ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo

Sure he will. He is as of now; Warford, Hurt, etc, etc...Went after Garland. BUT.......I do not think he we build his recruiting around the OAD as K and Cal have done. I think his approach is going to be recruiting the state very hard. WHich he has shown; 3 of the Top 5 Mr. BBall finalist are going to be Hoosiers next year. He's recruiting TJD and Brooks very hard. Both will be strong Mr. BBall candidates next year. After that, go outside of the state. Which again, is what he is doing.

In other words, I do not think Millers model will revolve around the OAD.
So he'll go after the next best players.

I think IU will be better but still struggle to make the tourney.

I'm not as convinced on Miller.
C'mon, man. Did you not see the vast improvement of last years team? A team with NO PG...NO center...NO bench...NO shooters. Yet IU took MSU, OSU, Duke, UL and Purdue to the wire, and easily could've won those games. Lost his starting center. Lost another kid to a transfer. Had to start a walk-on. Yet went .500 in the conference. IU was absolute awful defensively in Nov/Dec; smewhere around 150th. Finished 65th.

Now these guys have a year under their belts. Bring in a pretty good class with Langford, Hunter, Phinisee, Anderson...All filling needs IU did not have: PG, Shooters, and a kid who can score in the paint. And with Langford, you have a kid who can flat out score. Get you a bucket when needed. Then Morgan. Potential BTPOY. Then Justin SMith. A kid who played really well at times as a freshman. HUnter is going to be an impact player as a frosh.

I'd be willing to bet whatever you'd like that IU doesn't struggle to make the tourney. MOF I wll go on record to say I think they will push for a Top 4 finish. If not better,. Indiana, especially if Morgan returns, has a chance ro be really good.

So he'll go after the next best players.
I guess. You'll have to ask Archie that. Quit reaching man. There's a difference in recruiting a OAD or two, opposed to basing your entire recruiting philosophy around the OAD. But you know this.

C'mon, man. Did you not see the vast improvement of last years team? A team with NO PG...NO center...NO bench...NO shooters. Yet IU took MSU, OSU, Duke, UL and Purdue to the wire, and easily could've won those games. Lost his starting center. Lost another kid to a transfer. Had to start a walk-on. Yet went .500 in the conference. IU was absolute awful defensively in Nov/Dec; smewhere around 150th. Finished 65th.

Now these guys have a year under their belts. Bring in a pretty good class with Langford, Hunter, Phinisee, Anderson...All filling needs IU did not have: PG, Shooters, and a kid who can score in the paint. And with Langford, you have a kid who can flat out score. Get you a bucket when needed. Then Morgan. Potential BTPOY. Then Justin SMith. A kid who played really well at times as a freshman. HUnter is going to be an impact player as a frosh.

I'd be willing to bet whatever you'd like that IU doesn't struggle to make the tourney. MOF I wll go on record to say I think they will push for a Top 4 finish. If not better,. Indiana, especially if Morgan returns, has a chance ro be really good.
I will bet you $200 right now that Indiana doesn’t finish in the top 4 next year.

Edit - unless you meant in the NCAA tournament. A 4 seed? Hmmm. I’ll bet you $50 they aren’t.

I will bet you $200 right now that Indiana doesn’t finish in the top 4 next year.

Edit - unless you meant in the NCAA tournament. A 4 seed? Hmmm. I’ll bet you $50 they aren’t.
I'll push it to $500. Only thing, if Morgan doesn't return, bet is off. Guys like Phinisee, Anderson and Hunter are a lot better than what you think. Hunters a Top 50 guy, who will be an imapct player as a fresh. Phinisee is a true PG who's really going to fit Millers system. Anderson can flat out shoot the basketball. If not for Langford, one of those two(Phinisee/Anderson). win Mr. Basketball. Justin SMith is a star in the making. And of course, there's Langford. Probably the best scoring guard in this years class. Green showed flashes. Kid is very talented. If Miller can reign him in----and he seemed to as the year went on, he could be really good. THen there is Davis. If he's healthy, that's a huge positive.

Line-up of

Green/Phinisee
Langford
Smith
Morgan
Hunter/Davis

Is a really good core.

Plus, outside of MSU, UM ...maybe MD...Whi in your opinion is that much better? Purdue....PSU? OSU?

I will gladly take this bet. Very gladly.

