ADVERTISEMENT

***Round of 32 - Monday Games Thread***

Looks like Gonzaga is in serious upset alert, they thought they could win this one easily but OU comes to play. Perhaps it will be a 27-1 season rather than 32-0 that a lot of people are expecting.

Last edited:
Weak WCC and Norfolk State surely failed to prepare Gonzaga up for tough and tight games, they are not used to this kind of intensity from OU.

Weak WCC and Norfolk State surely failed to prepare Gonzaga up for tough and tight games, they are not used to this kind of intensity from OU.

Have you watched Gonzaga this year? They've been trailing in the first half, more than 10 minutes in, just about every WCC game. Were even losing to BYU and Pacific with less than 10 minutes left in the game.

Have you watched Gonzaga this year? They've been trailing in the first half, more than 10 minutes in, just about every WCC game. Were even losing to BYU and Pacific with less than 10 minutes left in the game.

Its a different game in March though. Theres little to no pressure to be trailing at the half in regular season, at the very worst you lose a game and move on. But this is one and done tournament, not a best of seven series in NBA/MLB playoffs. Much easier to make a comeback without the pressure.

Sure, in the first halves before they began to give a fraction of their best effort to pull away by 30.

Its a different game in March though. Theres little to no pressure to be trailing at the half in regular season, at the very worst you lose a game and move on. But this is one and done tournament, not a best of seven series in NBA/MLB playoffs. Much easier to make a comeback without the pressure.

So, just like every team in the tournament, outside of the automatic qualifiers, that hasn't had the pressure of losing and having the season coming to an abrupt end. I'm just saying Gonzaga is more than used to slow starts. I've seen it more than 10 times in WCC play. I think they felt a little pressure in the WCC Tournament. Obviously the NCAAs is a different animal altogether. I just don't think this slow start is anything unusual for the Zags. They've dealt with it before.

Sure, in the first halves before they began to give a fraction of their best effort to pull away by 30.

True. I think they were sometimes bored subconsciously knowing they could turn it on at any point. If it's tight with 10 minute left, then yes, it will feel different, for sure. But, the first half jitters is nothing new.

If you watched that game and thought it was Garza's fault just go play in traffic asasp for society's sake.

“one game in a losing effort isn’t changing anyone’s opinion”

You can’t be that f*cking idiotic to think that was saying it was his fault when it was the exact opposite?

never mind don’t answer that it’s probably better for the both of us

“one game in a losing effort isn’t changing anyone’s opinion”

You can’t be that f*cking idiotic to think that was saying it was his fault when it was the exact opposite?

never mind don’t answer that it’s probably better for the both of us
Please enlighten us on how you came up with Garza is overrated as he tried to carry that fvcking team to the sweet 16?

So, just like every team in the tournament, outside of the automatic qualifiers, that hasn't had the pressure of losing and having the season coming to an abrupt end. I'm just saying Gonzaga is more than used to slow starts. I've seen it more than 10 times in WCC play. I think they felt a little pressure in the WCC Tournament. Obviously the NCAAs is a different animal altogether. I just don't think this slow start is anything unusual for the Zags. They've dealt with it before.

Yeah they have dealt it before but still, the March madness is a very different animal. We’ve seen it many times that a team that was used to the pressure and comeback from behind in regular season, started to panic in March and the deficit got worse and worse until they were done for good, especially as overwhelming favorite. The opponents also matter, sometimes a team just comes out to play. OU has nothing to lose at this point, they have lost one of their best players and no one was giving them a chance. Quite often this kind of teams are dangerous ‘cause they have no pressure. But anyway, it’s a terrible habit to start the game slow since you never know when and whether the opponents will just stay hot for an entire game. If you play with fire too often, you will get burned eventually.

Last edited:
Please enlighten us on how you came up with Garza is overrated as he tried to carry that fvcking team to the sweet 16?

Wow you really are the ignorant. Here let me put it into simpler terms, if you still don’t get it after this you may want to take a shot of bleach:

Besides that game I think he is overrated. Meaning he played great that game. Meaning that one game isn’t going to change my opinion of him being overrated. Meaning yes he played great that game.

Read that a few times and try to interpret it

Wow you really are the ignorant. Here let me put it into simpler terms, if you still don’t get it after this you may want to take a shot of bleach:

Besides that game I think he is overrated. Meaning he played great that game. Meaning that one game isn’t going to change my opinion of him being overrated. Meaning yes he played great that game.

Read that a few times and try to interpret it
RollLaugh
So many fvcking potatoes come out of the woodwork in March.

ADVERTISEMENT