ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo

Just goes to show that you can never trust "insiders" until the decision is actually made. Hopefully Romeo does end up a Jayhawk.

A few posters on the KU board claim to have legit sources who are confident that Self locked him down, and that nothing changed after the FBI release.

But according to every IU fan who has crawled out of the woodwork, he's signed, sealed and delivered to Miller. So clearly their sources are wrong.

A few posters on the KU board claim to have legit sources who are confident that Self locked him down, and that nothing changed after the FBI release.

But according to every IU fan who has crawled out of the woodwork, he's signed, sealed and delivered to Miller. So clearly their sources are wrong.
We will all find out soon enough.

Won't see it posted. Live in New Albany.
I went to New Albany. Played ball there. Know the coaches extremely well. Know a ton of folks connected to the program. I'v heard not a peep of Kansas. Person I spoke with about a month ago told me Indiana. But we know how that goes. And the sudden switch by Slater and Meyer (Indiana) makes you think IU. WE shall see.

Just curious...But why?
Well I mainly said that because so many Indiana guys keep saying Indiana is a better business decision. But, if we’re all being honest, Bill Self and Kansas have a mmmmmmuuuuuuucccccchhhhh better history of sending guys to the NBA than either Indiana or Vanderbilt and their coaches. The ultimate goal for this guy should be the NBA, correct? Kansas would be best for him if that’s his goal.

And you guys can say he’d be a 1 and done no matter where he went but we just don’t know that yet. There’s numerous can’t miss top 10 prospects every year who struggle to make it there and some never actually never do. We will just see.

Well I mainly said that because so many Indiana guys keep saying Indiana is a better business decision. But, if we’re all being honest, Bill Self and Kansas have a mmmmmmuuuuuuucccccchhhhh better history of sending guys to the NBA than either Indiana or Vanderbilt and their coaches. The ultimate goal for this guy should be the NBA, correct? Kansas would be best for him if that’s his goal.

And you guys can say he’d be a 1 and done no matter where he went but we just don’t know that yet. There’s numerous can’t miss top 10 prospects every year who struggle to make it there and some never actually never do. We will just see.
He's going to the league no matter what school he attends lol at you thinking a coaching staff or program is going to affect whether he goes to nba or not

He's going to the league no matter what school he attends lol at you thinking a coaching staff or program is going to affect whether he goes to nba or not
Yeah he probably will go to the NBA but you shouldn’t believe it’s 100%. Plenty of can’t miss blue chips haven’t made it when people like you have so confidently believed they would. Just gotta pay attention to history, man.

Yeah he probably will go to the NBA but you shouldn’t believe it’s 100%. Plenty of can’t miss blue chips haven’t made it when people like you have so confidently believed they would. Just gotta pay attention to history, man.
Plenty of can't miss blue chips didn't make it that attended KU.

Yeah, sure, when you have like 20 blue-chip recruits per year, a good amount of them probably won't make it. For tons of reasons. But your argument isn't that, it's that picking Kansas over IU/Vanderbilt is the potential difference in him making it or not. That is laughable.

Yeah, sure, when you have like 20 blue-chip recruits per year, a good amount of them probably won't make it. For tons of reasons. But your argument isn't that, it's that picking Kansas over IU/Vanderbilt is the potential difference in him making it or not. That is laughable.
My argument is that KU gives him a better chance of making it to the NBA and I’m basing that off the coaches and each schools recent history. How is that laughable?

My argument is that KU gives him a better chance of making it to the NBA and I’m basing that off the coaches and each schools recent history. How is that laughable?
Because it's a homer take. Just because IU and Vanderbilt don't have the recent history of putting guys in the league like Kansas, it doesn't mean that Romeo's chances of making the league are lessened if he goes to IU or Vanderbilt. It just means that IU and Vanderbilt haven't had that many highly ranked kids or sure-fire NBA guys, so their chances of sending a kid to the NBA at the same rate as Kansas are obviously not as good.

Kansas has sent more players to the league lately due to Addidas/Self paying high level prospects to attend Kansas. Its not some special talent Self has to prepare players for the league, its the law of averages.