I'll push it to $500. Only thing, if Morgan doesn't return, bet is off. Guys like Phinisee, Anderson and Hunter are a lot better than what you think. Hunters a Top 50 guy, who will be an imapct player as a fresh. Phinisee is a true PG who's really going to fit Millers system. Anderson can flat out shoot the basketball. If not for Langford, one of those two(Phinisee/Anderson). win Mr. Basketball. Justin SMith is a star in the making. And of course, there's Langford. Probably the best scoring guard in this years class. Green showed flashes. Kid is very talented. If Miller can reign him in----and he seemed to as the year went on, he could be really good. THen there is Davis. If he's healthy, that's a huge positive.

Line-up of

Green/Phinisee
Langford
Smith
Morgan
Hunter/Davis

Is a really good core.

Plus, outside of MSU, UM ...maybe MD...Whi in your opinion is that much better? Purdue....PSU? OSU?

I know literally nothing about your team but I will take your $500 bet that they do not finish in the top 4 next year.

giphy.gif

Line-up of

Green/Phinisee
Langford
Smith
Morgan
Hunter/Davis

Is a really good core.

I know literally nothing about your team but I will take your $500 bet that they do not finish in the top 4 next year.
@lurkeraspect84 you wanna be the witness here?

Wait, not finish in the top 4 in the Big10? Thats the bet? Hell, they were 6th last year.
Nobody said anything about the Big 10. Borden responded to Montana’s post about him seeing them struggle to make the tourney. Borden said a bunch of words that ended with him confident that Indiana won’t struggle and then said he felt they’d finish in the top 4. I took him up on that bet. I think he meant a 4 seed or better but he didn’t specify and he didn’t address it in my post. My bet with him is top 4 in the country.

Wait, not finish in the top 4 in the Big10? Thats the bet? Hell, they were 6th last year.
Not too mention while the Big Ten sucked last year you could argue it's getting even worse next year outside of IU and maybe a few others. That being said I don't take anything Schoonerwest says seriously, I think he's just trolling as he has been for most of this thread.

Not too mention while the Big Ten sucked last year you could argue it's getting even worse next year outside of IU and maybe a few others. That being said I don't take anything Schoonerwest says seriously, I think he's just trolling as he has been for most of this thread.
I am a man of my word with bets on this board. I also happen to be undefeated so far in my time here. 4-0. I’m due for a loss but this one is cake if he meant top 4 in the country.

Nobody said anything about the Big 10. Borden responded to Montana’s post about him seeing them struggle to make the tourney. Borden said a bunch of words that ended with him confident that Indiana won’t struggle and then said he felt they’d finish in the top 4. I took him up on that bet. I think he meant a 4 seed or better but he didn’t specify and he didn’t address it in my post. My bet with him is top 4 in the country.
I think IU will be in the tourney but a lot of fan's expectations have went a bit overboard. I could see top 4ish in a down Big Ten, maybe a little better or worse with sweet 16 being the ceiling. The team still has weaknesses that will be hard to overcome without some young guys outperforming their expectations. (Point guard, youth, shooting)

I think IU will be in the tourney but a lot of fan's expectations have went a bit overboard. I could see top 4ish in a down Big Ten, maybe a little better or worse with sweet 16 being the ceiling. The team still has weaknesses that will be hard to overcome without some young guys outperforming their expectations. (Point guard, youth, shooting)
Yeah, I’m not betting top 4 seed or any big 10 finish. Maybe top 4 seed just for fun but not $500. $50 sounds better.

Terrific. I need some new baseball gear. Feels good knowing you'll be buying it for me. See thing is , I've seen Phinisee, Anderson, Hunter and obviously Langford play. Those four are really good. Phinisee is a very, very good PG. Great IQ. Takes care of the ball. Makes great decisions....and can score. In the state final game vs New Albany, he was easily the 2nd best player on the floor. This kid is underrated. He will fit Millers system and demands to a "T". Anderson can score. And shoot it. Strong kid. Good revounder. And can defend. He's a Devonte Green with a brain. Hunter is a monster. Very versatile. Can play the two. Can get to the rim. Explosive. Sneaky athletic. He can shoot the three. He's going to be a tough, tough guard.

And of course, Langford. Great scorer. Can scpre in a multitude of ways. Just an elite scorer. What is overlooked is his ability to rebound. Not only was he New Albany's all-time leading scorer, bit also their all-time leading rebounder. Also he's overlooked defensively. At 6'6", he has a wing span of 6'11". And of course, well he is the 6th ranked player in the country.

And that's just the freshman. Which by the way, is ranked 2nd in the Big 10.

