ADVERTISEMENT

***Round of 32 - Monday Games Thread***

Yes it is. I’ve watched them throw up bricks 3 out of their 4 games that I’ve watched them this year. You can’t tell me this performance is remotely normal. USC is not a good shooting team, and Kansas has been very good statistically against the three this year.

Take away USC’s 11 threes and USC still wins by 1

What funny duckboy?? I don’t think that’s a ridiculous take at all. USC would absolutely beat Gonzaga tonight with this performance.
Meh....I dunno, man. Gonzaga is on different planet offensively. I mean they shot 49% tonight vs Oklahoma----their WORST of the year---Scoring 87.

USC was cray,cray, above their heads, out of their minds tonight---Still probably wouldn't be good enough to beat the Zags.

Again, does Oregon suck? Cause USC brought this kind of performance against you for 30 minutes. This is more about USC just going off. At least they let the gas off the pedal against you at the end of the game, where as they kept their feet on our throats the whole 40. If USC brings this kind of focus and effort against you guys, they will flat out murder you.
Fortunately for you they probably won’t play remotely this well. Just thank us that we took it for you.

Kansas sucks

I know it's hard to believe, but possibly Kansas just sucks
Naaah---they don't suck. USC was just really, really good tonight. When you are off, and a good team is on, well this can happen. 11/17 from three is nuts from this team. Compound it with KU laying an egg,and well.............

Reactions: duckboy33
Naaah---they don't suck. USC was just really, really good tonight. When you are off, and a good team is on, well this can happen. 11/17 from three is nuts from this team. Compound it with KU laying an egg,and well.............
I remember about 10 years ago when Temple beat KU by 30. KU was a to 10 team and Temple was not good. If they play 20 times, KU would have won 19 of them. But the stars aligned that night and KU couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn on the same night that they couldn’t miss. It was really odd.

This game had much the same feel, except that USC is actually good, and this KU team is not a top 10 team.

Our guys officially own the "Clown Team of the 2021 NCAA Tournament". JFC that was hands down the worst tourney game KU has played in the tourney in well.....decades. USC was tall, long and active of both ends of the floor. The way USC disrupted the passing lanes and forced a ton of highly contested shots was special. Even when we had open looks, we struggled there as well. There is no sugar coating the ass beating tonight.

Good luck to USC as they move into the Sweet 16.

I remember about 10 years ago when Temple beat KU by 30. KU was a to 10 team and Temple was not good. If they play 20 times, KU would have won 19 of them. But the stars aligned that night and KU couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn on the same night that they couldn’t miss. It was really odd.

This game had much the same feel, except that USC is actually good, and this KU team is not a top 10 team.
USC is a good basketball team....Really good? I dunno. But they are solid. When you play as they did tonight-----easily as good as they are capable of----coupled with a team equal to, or even a tad lesser, laying a big egg....

Welp....You get your shit packed in.

Reactions: Turinturumbar
Florida State has the athleticism and length to make things difficult on Oregon. It's an entirely different type of game if Oregon and FSU are playing

On the positive side for Oregon, you’d get FSU on a full week of rest and prep.

FSU and Cuse are two teams that are NOT fun to prepare for on 36 hours notice.

Reactions: duckboy33
On the positive side for Oregon, you’d get FSU on a full week of rest and prep.

FSU and Cuse are two teams that are NOT fun to prepare for on 36 hours notice.
Esp Syracuse..Bob Knight called it a nightmare preparing for them, in one day.

I expect "Maybe Oregon just sucks" to be the mantra of the night when USC drills them again.

Never forget, dudes....no matter what happens in this tourney....despite the Bucknells and Northern Iowas....#1 in tourney wins since 2000.

giphy.gif

Reactions: hawkit3113
Well thank you for keeping me entertained the last 4 days everyone! I know we all truly missed the tournament last year and it was super fun to chat with y'all the last 4 days. I will be going through basketball withdrawals for the next 4 days now.

Sorry I did not get on earlier....Had to work and had the game taped so i didn't want to ruin the game.....Bill Sell did that just fine for me,

Also would have been just as happy getting the forfeit 40 points I mentioned earlier since we didn't hit 12 by the under 8 timeout. Would have saved us all that blood bath.

I see a couple of the regulars have handled that embarrassment about as well as the sheriff did.

Tbh I kind of thought USC would be a tough matchup because Mobley was the best player on the floor by a mile. Didn't expect them to shoot 97% from three though.

Top 16 by the committee seeding vs. reality...

Committee:
Big Ten - 5
Big 12 - 5
ACC - 2
SEC - 2
WCC - 1
AAC - 1

Reality:
PAC 12 - 4
Big East - 2
ACC - 2
SEC - 2