Because it's a homer take. Just because IU and Vanderbilt don't have the recent history of putting guys in the league like Kansas, it doesn't mean that Romeo's chances of making the league are lessened if he goes to IU or Vanderbilt. It just means that IU and Vanderbilt haven't had that many highly ranked kids or sure-fire NBA guys, so their chances of sending a kid to the NBA at the same rate as Kansas are obviously not as good.
It’s hardly a homer take. It’s just a fact. That’s how coaches make pitches to recruits. “I’ve had this many guys go pro, I’ve sent players like you to the NBA”, it’s what John Calipari’s whole brand is built off of. It’s a completely normal recruiting tactic. Bill Self has the background to brag about it with proof while the others hardly have anything. This isn’t difficult to understand and you’re turning it into something it shouldn’t be. Lol

It’s hardly a homer take. It’s just a fact. That’s how coaches make pitches to recruits. “I’ve had this many guys go pro, I’ve sent players like you to the NBA”, it’s what John Calipari’s whole brand is built off of. It’s a completely normal recruiting tactic. Bill Self has the background to brag about it with proof while the others hardly have anything. This isn’t difficult to understand and you’re turning it into something it shouldn’t be. Lol
I agree with him, though. He's right. This is about Romeo. Romeo is going to be a lottery pick, regardless of where he goes. That isn't really a question. One could argue that going Vandy may give him less of a chance than KU or IU due to exposure, making the tournament, etc., but regardless, he's going to the league. Could KU get him a HIGHER draft pick than the other two schools, possibly. But just as possible as him getting to a higher pick at IU due to him being the best player on the roster (outside of Morgan) by far. So I actually think he's right in this case.

I understand it fine, and I know it's used in recruiting. If you're of Langford's caliber, a year of coaching at Kansas or Creighton doesn't make a single bit of difference in how his professional career turns out.

88% of kids ranked where Langford is have been 1st round picks. 90+, % have been drafted. In other words, odds are, he' getting drafted. Regardless of where he goes.
As for saying IU would be a better business decision: It is. The connections he would garner by playing at Indiana, as a HS legend, is enormous. As Bailey told Langford---What about after basketball? He told Langford that having that IU brand is priceless.
We shall see. But dude---Langford could go to ducking Hofstra, and get drafted.

If this were that important, you'd think he would have UK/Duke in his top 3. Its not about what school can get him to the league. If it were, then UK and Duke would be right there.

How? Indiana plays on national TV. PLAYS in the Big 10. Rabid fan base. Huge brand. Why is KU his best opportunity? I mean Langford is going to be the guy from Day one (@ Indiana). Not so certain at Kansas. Exposure will be exactly the same. Plus Miller' offense will be centered around Langford.
Dude quit being such a homer.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
If this were that important, you'd think he would have UK/Duke in his top 3. Its not about what school can get him to the league. If it were, then UK and Duke would be right there.
Calipari ruined his chances with Langford when he coached him last Summer and I don't think Duke could make the case that Langford could coexist with Reddish and Barrett. Plus I think he was always going to end up at an Adidas school.

How? Indiana plays on national TV. PLAYS in the Big 10. Rabid fan base. Huge brand. Why is KU his best opportunity? I mean Langford is going to be the guy from Day one (@ Indiana). Not so certain at Kansas. Exposure will be exactly the same. Plus Miller' offense will be centered around Langford.
Dude quit being such a homer.
I’m not being a homer. My only point was that KU and Self would be much better options for getting a player to the NBA than either coach at Indiana or Vanderbilt. That’s it. That’s all I’m saying. Many of you have been attempting to construe that into some other meaning but my point remains. I have no problem admitting that Kentucky with Calipari is a much better option of getting to the NBA than Kansas with Self. Not sure why some of you can’t admit that regarding Indiana and Kansas.

Also not sure why you’re trying to sell Indiana’s fan base and the fact that they play in the Big 10 as reasons why they are comparable to Self and KU’s history of getting guys drafted.

You make a good point regarding playing time. And as you say, there is around a 10% chance of him not getting drafted based off his ranking. That’s a pretty big number. We will see how good he is next year.

Reactions: KisteK
I’m not being a homer. My only point was that KU and Self would be much better options for getting a player to the NBA than either coach at Indiana or Vanderbilt. That’s it. That’s all I’m saying. Many of you have been attempting to construe that into some other meaning but my point remains. I have no problem admitting that Kentucky with Calipari is a much better option of getting to the NBA than Kansas with Self. Not sure why some of you can’t admit that regarding Indiana and Kansas.

Also not sure why you’re trying to sell Indiana’s fan base and the fact that they play in the Big 10 as reasons why they are comparable to Self and KU’s history of getting guys drafted.

You make a good point regarding playing time. And as you say, there is around a 10% chance of him not getting drafted based off his ranking. That’s a pretty big number. We will see how good he is next year.
Lol the sad thing is you really believe this.

Awww you're butthurt and he hasn't even decided yet.
I couldn’t even tell you what position he played. SG/SF, right? I’m not the guy on this board you want to poke at over being butthurt about recruits. I can barely even name half of KU’s team any given year when November rolls around. Lol

Calipari ruined his chances with Langford when he coached him last Summer and I don't think Duke could make the case that Langford could coexist with Reddish and Barrett. Plus I think he was always going to end up at an Adidas school.

you actually got that backwords
Romeo ruined his chances with UK/CAL
even his dad said that after the trip he contacted UK to set up a visit and Cal would not return his call

i agree with you on him not getting along with the Duke players and maybe not K

Last edited:
Fair. But again..............