Now throw in Juwan Morgan. Potential BTPOY . If he develops a consistent jump shot, he becomes lethal. THen Justin Smith. Kid has star written all over him. At times last year, he was the best player on the floor. And he's just a sophomore, who gets better each time he steps on the floor. McRoberts is just "that" guy. He makes winning plays. Doesn't make stupid mistakes. Just a solid player. And a great defender. Green is the wild card. The "good" Green is really good. Bad Green? Ewwww. I feel confident Archie can reign him in. IF he does, oh, boy. Then there is CLifron Moore. A 4* who struggle to adjust to college game. But man is the talent there. A kid who is being forgotten about is Race Thompson. For a guy his size, he can handle the ball. A capable shooter. Very athletic.

Oh, and the most important part: Archie Miller can flat out coach.

Looking forward to getting that new eqipment for free.

Terrific. I need some new baseball gear. Feels good knowing you'll be buying it for me. See thing is , I've seen Phinisee, Anderson, Hunter and obviously Langford play. Those four are really good. Phinisee is a very, very good PG. Great IQ. Takes care of the ball. Makes great decisions....and can score. In the state final game vs New Albany, he was easily the 2nd best player on the floor. This kid is underrated. He will fit Millers system and demands to a "T". Anderson can score. And shoot it. Strong kid. Good revounder. And can defend. He's a Devonte Green with a brain. Hunter is a monster. Very versatile. Can play the two. Can get to the rim. Explosive. Sneaky athletic. He can shoot the three. He's going to be a tough, tough guard.

And of course, Langford. Great scorer. Can scpre in a multitude of ways. Just an elite scorer. What is overlooked is his ability to rebound. Not only was he New Albany's all-time leading scorer, bit also their all-time leading rebounder. Also he's overlooked defensively. At 6'6", he has a wing span of 6'11". And of course, well he is the 6th ranked player in the country.

And that's just the freshman. Which by the way, is ranked 2nd in the Big 10.

Now throw in Juwan Morgan. Potential BTPOY . If he develops a consistent jump shot, he becomes lethal. THen Justin Smith. Kid has star written all over him. At times last year, he was the best player on the floor. And he's just a sophomore, who gets better each time he steps on the floor. McRoberts is just "that" guy. He makes winning plays. Doesn't make stupid mistakes. Just a solid player. And a great defender. Green is the wild card. The "good" Green is really good. Bad Green? Ewwww. I feel confident Archie can reign him in. IF he does, oh, boy. Then there is CLifron Moore. A 4* who struggle to adjust to college game. But man is the talent there. A kid who is being forgotten about is Race Thompson. For a guy his size, he can handle the ball. A capable shooter. Very athletic.

Oh, and the most important part: Archie Miller can flat out coach.

Looking forward to getting that new eqipment for free.
Do you know what you’re agreeing to? We aren’t talking about the Big 10. Lol. Not once was it brought up.

And Duke is a better job than Indiana.

Ask @tw3301 or @LetsGoDuke301
lol I never said it wasn't. You won't see me get too cocky until Indiana starts winning again on a regular basis. (and I think they will) Some fans need to realize other teams have good recruiting classes/players. So while I'm excited about the talent coming in, I'm at a wait and see approach until Indiana starts winning regularly again.

Reactions: schoonerwest
What? My entire post was about the Big 10. Both were. I specifically asked who was better(in the Big 10) outside of MSU, UM, MD, etc...Then said they wouldn't struggle to make the tourney, and said I'd go n record that they would PUSH Top 4 finish; In other words, not a struggle to make the tourney. NOW....If you think I was talking about 4th in the country, don't you think I would have said "Final Four", instead of Top 4 finish?

Didn't realize I needed to spell it out. NO....I do not think IU will be a FF team. But I do think they can certainly make a ush for a Top 4 finish.

Do you know what you’re agreeing to? We aren’t talking about the Big 10. Lol. Not once was it brought up.
My entire post was about the Big 10. Go back an reread . If I was talking about a Top 4 finish in the NCAAT, I would have said "FInal FOur team". Hence why I asked who was better (in the Big 10) outside of MSU, UM and possibly MD.

I love IU. But I ain't that stupid; or that big of a homer.

What? My entire post was about the Big 10. Both were. I specifically asked who was better(in the Big 10) outside of MSU, UM, MD, etc...Then said they wouldn't struggle to make the tourney, and said I'd go n record that they would PUSH Top 4 finish; In other words, not a struggle to make the tourney. NOW....If you think I was talking about 4th in the country, don't you think I would have said "Final Four", instead of Top 4 finish?

Didn't realize I needed to spell it out. NO....I do not think IU will be a FF team. But I do think they can certainly make a ush for a Top 4 finish.
I’m sorry. I didn’t realize describing your starting lineup for 8 paragraphs followed by a short blurb about other Big 10 teams qualifies as being an entire post about the Big 10 conference.

