ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo

Davis, green, hunter and race right now
Hunter never played a game, Race played 4 mins in 1game. C'mon
Green just went out the season already collapsed by then.
Davis is a career 6pt 3 rebound guy, who missed half of last year also.
Like I said I think the excuses are getting old. No offense

Davis, green, hunter and race right now
Technically Green isn't out with an injury....BUt the others are. Not to mention McRoberts. THough he did play some tonight.

I think the numer of missed games by starters/expected contributors is around 50 games..

Sure.....Eventually things work out. I'll take my chances with who we have coming back, and coming in. Lets wait and see where Brooks goes. And Watford. IU lands Vrooks, along with TJD, and return guys expected.....We can bet. Guess we can revisit this next August.

Or we could bet KU gets a really high seed.....and then loses in the 2nd round to some directional school?
I've got to help you here, borden... he's already said in this thread that you all never made a bet...he was just seeing if he could get you to go with it.

Sure.... they are 6 players short in practice, but it's no big deal. Any other team in America wouldn't have missed a step.

Technically Green isn't out with an injury....BUt the others are. Not to mention McRoberts. THough he did play some tonight.

I think the numer of missed games by starters/expected contributors is around 50 games..
Apparently it's no big deal and any other team wouldn't even miss a beat.

When you make a bet (irrelevant here) you accept all variables. If I bet the Cowboys would beat the Redskins before the game, because that's when bets are made, and they lost by 3 points after throwing five interceptions, I wouldn't be able to say that I would have won the bet had they not thrown 5 interceptions. What ifs have no place in bets.
I mean, you are an intelligent person. But goodness, this is an awful example. Its not like I'm saying----"I thought IU would be better if they didn't turn the ball over so, much". I mean, just a bd example. Plus, I never said I didn't expect him to "let me off the hook".

Just a terrible comparison.

I've got to help you here, borden... he's already said in this thread that you all never made a bet...he was just seeing if he could get you to go with it.
Oh, I know....Even before he admitted as much, I went back and checked.

This really shows ignorance....A ton of it.

Hunter was a Top 50 recruit. Probably starts at the "3". At worse, back up to Romeo. Very good shooter...Athletic. Good defender. He would have helped this team a ton.

Green isn't out NOW, because of an injury. He was out earlier in the year....When IU wasn't in the dumpster.

Davis was showing the abilities he had as a once Top 40 recruit. He was coming along really well; 10/5 @ Arkanasas....10/6 @ Duke. In limited minutes. Solid game vs UL, in 14 minutes----8/4. He was coming along. His size alone helped. It allowed Morgan to play the "4", instaed of the "5". Thats huge.

Race was a Top 80 recruit, with a year under his belt. He was expected to be a 10-12 minute guy. Nothing great...but it sure would be a lot better having him come in for Morgan, instead of Fitzner.

Shit didn't even mention losing Phinisee for 3 weeks to a concussion.

And lastly----the impact it has had on practice. That's huge. But hey, lets act as if all D1, P5 conference teams conduct practices with 7 guys,walk-on's and team mangers. Hell, that has no impact on progression.

Like I said----A lot of ignorance in your post. A LOT.

Reactions: jace4655555
I mean, you are an intelligent person. But goodness, this is an awful example. Its not like I'm saying----"I thought IU would be better if they didn't turn the ball over so, much". I mean, just a bd example. Plus, I never said I didn't expect him to "let me off the hook".

Just a terrible comparison.
Not really. Turnovers are just as much a reason for losing as injuries. Neither are excuses for losing bets.

Poor Borden, so dramatic about everything aren't you.
Green was out mid Nov 4 games, IU won 3 while he was out. IU is on a current 7 game losing streak, he has been out the last 3.
Whine and cry all you want about Hunter, he never played a game, hype him up all you want, he is unproven,
Thompson, played 4 mins in a IU uniform, unproven
Davis is injury prone, just a body
Phinisee has been back 5 games, you rode his injury in the ground. He missed 3 games, IU won 2 while he was out.
IU's 3 top scores has played in all 20 games, quit being so dramatic saying 50 games was lost. We get it, your team has injuries, move on.....smdh

I got and still get shit for Michigan missing the tournament in 2014/15 despite having more depletion problems than Indiana did. Some of that came from Indiana fans. I don't feel bad for the shit you guys are getting.
I don't for a second expect any fan of another team to feel bad for us. And I definitely don't mind giving us shit...were irrational fans here. But, I just think it shows lack of knowledge about the game to act like what their dealing with is just normal injury bug type of thing, or that it hasn't been that big of a deal. (Not meaning you here, it's more in general to everyone)

Poor Borden, so dramatic about everything aren't you.
Green was out mid Nov 4 games, IU won 3 while he was out. IU is on a current 7 game losing streak, he has been out the last 3.
Whine and cry all you want about Hunter, he never played a game, hype him up all you want, he is unproven,
Thompson, played 4 mins in a IU uniform, unproven
Davis is injury prone, just a body
Phinisee has been back 5 games, you rode his injury in the ground. He missed 3 games, IU won 2 while he was out.
IU's 3 top scores has played in all 20 games, quit being so dramatic saying 50 games was lost. We get it, your team has injuries, move on.....smdh
1st. Dear God I really hope you take a avatar bet because I think you're picture is the most disturbing one here lol. Everytime I see it, I keep trying to look at ut to see if it's a hot chick because of the hair lol.