I think after seeing Ben Simmons, Fultz, Bamba, Young, and several others over the last few years play college ball for mediocre to bad teams and still manage to improve or at least maintain their draft stock the idea that you have to play for a perennial power to do so has been proven false.

Langford would be guaranteed to start and likely have the ball in his hands from day 1 at IU.

That's not the case at Kansas with grimes, Dotson and the transfer from Cal already in the fold for next season.

I'll even go so far as to say(at the risk of getting crucified by UK fans) that the Harrison twins would have been better off in the long run going somewhere like Houston and jacking 20 shots a game.

Ultimately they sacrificed by coming to UK. Took a ton of criticism while they were here too. Despite going to back to back final fours and nearly achieving the dream 40-0 season.

Not always best to go play for a loaded team. Some guys need the ball in their hands. I really think Langford fits that description. He's a volume scoring lead guard.

The sadder thing is you root for a perennial 18-13 team and come here to talk about it.
You make it hard to like Kansas. And for me, that is hard. Always been a fan of the program. But comments like these? Just stupid, really. I mean could say..............Well you know. I mean, you guys have the same anount of titles as Villanova. And less than Uconn. Congrats on being a perennial choke artist. But hey, I won't say that..........Oh, wait.

Indiana will be back to prominence under Miller. No doubt. Romeo would be a great start. But if not, it doesn't change the course the program is on. NOW.........IF Miller misses on both TJD AND Brooks? Well I may start to worry a bit. But I don't think he does. MOF, I feel confident he gets one of the two. If not both. TO me, those are much bigger "gets" than Langford. The team got better as the year went on. Much better to be exact. We return almost everyone, and bring in a Top 20 class. Like I said----I like where we are headed.

With that being said--------I think Langfords a Hoosier come Monday.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
You make it hard to like Kansas. And for me, that is hard. Always been a fan of the program. But comments like these? Just stupid, really. I mean could say..............Well you know. I mean, you guys have the same anount of titles as Villanova. And less than Uconn. Congrats on being a perennial choke artist. But hey, I won't say that..........Oh, wait.

Indiana will be back to prominence under Miller. No doubt. Romeo would be a great start. But if not, it doesn't change the course the program is on. NOW.........IF Miller misses on both TJD AND Brooks? Well I may start to worry a bit. But I don't think he does. MOF, I feel confident he gets one of the two. If not both. TO me, those are much bigger "gets" than Langford. The team got better as the year went on. Much better to be exact. We return almost everyone, and bring in a Top 20 class. Like I said----I like where we are headed.

With that being said--------I think Langfords a Hoosier come Monday.
I was hitting back at another poster. Was that not obvious?

I don't dislike Kansas or Kentucky. Self and Calipari are great coaches. It's just the thought that Indiana can't be great again is asinine. They will be, regardless of if Romeo picks IU or not. That being said I think Romeo is coming to IU.

Again--------Why? What does Kansas and Self offer that IU and Miller does not? What, Self has gotten some guys to the league? Great. But how many SG's has he sent to the league, who's having success?

Xavier Henry? 6th overall player coming out of HS. Yeah he got drafted. What's he doing now? Yep----in the G-league.
McLemore is doing ok.

After that, who? You are acting as if Self has sent a butt load of SG's to the league. As if he has some type of track record of doing so.

He doesn't.

THere is absolutely no advantage for Langford by going to Kansas. Hell, one could argue there being a disadvantage. At KU he'll be battling Grimes, Dotson and Cal transfer for minutes. At IU? He'll be "batting" Durham and Green. Yeah.

you actually got that backwords
Romeo ruined his chances with UK/CAL
even his dad said that after the trip he contacted UK to set up a visit and Cal would not return his call

i agree with you on him not getting along with the Duke players and maybe not K
Yeah I dont know all the details but whichever way it went, clearly the team USA thing killed any chance of Langford ending up at UK. I still think he's been heading to an Adidas school regardless, didn't his dad get an Adidas sponsored AAU team like Bagley?

Again--------Why? What does Kansas and Self offer that IU and Miller does not? What, Self has gotten some guys to the league? Great. But how many SG's has he sent to the league, who's having success?

Xavier Henry? 6th overall player coming out of HS. Yeah he got drafted. What's he doing now? Yep----in the G-league.
McLemore is doing ok.

After that, who? You are acting as if Self has sent a butt load of SG's to the league. As if he has some type of track record of doing so.

He doesn't.

THere is absolutely no advantage for Langford by going to Kansas. Hell, one could argue there being a disadvantage. At KU he'll be battling Grimes, Dotson and Cal transfer for minutes. At IU? He'll be "batting" Durham and Green. Yeah.
Has Miller sent anyone to the NBA? Not being a dick, genuinely curious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT