ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo

I think IU will be better but still struggle to make the tourney.

I'm not as convinced on Miller.
With Langford, Morgan, and Smith they have enough talent to make the tourney, especially in a down Big Ten. If they don't that will be a bad sign, I think Archie is legit, but we will see.

Last edited:
Man, you got me. triggered to hell and back.

Congrats on your 5* recruit.

You seem to have decades of pent up energy. I could be wrong.

For fun, we could compare Calipari's first year at a blue blood compared to Millers first year.

Unless, you'd rather bring in another coach from another team. K has ties to IU but not really.

Stewing for 8 minutes and going back to edit your post does not help your 'I'm not triggered' case any.

Can't speak for an entire fan base but I don't want any part of that model. Re-stocking with OAD's every year is not a feasible way to win big unless you can cherry pick the top 5/top 10, and even then, it's unlikely. Ever since K decided to neuter Calipari, the results have been self evident. You can't win six games in March with a team of 2nd tier 5* freshmen. As long as K keeps his recruiting foot on Cal's throat, UK will keep losing to the Crean's and Weber's of the world in the tournament. That's the best they can do. Why would any blue blood want that?

As far as IU is concerned, Archie has six freshmen coming in next year and only one is a OAD. The foundation should be there for at least a four year run where they're just plugging 1-2 5*'s in per season to an already established roster. If he can recruit the state as well as he did this year, he should be able to maintain that blend of continuity and OAD talent every year.

At least that's what I'm hoping for..
Speaking the truth. When coach k got involved in the one and done game it was the worst thing for Uk and Cal.

Sugar coat as you like. ANd you are right----no one remembers a 6 seed losing. But they do remember:

2005: KU losing to 14 seed Bucknell as a 3(1st round)
2006: KU losing to 12 seed Bradley as a 4.(1st round)
2010: 1 seed KU losing to 9 seeded No. Iowa(2nd round)
2013: I seed KU blowing a huge lead vs 4 seed UM in SW 16
2014: 2nd seed KU losing to 10 seed Stanford(2nd round)
2015: 2 seed KU losing to 7 seeded WSU in 2nd round.

Four times this decade KU has failed to get past the 2nd round as a 1 or 2 seed. And that's not even counting the choke jobs under Williams. The 97 and 98 teams come to mind. 1997 KU was 34-2. Lost in the SW 16. 1998, 35-4, lost in second round. 1990 lost in second round as a 2 seed.

Probably a few more. I mean hey, It's what KU does.....:D

Note: Noting against my fellow KU fans on here. Especially my man Preston. But hey---it is what it is.

And yet I believe they still have the most tourney wins this millennium. Without the chokes, they'd be blowing everyone away. So, basically, you're knocking them for not blowing everyone away.

By the way...Indiana's lone high seed of the last 25 years choked. I mean...ONE in 25 years?

Note the sentence, "Since K neutered Calipari...". You're still living in Cal's glory days. Once K decided to he'd had enough, your luck kinda ran out.

Last 3 years both teams have won the exact same number of tournament games so... 2015 had nothing to do with Duke. If UK doesn't piss down their legs against Wisconsin maybe.
Duke has underachieved the last 3 years since becoming top dog. And their biggest rival won a title to boot in that stretch.

Last 3 years both teams have won the exact same number of tournament games so... 2015 had nothing to do with Duke. If UK doesn't piss down their legs against Wisconsin maybe.
Duke has underachieved the last 3 years since becoming top dog. And their biggest rival won a title to boot in that stretch.
Why you bringing up old shit?

Reactions: SNU0821
If it makes you feel better UK has literally had the same outcome as you guys the last 3 years just in different orders.
UK
2016- Second round
2017- Elite eight
2018- sweet sixteen

Duke
2016- sweet sixteen
2017- second round
2018- elite eight
But I was told that the OAD era has been successful.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Teague, MKG, Davis.

I'd like to take the Nova/UNC approach. Mainly 4 stars, sprinkle in a few five stars and see what happens.

We won't recruit like Duke/UK and that's fine.

There's a lot of coaches that recruit the same guys UK/Duke does, it's just Calipari and K are better at closing.

Teague, MKG, Davis.

I'd like to take the Nova/UNC approach. Mainly 4 stars, sprinkle in a few five stars and see what happens.

Yeah, I forgot about him. Either way Darius was first off the bench, the key is you have to have some experienced guys as well. While Cal did a great job with that team Davis was something special that year.

Teague, MKG, Davis.

Problem is Miller ain't the coach Jay Wright or especially Roy Williams is. And UNC has had a ton of 5 stars, they've just not been one and dones. You need a lot of talent, the more experienced the better. A guy like Davis is an outlier obviously.

Problem is Miller ain't the coach Jay Wright or especially Roy Williams is. And UNC has had a ton of 5 stars, they've just not been one and dones. You need a lot of talent, the more experienced the better. A guy like Davis is an outlier obviously.

Archie is 39 years old. Those guys weren't themselves at that age. Miller will continue to grow.

How'd Roy and jay do in their 30s?

Probably true. Duke is gonna get a good one in Miller when K decides to retire.

lN0jW.gif

Reactions: Hoosier in Mad Town
Real talk. Do you think Indiana is as good of a job as Duke? Personally I think Duke is way more prestigious but I could see the argument for Indiana.

Yes. The program is the second most valuable in the country and has every resource you need. In-state recruiting, a massive budget, a great fanbase and now finally an administration/athletic department who wants to act like a top program.

Yes. The program is the second most valuable in the country and has every resource you need. In-state recruiting, a massive budget, a great fanbase and now finally an administration/athletic department who wants to act like a top program.
Not to mention coach K would be a nightmare to have to follow.

Reactions: HoosierAlice
Sure but they lack the name and history.

How would you rank the top 5 jobs?

1) Kentucky
2) North Carolina
3) Kansas (maybe biased to be this high but it’s certainly in the top 5)
4) Duke
5) Probably 3-5 programs have an argument, including Indiana

Sure but they lack the name and history.

How would you rank the top 5 jobs?

1) Kentucky
2) North Carolina
3) Kansas (maybe biased to be this high but it’s certainly in the top 5)
4) Duke
5) Probably 3-5 programs have an argument, including Indiana

History? 5 NCAA titles doesn't scream a lack of history.

Recent history? sure

I don't think you can understate the amount of great players that come out of the state and the early in-roads the head coach at Indiana can have with those recruits. Archie pulling the top 3 recruits from the state in his first class is a great start. One being a top 5 player in the country they had absolutely no chance with under Crean.

Good one.

So you don't think Miller will go after more higher ranked players?

Will he reach out like K, Cal, Self, and Williams?

Will IU go toe to toe with Duke, Kentucky, KU, UNC for recruits?
Sure he will. He is as of now; Warford, Hurt, etc, etc...Went after Garland. BUT.......I do not think he we build his recruiting around the OAD as K and Cal have done. I think his approach is going to be recruiting the state very hard. WHich he has shown; 3 of the Top 5 Mr. BBall finalist are going to be Hoosiers next year. He's recruiting TJD and Brooks very hard. Both will be strong Mr. BBall candidates next year. After that, go outside of the state. Which again, is what he is doing.

In other words, I do not think Millers model will revolve around the OAD.

ADVERTISEMENT