ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo

I will bet you $200 right now that Indiana doesn’t finish in the top 4 next year.

Edit - unless you meant in the NCAA tournament. A 4 seed? Hmmm. I’ll bet you $50 they aren’t.

The funniest part about your attempt to ridicule me for not reading your entire post is that what’s above is the post you were responding to in the first place. I mean, did you not even, can you common sense, how does that not register, maybe you should be more careful, etc etc etc

lol
I read the post....Then you edited it. And again, this isn't saying a "Top 4 finish". As you proclaim i meant. Its insinuating a 4 seed. Not a Top 4 finish.,

Can you make up your god damn mind?

I read the post....Then you edited it. And again, this isn't saying a "Top 4 finish". As you proclaim i meant. Its insinuating a 4 seed. Not a Top 4 finish.,

Can you make up your god damn mind?
I edited it less than 30 seconds after I posted it. You had plenty of time to catch that.

I edited it less than 30 seconds after I posted it. You had plenty of time to catch that.
Catch what? YOu argued I said IU would finish in the Top4(in the country). YOu posted "Unless you are talking about the NCAAT": Which means you thought I wasn't. Then followed that with----Hmmmm, a 4-seed". Which doesn't fit your argument either. A 4 seed isn't a Top 4 finish. More like Top 16.

Seesh.

Catch what? YOu argued I said IU would finish in the Top4(in the country). YOu posted "Unless you are talking about the NCAAT": Which means you thought I wasn't. Then followed that with----Hmmmm, a 4-seed". Which doesn't fit your argument either. A 4 seed isn't a Top 4 finish. More like Top 16.

Seesh.
I’m going to bed. I know you and I bicker a bunch at times but you are probably my favorite poster on here and what the board needs most. I truly do mean that, no troll. But got damn man you gotta work on your spelling and grammar. Worse than me. Lol. Good night

So he'll go after the next best players.
Born and raised Indiana boys representing the state university is what IU basketball used to be about. The pride that comes from this is something a Kansas, Kentucky, Duke, etc fan has never and will never understand. Win or lose we will be proud that they went out and represented our state to the best of their abilities. I for one cannot wait for that feeling to be back. The comradery that this creates will be tough to beat.

Last edited:
Born and raised Indiana boys representing the state university is what IU basketball used to be about. The pride that comes from this is something a Kansas, Kentucky, Duke, etc fan has never and will never understand. Win or lose we will be proud that they went out and represented our state to the best of their abilities. I for one cannot wait for that feeling to be back. The comrade that this creates will be tough to beat.
??

Kentucky doesn't produce the state talent that Indiana does, North Carolina is a little better, but still not on Indiana's level. UK has had some Kentucky boys on some pretty good teams recently, one even won a title. I am happy that IU landed this recruit. Seriously, I don't like IU but college ball is better when you guys are competitive. That said, get out of here with that holier than thou crap.

??

Kentucky doesn't produce the state talent that Indiana does, North Carolina is a little better, but still not on Indiana's level. UK has had some Kentucky boys on some pretty good teams recently, one even won a title. I am happy that IU landed this recruit. Seriously, I don't like IU but college ball is better when you guys are competitive. That said, get out of here with that holier than thou crap.

Umm, I like the idea that the team is all Indiana kids and winning championships, but that narrative was never true. Yeah, I want to see better recruiting of the state than Tom Crean ended up with, but GTFO with that all Indiana kids legend. Get the best kids in Indiana because they're some of the best players in the country, if they aren't good enough to be competitive, then look elsewhere. That's Archie's inside/out recruiting approach. It is different than KU, UK, UNC in that there's a little more pride in having in-state kids on the squad, but it's still about winning championships at Indiana University, however that may be.

Umm, I like the idea that the team is all Indiana kids and winning championships, but that narrative was never true. Yeah, I want to see better recruiting of the state than Tom Crean ended up with, but GTFO with that all Indiana kids legend. Get the best kids in Indiana because they're some of the best players in the country, if they aren't good enough to be competitive, then look elsewhere. That's Archie's inside/out recruiting approach. It is different than KU, UK, UNC in that there's a little more pride in having in-state kids on the squad, but it's still about winning championships at Indiana University, however that may be.
I'm not sure if its more of a pride thing or more of a resources thing. Indiana produces great in state talent and has for a long time. Kentucky historically does not. If roles were reversed, Kentucky would have more in state kids on their team. Its about getting the best chance to win. Indiana can get elite players right in their backyard while UK for the most part cannot.

I'm not sure if its more of a pride thing or more of a resources thing. Indiana produces great in state talent and has for a long time. Kentucky historically does not. If roles were reversed, Kentucky would have more in state kids on their team. Its about getting the best chance to win. Indiana can get elite players right in their backyard while UK for the most part cannot.
I can agree with that.

Like with a voodoo doll?

Romeo needs more Shots!

giphy.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Most High School kids don't consider going to IU unless they live in the state. There are no current high school players that remember IU being relevant in basketball in their lifetime. They would have to hear war stories about Bob Knight and the hoosiers from their grandfather. IU has gone the way of UCLA except that UCLA is still considered a blue blood.
Vic says hi

Don't know... maybe we should ask the Robert Morris coach.

And yet we played Robert Morris again 2 years later and blew their doors off........ IU played Fort Wayne with a new team and a new coach.. at home and still got blown out badly... ... Poor IU.... living in a perpetual midlife crisis knowing you'll never have your glory days back.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
And yet we played Robert Morris again 2 years later and blew their doors off........ IU played Fort Wayne with a new team and a new coach.. at home and still got blown out badly... ... Poor IU.... living in a perpetual midlife crisis knowing you'll never have your glory days back.
You needed a week to come up with that? You can do better.

History is painful.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
There is literally no one rustled over IU landing one good player.

By the way.... why are IU fans so excited for a one and done player? I thought that was something you guys never wanted ever .... or do you guys finally admit you were just talking out of your asses just because you wanted to bash UK and Cal.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Nice bump...IU will get their second 5 star player in a couple months. Looking forward to the commotion then

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Hey we all can't make the NIT and lose the first round with how many 5 stars on your team?

I mean you had the following ranked players that year if you want to use a game or a season....

#2 - he was injured but you still sucked with him.
#40 - Hood
#40 Cauley-Stein
#148 Mays....

All that talent and you make the NIT and then lose to Robert Morris?

Man, you are an idiot.

IU had enough talent to make the tournament this past season.. how did that go?

There is literally no one rustled over IU landing one good player.

By the way.... why are IU fans so excited for a one and done player? I thought that was something you guys never wanted ever .... or do you guys finally admit you were just talking out of your asses just because you wanted to bash UK and Cal.
There is a difference in signing one or two, 5*'s. Opposed to building your program around it. See the difference?

Guess not. Borden went all Gilligan on me and wanted to make it about the top 4 teams in the Big 10. I’ll have no part of such a discussion or bet.
Not my fault your comprehension, and or ability to think sucks. Why would I bet IU, @ WORST, would make the FF? You know me. Have I ever went that homer, before? Nope. So next time, slow down and use some common sense. If you had, then you would'v rather, A) asked me if I meant the FF, or B), realized I was talking about conference play.
You made this a lot harder than what it should have been.

ADVERTISEMENT