You are trolling.

Let's recap
Peavy is better than Bryce Thompson
Tech cooled on Thompson and he is their backup plan
Chris Beard walks on water and turns 3 star players in Lottery Picks
Tech is nearing BlueBlood status
Anything else....

What is UT now? Not a football school, not a basketball school, not a baseball school any more, track? UT took the unprecedented route of having more money than God but sucking at everything. Congrats on the NIT, I guess....

We may be tapping out on football, so to speak, but at least we excel everywhere else.

What is UT now? Not a football school, not a basketball school, not a baseball school any more, track? UT took the unprecedented route of having more money than God but sucking at everything. Congrats on the NIT, I guess....

We may be tapping out on football, so to speak, but at least we excel everywhere else.

Texas did finish Top 5 in the Capital One Standings.
Well in front of Tech.

No matter what you think you aren't the level of Texas

Texas did finish Top 5 in the Capital One Standings.
Well in front of Tech.

No matter what you think you aren't the level of Texas

As of final standings we were 3rd, UT was 12th. Care to try again? Too bad we don’t get full points for our t&f national championship. I guess UT gets a big boost from what, swimming or some shit?

In what.
You didn't finish in front of Texas because only three teams did.
Stanford, Michigan and Florida

That’s the Learfield director’s cup dimwit. The Capital One cup is the official one that’s weighted on team sports and it’s the only one worth caring about now.

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
That was in the men's
Only one part
Yeah, because no one gives a crap about women sports. You aren't on here posting about how great your jazz dance team is are you??? We are talking men's football, basketball, etc. You know the sports people actually watch.

Last edited:
Texas Tech has 12 championships in their history since the Big 12 was formed in all sports.
Texas had 10 just last year

Tell me again how you are anywhere close

Team sports dumb ass. Nobody other than the families of the athletes gives a rat’s ass about individual medals in title 9 sports.

You’re not even worth the time it’s taking to type this.

You claimed some how Tech is superior to Texas.

Maybe in your delusions.

You aren't even anywhere close. Baylor is a bigger threat across the board than Tech.

Cast a wider net, maybe you’ll catch something. Baylor’s definitely a threat, if you’re a female student.

ADVERTISEMENT