ADVERTISEMENT

***Round of 32 - Monday Games Thread***

Looked like Suggs was ready to fight. Suggs/Harkless would be a good fight. Not sure who I would take in that matchup, tbh.

Reactions: ChiTownSean
Gonzaga 15.5pts favorite before the game starts, I absolutely dont think they can cover that whether they win or not. OU is good enough to keep this game competitive, they aint some weaklings like Norfork State.
Looks like Gonzaga is in serious upset alert, they thought they could win this one easily but OU comes to play. Perhaps it will be a 27-1 season rather than 32-0 that a lot of people are expecting.
Weak WCC and Norfolk State surely failed to prepare Gonzaga up for tough and tight games, they are not used to this kind of intensity from OU.

You're killing it, like always.

Gonzaga is the best team since the 2015 trio (UK, Duke, Wisconsin).

Oklahoma just shot 50 percent from the field and lost by 16. If people don’t think Gonzaga is the real deal than you aren’t paying attention. They are the best team since nova in 2018

And keep in mind that OU's largest loss in the Big 12 season was a 15-point loss at Baylor. OU played reasonably well, and Gonzaga still won comfortably. I think USC's length and Oregon's athleticism might present the biggest challenge to the Zags in this region. Still hard to bet against them.

I think Oregon just dunked again. Sorry Iowa fans. Too soon? Garza had a great career and seems to be a real good dude.

And keep in mind that OU's largest loss in the Big 12 season was a 15-point loss at Baylor. OU played reasonably well, and Gonzaga still won comfortably. I think USC's length and Oregon's athleticism might present the biggest challenge to the Zags in this region. Still hard to bet against them.

OU was also without their #2 scorer today.

I agree, USC's length could give them real problems. Oregon can beat them too.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Reactions: JayhawkWriter
Last year's KU would beat Gonzaga???

Florida isn't even top 3 title teams in the 21st century though.

Overlooked Nova, they are right there too. One of the best teams of the last 20 years.
I'm more concerned over what teams this year could beat Gonzaga. Who cares what team could beat them in the past?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
That 18 Nova team is perhaps the 2nd best in the 21st century after 07 Florida.
This is a complete potato response. Espn ranked the best tourney winners and Florida was the 4th best team from the 21st century behind 2012 Kentucky, 2008 ku, and 2009 North Carolina. I’d put 2018 Villanova over Florida but behind those other three.

This is a complete potato response. Espn ranked the best tourney winners and Florida was the 4th best team from the 21st century behind 2012 Kentucky, 2008 ku, and 2009 North Carolina. I’d put 2018 Villanova over Florida but behind those other three.

You guys underestimated the difficulty and challenge of repeating. That Florida team was the team to beat since the beginning of the season and everyone studied them and was preparing hard to take them down, and yet they still won and was never in danger of losing in any of these 6 games.

You guys underestimated the difficulty and challenge of repeating. That Florida team was the team to beat since the beginning of the season and everyone studied them and was preparing hard to take them down, and yet they still won and was never in danger of losing in any of these 6 games.
And they would have gotten beaten by any one of the three teams mentioned above them. In fact ku played them in 07 on a neutral court and beat them.

Last year's KU would beat Gonzaga???

I'm not saying it would be easy, but yeah, why not?

You don't think Azubuike would dunk all over this team? You don't think Dotson could take their guards off the dribble? You don't think Garrett could contain the hot hand?

That team played some of the best defense we've seen in a long time and got a ton of high-percentage buckets. Good formula for March.

Yes, I'm aware. Alondes Williams got more minutes because of that, and he was the second most effective player for OU.

Who's to say that Harmon wouldn't have been their most effective? They're a lot better with him, that much is clear.

You don't think Azubuike would dunk all over this team? You don't think Dotson could take their guards off the dribble? You don't think Garrett could contain the hot hand?

That team played some of the best defense we've seen in a long time and got a ton of high-percentage buckets. Good formula for March.

I agree about Doak, but unsure about Dotson vs Suggs...

No? According to KenPom Gonzaga has a much more efficient offense and a top defense themselves. You could make a case they would have the three best players on the floor. They could win sure but saying they would is home board shit.
They have the highest efficiency margin the 20 years KenPom has existed right now. Kansas last year was probably like 20th highest.

Who did Garrett contain when they played earlier this year?

Reactions: RR30
Who did Garrett contain when they played earlier this year?

My memory of that game is a little hazy, but I think Self had him switching. Which he's done for much of the season. But when Self put him exclusively on Butler vs Baylor this year, he shut him down.

ADVERTISEMENT