About the other parts.... Hunter is definitely unproven, but common sense would lead most to believe that a top 50 recruit whose biggest skill was shooting would definitely be a big help to a team that desperately needs shooting.

Davis was most definitely more then just a body! Not only would he probably have averaged around 8 to 10 points a game, but it would have allowed Morgan to move to his natural 4 spot. He has gotten worn down playing the 5 again this year because he doesn't have the size to take the beating night after night.

Green is one of the most frustrating player I've seen in a long time. But, the one thing he does bring is the ability to drop 5 3s in a game. Now, he also has plenty of games that he makes stupid mistakes. But, the 13th man on the bench replacing him also makes those mistakes, but doesn't have the ability to do the positives green did.

Phinisee has been back I believe 5 games now...you are correct. However, I'm not sure if its just because of rust of not touching a ball, or being in a gym for 3 weeks, or struggling to come back mentally from a concussion....but it took him a very long time to play even remotely close to how well he was playing pre-injury. The past two games you could tell that he's finally starting to play somewhere near the level he was before.

Race Hunter is another fir the most part unproven player. The coaches will definitely have a pretty good idea of where is was at since he did redshirt last year. He was a top 80 player, so it's not like he was some scrub.

Here is what I believe our rotation was beginning of the year.
Morgan missed 0 games
Romeo missed 0 games
Smith missed 0 games
Phinisee missed 3 games +5 games after injury
Mcroberts missed 6 games
Davis missed 11 games
Hunter missed 21 games
Durham missed 5 games
Green missed 6 games
Race missed 20 games
Fitzner missed 0 games
Moore missed 3 games (but wouldn't have played)
Anderson Missed 0 games
Forester missed 3 games (wouldn't have played)

How can anyone look at this and if their being objective say that if something similar had happened to their team, if wouldn't have completely derailed their team also?

*All the 4 of green, Davis, hunter and Durham their spot in the rotation would have been determined more on the opponent then anything else. Also, I put this together really quick, so a player might be +/- a game or two.

1st. Dear God I really hope you take a avatar bet because I think you're picture is the most disturbing one here lol. Everytime I see it, I keep trying to look at ut to see if it's a hot chick because of the hair lol.

About the other parts.... Hunter is definitely unproven, but common sense would lead most to believe that a top 50 recruit whose biggest skill was shooting would definitely be a big help to a team that desperately needs shooting.

Davis was most definitely more then just a body! Not only would he probably have averaged around 8 to 10 points a game, but it would have allowed Morgan to move to his natural 4 spot. He has gotten worn down playing the 5 again this year because he doesn't have the size to take the beating night after night.

Green is one of the most frustrating player I've seen in a long time. But, the one thing he does bring is the ability to drop 5 3s in a game. Now, he also has plenty of games that he makes stupid mistakes. But, the 13th man on the bench replacing him also makes those mistakes, but doesn't have the ability to do the positives green did.

Phinisee has been back I believe 5 games now...you are correct. However, I'm not sure if its just because of rust of not touching a ball, or being in a gym for 3 weeks, or struggling to come back mentally from a concussion....but it took him a very long time to play even remotely close to how well he was playing pre-injury. The past two games you could tell that he's finally starting to play somewhere near the level he was before.

Race Hunter is another fir the most part unproven player. The coaches will definitely have a pretty good idea of where is was at since he did redshirt last year. He was a top 80 player, so it's not like he was some scrub.

Here is what I believe our rotation was beginning of the year.
Morgan missed 0 games
Romeo missed 0 games
Smith missed 0 games
Phinisee missed 3 games +5 games after injury
Mcroberts missed 6 games
Davis missed 11 games
Hunter missed 21 games
Durham missed 5 games
Green missed 6 games
Race missed 20 games
Fitzner missed 0 games
Moore missed 3 games (but wouldn't have played)
Anderson Missed 0 games
Forester missed 3 games (wouldn't have played)

How can anyone look at this and if their being objective say that if something similar had happened to their team, if wouldn't have completely derailed their team also?

*All the 4 of green, Davis, hunter and Durham their spot in the rotation would have been determined more on the opponent then anything else. Also, I put this together really quick, so a player might be +/- a game or two.
Good post and fair. Continuity definitely has had a effect on the Hoosiers. I had them Top 10-15 Preseason. I think Miller could have handled this differently and force the next guy to step up.

Reactions: jace4655555
Good post and fair. Continuity definitely has had a effect on the Hoosiers. I had them Top 10-15 Preseason. I think Miller could have handled this differently and force the next guy to step up.
I completely agree....I don't agree with all of his decisions that ended up playing out. I understand on the kids level why they maybe struggling to not check out. Most are 18 or 19 yrs old, and have never dealt with adversity like this in their lives. But, it's on the adult whose coaching them to figure out a way to prevent this from it happening.

Hunter was winning the gold jersey and getting tons of praise before his injury/condition was discovered. He would have been starting. Davis at 6/3 would have been a great backup 5 over the 0/2 guys that are coming off the bench. With that said the team is soft as shit and they give up at the smallest moment of adversity.

ADVERTISEMENT