ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo

Again--------Why? What does Kansas and Self offer that IU and Miller does not? What, Self has gotten some guys to the league? Great. But how many SG's has he sent to the league, who's having success?

Xavier Henry? 6th overall player coming out of HS. Yeah he got drafted. What's he doing now? Yep----in the G-league.
McLemore is doing ok.

After that, who? You are acting as if Self has sent a butt load of SG's to the league. As if he has some type of track record of doing so.

He doesn't.

THere is absolutely no advantage for Langford by going to Kansas. Hell, one could argue there being a disadvantage. At KU he'll be battling Grimes, Dotson and Cal transfer for minutes. At IU? He'll be "batting" Durham and Green. Yeah.

Langford would start from day one and get plenty of minutes. With a great chance to win a title.

Who cares what Xavier Henry is doing? He had a good year and was a high draft pick. Not sure how it reflects poorly on Self if a OAD doesn't continue to develop.

Mclemore was barely top 50 coming out of high school and was a top 10 pick after playing one year.

Langford watched KU become guard U the past few years, putting a Towson guard in the NBA with back to back NPOY candidates. That sh*t matters more to these guys than it probably should.

Reactions: DC Hawkfan
What makes you so confident Miller will have great success?
Did you see what he did at Dayton? Did you see what he did with IU last year, with a very flawed roster? The guy is a highly regarded coach. And well he should be. Him winning 16 games with this team was, well, impressive. No PG....No depth...No shooters...lost his starting center. Started a walk-on...two freshman played significant minutes. And now his recruiting. Great chance at Langford. The ground he made up with Romeo is impressive. Leading for Jackson-Davis and Brooks. Solid class this year, with two solid Indiana kids in Phinisee and Anderson. In other words, he's already starting to put his grip on the state.

Other than that...No reason really.

This is a much different situation then others. He very well may choose Kansas or Vandy, but I think that percentage went way down when the family decided to open this to the public.
Maybe the family has enough faith in the community to behave responsibly no matter what's his decision. Are you expecting IU fans to riot if he doesn't pick IU?

Last edited:
Did you see what he did at Dayton? Did you see what he did with IU last year, with a very flawed roster? The guy is a highly regarded coach. And well he should be. Him winning 16 games with this team was, well, impressive. No PG....No depth...No shooters...lost his starting center. Started a walk-on...two freshman played significant minutes. And now his recruiting. Great chance at Langford. The ground he made up with Romeo is impressive. Leading for Jackson-Davis and Brooks. Solid class this year, with two solid Indiana kids in Phinisee and Anderson. In other words, he's already starting to put his grip on the state.

Other than that...No reason really.

Wasn't implying that he won't succeed. He probably will. Then again, Shaka Smart was expected to dominate at Texas. And he's had some excellent players.

Clearly his decision to open it to the public would seem to indicate it's Indiana. But the notion from several here that Indiana somehow offers him more than KU is hilarious. He'd be close to home. That's where it begins and ends. 5>3? Yeah, I'm sure that ranks highly in Romeo's priorities. Especially given that KU's been far and away the better program throughout his life.

People have said that Indiana fans are delusional, but I rarely see one so I couldn't confirm it til now. Laughing
He's probably going to Iu but these 2 programs are light years apart right now. IU's last title came well after Romeo was born. All he's seen is how good Kansas is and how bad IU is. While I still think it's IU, there is no comparison in regards to the state of both programs. Yes, IU does have the heritage but their last FF was 2002. Again congrats IU.

He's probably going to Iu but these 2 programs are light years apart right now. IU's last title came well after Romeo was born. All he's seen is how good Kansas is and how bad IU is. While I still think it's IU, there is no comparison in regards to the state of both programs. Yes, IU does have the heritage but their last FF was 2002. Again congrats IU.
Who was comparing the programs? Not sure I remember IU fans claiming our program is the same as KU’s.

