ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo

So if Keion Brooks wants to go to IU, are IU fans going to show up to his announcement as much as Romeo's? What's the connection with Romeo that makes his commitment more special than another 5* potentially wanting to come to IU? Am I missing something?

I doubt he put this all together himself.

I'm sure some special party arranged for him to have a candy striped limo waiting outside for him. After he announces, the crowd will throw roses and camellias in his direction, and bow to him, chanting in his honor.

Or I wouldn't be shocked if that were to happen, at least.

I mean, who says this at a high school basketball player's announcement?

Reactions: SIhoosier26
He has an unreal amount of hype to live up to already. Now it will be impossible(probably was before this).

Tons of pressure on an 18-19 year old to deliver.

What are the expectations for next season IU fans?

Its Official.

Great work from Archie and the staff. No chance a year ago

IU is a CBB blue blood though. When a new coach takes over you can always sell the "be the one that brought us back" angle really well and to 18 year olds that's really appealing. Especially to a home state kid that's already a legend. They can sell him on being potentially being the most celebrated players in the program's history.

I called this 2 years ago when it looked obvious Crean wasn't going to last much longer.

Live look at Archie
Randy-ectoplasm.jpg

Could be the first step in IU regaining their blue blood status. Need to follow this up by getting the in state kids next year.
Still have win the actual games but it’s a big step in the right direction. There’s no “we’re back” until the Hoosiers start winning the games that matter.

There’s been an overall good feeling about Archie with or without Romeo... but this helps!

So disappointed in the lack of meltdowns. This thread is a 10 page cock tease.
If there’s one thing this board has taught me it’s dont listen to Indiana or Iowa fans when it comes to hyping up a player during the off-season.

I expect 22 wins out of Indiana next year.

Congrats on your big year in 2019, Hoosiers.

If there’s one thing this board has taught me it’s dont listen to Indiana or Iowa fans when it comes to hyping up a player during the off-season.

I expect 22 wins out of Indiana next year.

Congrats on your big year in 2019, Hoosiers.
5/10....Not yor best work.

By having 9 forwards and 3 guards?
SOme of these "forwards" have the ability to play the 2 or 3. Plus we have plenty of guards: Green, Durham, Phinisee, Anderson and now some kid named Langford. Look at Millers teams at Dayton. Seem to work there.

Reactions: HoosierAlice
Most High School kids don't consider going to IU unless they live in the state. There are no current high school players that remember IU being relevant in basketball in their lifetime. They would have to hear war stories about Bob Knight and the hoosiers from their grandfather. IU has gone the way of UCLA except that UCLA is still considered a blue blood.

Most High School kids don't consider going to IU unless they live in the state. There are no current high school players that remember IU being relevant in basketball in their lifetime. They would have to hear war stories about Bob Knight and the hoosiers from their grandfather. IU has gone the way of UCLA except that UCLA is still considered a blue blood.
So salty. Have you been crying all night?

Yea I don't even know how the IU basketball program even exists anymore, I would have ended it years ago, I mean what's the point. Things have fallen so far that we have to settle for the #6 player in the country and the number 7 class? Heck next year in Indiana the highest ranked kid is TJD at #22? O well I guess we will have to settle for him too. It really sucks.

Reactions: SNU0821
Yea I don't even know how the IU basketball program even exists anymore, I would have ended it years ago, I mean what's the point. Things have fallen so far that we have to settle for the #6 player in the country and the number 7 class? Heck next year in Indiana the highest ranked kid is TJD at #22? O well I guess we will have to settle for him too. It really sucks.
Nah. The world needs Indiana’s, Iowa’s and Alabama’s. How else would the elite schools get to 30 wins?

ADVERTISEMENT