ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo

Did you see what he did at Dayton? Did you see what he did with IU last year, with a very flawed roster? The guy is a highly regarded coach. And well he should be. Him winning 16 games with this team was, well, impressive. No PG....No depth...No shooters...lost his starting center. Started a walk-on...two freshman played significant minutes. And now his recruiting. Great chance at Langford. The ground he made up with Romeo is impressive. Leading for Jackson-Davis and Brooks. Solid class this year, with two solid Indiana kids in Phinisee and Anderson. In other words, he's already starting to put his grip on the state.

Other than that...No reason really.
Plus he will also have the advantage of bringing another outstanding recruiter on board after his brother is fired from Arizona.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Plus he will also have the advantage of bringing another outstanding recruiter on board after his brother is fired from Arizona.
Doubtful. He and the staff dont need the help. Schilling is loved in Indiana. And highly respected. As much as I want Romeo the two guys I think we have to get is either one of TJD or Brooks. In great with both.

We’ve been here before,lol.

2V4Bd.So.79.jpeg

The thing about Randle is we had good Intel that he was a hard lean to Kentucky after he visited for our alumni game in September and our sources never wavered in between then and when he announced.

I really think y'all just got homered on that one. No one from Kentucky's side was at all surprised. And Randle even confirmed in interviews after announcing that he was sold on Kentucky for a while but he wanted to wait till after his high school season so his teammates would get more exposure.

Doubtful. He and the staff dont need the help. Schilling is loved in Indiana. And highly respected. As much as I want Romeo the two guys I think we have to get is either one of TJD or Brooks. In great with both.

I like brooks a lot. I'd take him easily over DJ Jeffries if I didn't think Jeffries could help with Wiseman

Reactions: KisteK
Brooks is terrific, but I would not take him over Jeffries. I watched both play this weekend. They play different styles and I like both of their games, but I would take Jeffries over Brooks.

Our head guys have been saying since the beginning don't ever count out Kansas. Again congrats, have to be a good chance at preseason #1.
I wouldn't get down just yet. Still think he'll be a Hoosier.

I like brooks a lot. I'd take him easily over DJ Jeffries if I didn't think Jeffries could help with Wiseman
Brooks is really good. I know IU is in really good shape with him. Brooks is on record saying "he'd love to play at IU". Getting him along with TJD would be really, really huge.

SHocking news here: Langford named Indiana's Mr. Basketball. Two IU signee's finish in Top 5. Langford received 264 of the 294 votes. My question: Who the fvck didn't think this kid was the best player in the state?

Reactions: KisteK
I still don’t think this is a done deal. IU or Kansas for sure but neither choice would “shock” me

Reactions: SNU0821
Just talked with my uncle,
Congrats Hoosiers

I hope Kansas pockets the scholly, unless there's a sniper out there still looking to transfer.
Well Hello, Joe..

Edit to point out we've lost the last ... ~6 battles vs Nova so....

I live in New Albany doll face. I'd rather spend $10 on a bum licking my ass hole and tasting my @TheDude1 than on a month subscription to the slant.

I'm not sure this is getting over like you thought it would? But keep at it, maybe with a little persistence it will be funny or something.

So I say to my 12 year old son who plays competitive basketball for Boulder... “Romeo Langford is making his decision today, it’s between Indiana, Kansas, and Vanderbilt.” He looks at me with this confused look, and says, “Vanderbilt?”

I know son, I know.
Laughing

Last edited:
So I say to my 12 year old son who plays competitive basketball for Boulder... “Romeo Langford is making his decision today, it’s between Indiana, Kansas, and Vanderbilt.” He looks at me with this confused look, and days, “Vanderbilt?”

I know son, I know.
Laughing
That's awesome. Pretty much the same thought both KU and IU fan bases had when they were announced as a finalist.