Run along now little bro Purdue fan. This is a conversation for the big boys.

Who was comparing the programs? Not sure I remember IU fans claiming our program is the same as KU’s.

Run along now little bro Purdue fan. This is a conversation for the big boys.
Lol Purdue has a better program than yours. Stop living in the past.

Lol Purdue has a better program than yours. Stop living in the past.
Ok. Lets do now. Past ,what 10 years?

Big 10 titles: IU 2 Purdue 2
NCAAT appearances: IU 6 Purdue 8
Sweet 16's: IU 3 Purdue 4

And keep in mind-------these numbers are during an era where Indiana was historically bad.
So congrats. During one the worst era's of IU basketball, Purdue was slightly better.

Purdue: The gift that keeps on giving. I mean your best team in years doesnt win the conference; after having a 2 game lead. Doesn't win the conference tourney. And doesn't get past the SW 16(again).

Do what you do, man.

Just curious-------When was Purdue's?

Just curious-------When was Purdue's?
I see. Just curious. Was I talking about Purdue?

I dunno. I guess I assumed you were. But not seeing your moniker, I guess probably not. Kansas? Which then you are correct. THe programs are light years apart. BUT..........And again, if that was an important piece of his decision, then not only does IU not make the final 3, but nor does Vanderbilt. WHich tells me that not someting I see high on Romeo's list.

No, but I assume you’re the same choptalk that posts on the IU free board that is a Purdue fan. You bring up an IU recruit and then make up that IU fans were trying to equate our program to Kansas. I don’t recall anyone saying IU has been as successful as Kansas. Yet here you are, a Purdue fan, obsessing about all things IU. Weird. Well, not really.

No, but I assume you’re the same choptalk that posts on the IU free board that is a Purdue fan. You bring up an IU recruit and then make up that IU fans were trying to equate our program to Kansas. I don’t recall anyone saying IU has been as successful as Kansas. Yet here you are, a Purdue fan, obsessing about all things IU. Weird. Well, not really.
Oh I see. So only IU fans can talk about IU? It’s ok with you if I mention Kansas? A poster suggested it. I responded. It is a forum and open for opinions. I noticed you didn’t mention anything about me saying congrats on Romeo.

Reactions: Potterslake
Congrats, was holding out hope but this morning kinda shot that down.
I’m pretty surprised. He’s been correct on most of ku’s recruits in the past, including Wiggins which shocked everybody. Still plenty of time for Langford to change his mind though. We will see.

It was a hell of an effort by the staff... sucks not to be able to close. Can probably begin kicking the tires on TJD, Brooks and really the entire Miller era already
Nah, you guys will be fine. Miller is young and Langford is only 1 recruit. Too much talent comes from that area of the country. Miller will get his eventually.

Reactions: klize17
I’m pretty surprised. He’s been correct on most of ku’s recruits in the past, including Wiggins which shocked everybody. Still plenty of time for Langford to change his mind though. We will see.

Our head guys have been saying since the beginning don't ever count out Kansas. Again congrats, have to be a good chance at preseason #1.

Lol. It's a trap KU fans.
We’ve been here before,lol.

2V4Bd.So.79.jpeg

Our head guys have been saying since the beginning don't ever count out Kansas. Again congrats, have to be a good chance at preseason #1.
Yup. Pretty much ruined my weekend. Maybe my year...

We’ve been here before,lol.

2V4Bd.So.79.jpeg

Yep. We've gone into too many announcements where word of KU being the pick the day or 2 before only to go the other way and find out we were 3rd or 4th of the options.

Reactions: wesr
Live in NA, know an assistant. Just a FWIW.
You and may know one another. I know the entire staff. Went to school with the JV coach, and an assistant. Know plenty of kids on the team(umpired a few them in LL and HS). Know their parents as well. Lived in New Albany for quite some time. Shoot me a PM. Hell dude, we might be long lost HS buds....SmokinSmile

Reactions: SNU0821
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT