ADVERTISEMENT

SEC / BIG12 Challenge Matchups Set

How many Big 12 championships do you have in Football, men's basketball and baseball.

I'll wait here for the response

Football - 0
Basketball (men’s) - 1 (no idea on women’s)
Baseball - 3 maybe 4, I can’t recall.
Track - several

Instead of telling us how great UT used to be, let’s just use the last 5 years or 10 even. Nobody cares past that timeframe to be honest.

What has UT, with all their history and resources accomplished in that span in those sports.

Reactions: FiscalKliff
Have more in just baseball than you do in all those sports combined.

It isn't a College World Series truthfully if Texas is not there since they been there more than half of the time

Recent history man. Nobody cares what happened when your old drunk icon was coaching.

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
David Pierce went to a CWS in his second season.
He brought back Huston Street and brought in Street's good friend Troy Tulowitzki as volunteer coaches.

They have been pretty much signing every elite prospect in Texas.

This is a basketball board anyway.

I have seen everyone's Big 12 prediction.

Where is everyone going to finish?

I think Oklahoma State going to be the surprise team
Iowa State the disappointment

Texas Tech has hit rock bottom.

A few years ago, they managed to lose a game in which Mahomes personally totaled more than 800 yards of offense and 7 TDs.

Now they lose to KU.

Reactions: DallasJayhawk
Recent history man. Nobody cares what happened when your old drunk icon was coaching.

Lets be clear TTech diehard, the University of Texas is the only reason you are even in the B12, they could use the interest off the UT endowment and buy Tech and tear it down, UT is #1 in relevant Olympic sports in our conference. You hired Bobby Knight and Pat Knight not so long ago and are now basking 2 entire years of almost basketball success.

If UT decided to leave the B12, they would decide if Ttech went to a power 5 or a mid major, you'd lose both coaches earlier than normal.

Texas Tech has hit rock bottom.

A few years ago, they managed to lose a game in which Mahomes personally totaled more than 800 yards of offense and 7 TDs.

Now they lose to KU.

We are a basketball, baseball, track & field, golf, etc school.

Lets be clear TTech diehard, the University of Texas is the only reason you are even in the B12, they could use the interest off the UT endowment and buy Tech and tear it down, UT is #1 in relevant Olympic sports in our conference. You hired Bobby Knight and Pat Knight not so long ago and are now basking 2 entire years of almost basketball success.

If UT decided to leave the B12, they would decide if Ttech went to a power 5 or a mid major, you'd lose both coaches earlier than normal.

No. The only reason we are even in the Big 12 is because of Tech alums.

The university representatives from UT & A&M apparently believed the subject was open for discussion, that they had a negotiating position. The athletic directors overlooked a few critical factors. Lt Gov. Bob Bullock and Sen. John Montford, chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, were Texas Tech grads, as was House Speaker Laney and House Appropriations Committee Chairman Rob Junell.

Glaring at the two men Bullock said, "You're taking Tech and Baylor or you're not taking anything. I'll cut your money off and you can join privately if you want, but you won't get another nickel of state money." When they expressed hesitation, Bullock cut them off. "If you want to try me, go ahead," he said.

Now that is some world class butthurt.

This is why they are called sand aggy

Tech is competitive in a lot of sports. Don't know what has happened in women's basketball since Marsha Sharp retired but with that they have taken huge leaps in baseball, men's basketball anf track and field.

But their old bread winners in football and women's basketball have taken a nose dive.

I do like Matt Wells. You truthfully should have two more wins.

End of the day, though, Tech has two NC in all of sports

Women's basketball and now mens track and field.

You aren't in Texas' league no matter how much you wish to be.

Texas is pretty much one of the handful of schools who have traditionally been elite or near elite in all sports.

Texas has a chance to win the same amount of NC in this school year that Tech has all time

This is why they are called sand aggy

Tech is competitive in a lot of sports. Don't know what has happened in women's basketball since Marsha Sharp retired but with that they have taken huge leaps in baseball, men's basketball anf track and field.

But their old bread winners in football and women's basketball have taken a nose dive.

I do like Matt Wells. You truthfully should have two more wins.

End of the day, though, Tech has two NC in all of sports

Women's basketball and now mens track and field.

You aren't in Texas' league no matter how much you wish to be.

Texas is pretty much one of the handful of schools who have traditionally been elite or near elite in all sports.

Texas has a chance to win the same amount of NC in this school year that Tech has all time

Sand Aggy is like some moron saying t-sip. Aggies are boastful even when they haven't won anything. We actually were co-champs of the Big 12 regular season and lost in the National Championship game in basketball.