Reactions: npreston
SHocking news here: Langford named Indiana's Mr. Basketball. Two IU signee's finish in Top 5. Langford received 264 of the 294 votes. My question: Who the fvck didn't think this kid was the best player in the state?
Was looking through previous winners at the end of the article announcing Langford winning the award this year, and was surprised by the distribution of winners to various schools over the past 20 years. Not counting Langford (although he's likely headed to IU), the 19 winners have gone to 12 different schools.

5 - Indiana
2 - Notre Dame
2 - North Carolina
2 - Ohio State
1 - Purdue
1 - Xavier
1 - Michigan State
1 - Michigan
1 - Kentucky
1 - Virginia
1 - UCLA
1 - Arizona

Last edited:
He’s in Indiana, and he’s gonna stay in Indiana.

I don't have a membership, but apparently there's someone on Slant who is willing to wager 10 grand that he won't. Dude on another board has said he'd disappear for two years if he's wrong.

Who knows, but I think people have overreacted to the open announcement thing.

I don't have a membership, but apparently there's someone on Slant who is willing to wager 10 grand that he won't. Dude on another board has said he'd disappear for two years if he's wrong.

You'll find out in 7.5 hrs.

That dude on the Slant would lose out on 10,000. It isn't just the open announcement

Reactions: IU_Btown_Chicago
Brooks is really good. I know IU is in really good shape with him. Brooks is on record saying "he'd love to play at IU". Getting him along with TJD would be really, really huge.

At what point are some of these kids going to be turned off by the number of SF/PF on IU's roster?

2017 class had 3 guys in the 6'6'-6'9" range: 4-star 6'7" Justin Smith, 4-star 6'8" Race Thompson, 3-star 6'9" Clifton Moore

2018 class had 3 guys in that same range: 4-star 6'7" Jerome Hunter, 4-star 6'6" Damezi Anderson, 3-star 6'8" Jake Forrester

2019 class: IU is in on 5-star 6'8" legacy recruit Trendon Watford, 5-star 6'8" Keion Brooks, 5-star 6'8" Trace Jackson-Davis

Only 80 minutes a game, at the 3+4 spots. If IU doesn't get Romeo... what do they have, like 3 guards total on the roster next year?

Well, you either have a source or you're speculating like everybody else.

Everyone and I do mean everyone feels good about Indiana's chances as of this morning except for An6el or whatever their name is on the Kansas 247 page.

They all very well may be wrong and I have followed recruiting long enough to know surprised are to be expected, but I don't think they are all wrong this time.

With that said he will probably pick Vandy.

At what point are some of these kids going to be turned off by the number of SF/PF on IU's roster?

2017 class had 3 guys in the 6'6'-6'9" range: 4-star 6'7" Justin Smith, 4-star 6'8" Race Thompson, 3-star 6'9" Clifton Moore

2018 class had 3 guys in that same range: 4-star 6'7" Jerome Hunter, 4-star 6'6" Damezi Anderson, 3-star 6'8" Jake Forrester

2019 class: IU is in on 5-star 6'8" legacy recruit Trendon Watford, 5-star 6'8" Keion Brooks, 5-star 6'8" Trace Jackson-Davis

Only 80 minutes a game, at the 3+4 spots. If IU doesn't get Romeo... what do they have, like 3 guards total on the roster next year?
Some of those guys may get time at the 2/3, like Anderson. Some of those guys will spend time at the 4/5 as well, like Race Thompson. So I think we'll have more time to spread than just those 80 minutes. Only guess with the log jam at that spot.

I think those guys are just blowing smoke. Nobody knows for sure, especially well enough to wager $10k.

IMO the open gym announcement is a clear indicator he’s selecting IU. I just don’t see him picking KU in that environment, and I’ve always seen Vandy as 3rd in the horse race. Again, who knows. Certainly not some keyboard warrior wagering $10k he doesn’t have.

Reactions: KisteK and SNU0821

You forgot 5* Matthew Hurt also, and the answer is... I have no idea. In recruiting though, you keep all of your options open until they close themselves or you know 100% you don't have that need. Out of TJD, Brooks, Watford, and Hurt, who would you stop recruiting?

ADVERTISEMENT