We are competitive in everything except football and women's basketball. Both went downhill due to coaching hires. Citing your earlier precedent I can say we last year's NFL MVP is a Red Raider. Hopefully Wells can turn it around.

Texas is 11th all-time in NCAA tournament bids but only 3 Final Fours and have never played in the Finals. 28 teams have more Final Four experience than Texas. 60 teams have played in the Finals. 36 different teams have won the NC. But we are putting Texas down as "near-elite" in basketball?

Last edited:
Sand Aggy is like some moron saying t-sip. Aggies are boastful even when they haven't won anything. We actually were co-champs of the Big 12 regular season and lost in the National Championship game in basketball.

We are competitive in everything except football and women's basketball. Both went downhill due to coaching hires. Citing your earlier precedent I can say we last year's NFL MVP is a Red Raider. Hopefully Wells can turn it around.

Texas is 11th all-time in NCAA tournament bids but only 3 Final Fours and have never played in the Finals. 28 teams have more Final Four experience than Texas. 60 teams have played in the Finals. 36 different teams have won the NC. But we putting Texas down as "near-elite" in basketball?

They are Top 20 in all time wins in basketball.

Texas is the only school who doesn't have to worry about a school poaching a coach in any sport.
Doesn't happen. But they do take coaches from any school they want.

Last edited:
They are Top 20 in all time wins in basketball.

Texas is the only school who doesn't have to worry about a school poaching a coach in any sport.
Doesn't happen. But they do take coaches from any school they want.

Why does that matter? Western Kentucky is Top 16 all-time wins and have the 8th best winning percentage. Does that make them elite? They have 5 more wins than Texas in 13 fewer seasons. The thing Texas has going for it is they have played in 113 seasons which ranks 28th. Oregon St has played 119 seasons is Top 25 in wins despite .563 winning percentage.

Going from your logic earlier, at the end of the day Texas has no NC in basketball.

Take coaches from any school yet you ended up with Tom Herman and Shaka Smart? Shouldn't yall have Saban, etc?

Last edited:
What are the first opinions of Ramsey?

Regarding Texas
What the Ole Miss coach said after the New Orleans exhibition looked true after one game.
Texas makes it difficult to shoot and when you drive there are people to protect the rim.

This is without Liddell tonight who I believe to be Texas' best all around player.

We will see Saturday night against Purdue. Hopefully Liddell is cleared to play.

What are the first opinions of Ramsey?

Regarding Texas
What the Ole Miss coach said after the New Orleans exhibition looked true after one game.
Texas makes it difficult to shoot and when you drive there are people to protect the rim.

This is without Liddell tonight who I believe to be Texas' best all around player.

We will see Saturday night against Purdue. Hopefully Liddell is cleared to play.

Ramsey is very talented. He's aggressive which is nice. Needs some more control and better finishing at times. But I feel like he's talented enough to be this season's version of Culver or the guy we lean on.

Other guys that did well. Holyfield had a very nice game. Shannon is an explosive wing. Lots of things to improve on though. Need to gel more on defense and offense but that will come with playing together. Was a sellout and the place was rocking.

Nice to see Andrew Jones come back for Texas.

Culver will be missed on the defensive end.
Ultimately you have a system. The younger guards will step up.
Culver had length and athleticism that can't be taught though.

Andrew Jones is a leader.
He is Shaka Smart and the coaching staff on the floor. Something Kerwin Roach never developed into.
When he went out it was becoming his team.

Him being that go between helps with Courtney Ramey.

Texas is stacked in the backcourt and has 3 guys who can play the point.
Jones, Ramey and Matt Coleman.

Plus Donovan Williams looks like a college basketball player even though he committed two dumb fouls on close outs.
He is long and can jump out of the gym.

I look forward to games against UK like no other. ****ing sucks. TT will be solid but nothing like last year. We beat UT's best team in ages last year and now face a watered down version with a better squad. yawn
I agree. I like playing KU W or L. It's just a good, hyped game. Lets' see if @della looks forward to playing KU again.

Yes, we will be kicking their ass again like the last time they came to Knoxville.
BTW, I know I tag you a lot, but it's only because I enjoy a little orange in our talks, and I feel like you probably monitor the FB board a bit more. Challenge accepted @toonces11 ! Della throwing down the gauntlet!

BTW, I know I tag you a lot, but it's only because I enjoy a little orange in our talks, and I feel like you probably monitor the FB board a bit more. Challenge accepted @toonces11 ! Della throwing down the gauntlet!
Since y'all's color is blue, it only makes sense for you to want a little Orange to brighten your day.
I'm a seasonal fan. I follow CFB when that is happening and CBB during that season.

Except for Tim Tadlock.

What Tech does doesn't work for Texas.
You play in a much different style of ballpark.

The coaches at Vandy and Florida were who Texas targeted.
But Pierce is a quality coach with deep Houston connections.
The problem started at catcher last year.
Not having our catcher caused the bullpen guys to not be as confident that let to about 90% of our losses.

Having our catcher back and Huston Street helping should change some things.

Texas cannot slug their way to Omaha in their ballpark.
Even with the slight change in left field it is a pitcher's park.

What Tech does doesn't work for Texas.
You play in a much different style of ballpark.

The coaches at Vandy and Florida were who Texas targeted.
But Pierce is a quality coach with deep Houston connections.
The problem started at catcher last year.
Not having our catcher caused the bullpen guys to not be as confident that let to about 90% of our losses.

Having our catcher back and Huston Street helping should change some things.

Texas cannot slug their way to Omaha in their ballpark.
Even with the slight change in left field it is a pitcher's park.
okay... but Tadlock was offered the Texas job and still chose to stay at Tech.

okay... but Tadlock was offered the Texas job and still chose to stay at Tech.

Don't know about all that.
Some coaches just used that job as a raise.

I know for sure that not all the coaches who used it to get a raise were officially offered the job.

We hired Pierce and he so far has showed signs that he can create a program that can maintain success.
Out of all big time athletic programs the University of Texas has maintained a success unlike any other.
There could finally be the coach who can't win here. I don't think it is Pierce.

Im still pouting like a little bitch from our 28 turnover performance on tues. Give me a little time before I ramp up my cocksured'ness.

Tech is sand aggy. But the originals are much better at comparing themselves with Texas than Tech.
Tech plays in a place that with a good South wind you smell nothing but cowshit.
I never asked but are you a typical UT t-shirt fan or an actual graduate of UT? It's one of those fan bases where it's really hard to tell the difference between the two. Tech about to lock up another 5 star recruit next week.

There is a lot of talent this year and looks like all the Big 12 going to get theirs.

Texas has only 1 spot for sure as they don't have any seniors on scholarships.

They saved a scholarship for Greg Brown.

Texas may end up having 1 or 2 more spots.
But if they did I am more interested in Cunningham or Bryce Thompson.

There is a lot of talent this year and looks like all the Big 12 going to get theirs.

Texas has only 1 spot for sure as they don't have any seniors on scholarships.

They saved a scholarship for Greg Brown.

Texas may end up having 1 or 2 more spots.
But if they did I am more interested in Cunningham or Bryce Thompson.
Cunningham already committed to OSU. Thompson likely to Kansas or outside shot at OU. I think you have Greg Brown locked up but you never know with Memphis, Kentucky, and UNC sniffing around.

Reactions: KisteK
Culver will be missed on the defensive end.
Ultimately you have a system. The younger guards will step up.
Culver had length and athleticism that can't be taught though.

Andrew Jones is a leader.
He is Shaka Smart and the coaching staff on the floor. Something Kerwin Roach never developed into.
When he went out it was becoming his team.

Him being that go between helps with Courtney Ramey.

Texas is stacked in the backcourt and has 3 guys who can play the point.
Jones, Ramey and Matt Coleman.

Plus Donovan Williams looks like a college basketball player even though he committed two dumb fouls on close outs.
He is long and can jump out of the gym.

Evans & Smith were going to be missed the season before that. Now Culver is going to be missed. Shaka had the havoc system but he hasn't really employed it.

Ramsey is only 6'4 but has pretty good. Terrance Shannon Jr 6'6 wing is really athletic. Naldony is 6'3 but probably the fastest guy up and down the court. Defense is still a work in progress but Coach Adams will coach them up.

Tech is sand aggy. But the originals are much better at comparing themselves with Texas than Tech.
Tech plays in a place that with a good South wind you smell nothing but cowshit.

I mean both Texas and Texas A&M are haughty people. Tech fans don't take themselves that seriously and have more realistic views about where we stand when we are not trolling people. But just considering the two biggest college sports.

Texas - 4 Football (most recent claim in 2005), 0 Basketball
A&M - 3 Football (most recent claim in 1939), 0 Basketball
Tech - 0 Football, 0 Basketball

Texas - First season of football 1893 & basketball 1905-6.
A&M - First season of football 1894 & basketball 1912-13.
Tech - First season of football 1925 & basketball 1925-26.

If Texas didn't have more wins than Tech that would be sad considering the 20 yr head start and better funding. A&M last NC in football came during the star of WW2. Tech actually has one more win in basketball than A&M despite playing 13 fewer seasons according to Sports-Reference. Tech basketball > A&M basketball.

Last edited:
Reactions: FiscalKliff
ADVERTISEMENT