My entire post was about the Big 10. Go back an reread . If I was talking about a Top 4 finish in the NCAAT, I would have said "FInal FOur team". Hence why I asked who was better (in the Big 10) outside of MSU, UM and possibly MD.

I love IU. But I ain't that stupid; or that big of a homer.
Well do you want to do a $50 bet on them being a top 4 seed in the NCAA tournament? If you think they’re top 4 in the Big 10 then that would make it a decent bet.

lol I never said it wasn't. You won't see me get too cocky until Indiana starts winning again on a regular basis. (and I think they will) Some fans need to realize other teams have good recruiting classes/players. So while I'm excited about the talent coming in, I'm at a wait and see approach until Indiana starts winning regularly again.
He's just trolling man. Burns his ass that Romeo went to IU. Indiana is as good of a job as any. Winning is great. But it doesn't define how good of a job a place is. Is Villanova a better job than Kentucky? What about UConn? To me what defines a good job is does said job offer you the needs to win. Fan support, money, facilities, tradition, etc, etc..You cannot name 5 schools that offer anything better than IU. Money is there. Tradition is there. Fan base. Facilities. Major conference. Great brand. And a fertile recruiting base,. Maybe as good as any for a state of Indiana's size. Folks down grade the job b/c of IU's struggles. What they do not understand is those struggles aren't due to IU not having the resources to compete. It's duet o multiple bad hires. That has been fixed.

To me the Top 5 jobs are(in no order) Kansas, Duke, Indiana, UK and UNC. I do not think there are any other schools that can check off all the advantages that those 5 offer. Maybe Louisville.

Well do you want to do a $50 bet on them being a top 4 seed in the NCAA tournament? If you think they’re top 4 in the Big 10 then that would make it a decent bet.
Nope. Top 4 in the conference. Big 10 will be a bit down. IU won the damn conference 2 years ago, and was a 5 seed.

I'll push it to $500.

Maybe this was an indicator I was talking about the Big 10?

It's Borden. Next thing you know he'll be calling Will Sheehey a 16ppg scorer.

SmokinSmile

@jamo0001
I mean Hail, I specifically asked--------"Who do you thiink is better outside of MSU, UM....possibly Maryland". Then said I would gladly take the bet. I mean, seems to me that's a pretty good indication I was talking about the Big 10. But hey, that;s just me. COuld be wrong.

Oh you mean the very last thing you said that barely made any sense?
BArely made sense? Maybe it barely made sense because you can't ****ing read? Again, If I meant Top 4 in the country, don't you think I would have said, "I', going on record that IU will push to be a Final Four team"? Not a "top 4 finish"? Jesus dude. Common sense is free.

He's just trolling man. Burns his ass that Romeo went to IU. Indiana is as good of a job as any. Winning is great. But it doesn't define how good of a job a place is. Is Villanova a better job than Kentucky? What about UConn? To me what defines a good job is does said job offer you the needs to win. Fan support, money, facilities, tradition, etc, etc..You cannot name 5 schools that offer anything better than IU. Money is there. Tradition is there. Fan base. Facilities. Major conference. Great brand. And a fertile recruiting base,. Maybe as good as any for a state of Indiana's size. Folks down grade the job b/c of IU's struggles. What they do not understand is those struggles aren't due to IU not having the resources to compete. It's duet o multiple bad hires. That has been fixed.

To me the Top 5 jobs are(in no order) Kansas, Duke, Indiana, UK and UNC. I do not think there are any other schools that can check off all the advantages that those 5 offer. Maybe Louisville.
I agree I think IU a top 5 job, but he wasn't disputing that. He was just saying that right now Duke is a better job, and in terms of perception based on our barely above average recent history I can't disagree. IU has every advantage to being a great job. I'm excited about the class coming in as well, that being said until they show it on the court we don't have a lot of room to talk, I think we will at some point, but not yet.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I mean Hail, I specifically asked--------"Who do you thiink is better outside of MSU, UM....possibly Maryland". Then said I would gladly take the bet. I mean, seems to me that's a pretty good indication I was talking about the Big 10. But hey, that;s just me. COuld be wrong.
I’d be willing to bet whatever you'd like that IU doesn't struggle to make the tourney. MOF I wll go on record to say I think they will push for a Top 4 finish. If not better,. Indiana, especially if Morgan returns, has a chance ro be really good.

This was after you described Indiana’s team for 2 paragraphs in response to Montana saying he didn’t see it in Miller. How am I supposed to know you’re talking about the Big 10 when you’re responding to a guy saying he thinks you’ll struggle next year to make the tourney and just before you say they’ll push for the top 4 you actually say yourself that you don’t believe Indiana struggles to make the tournament.

BArely made sense? Maybe it barely made sense because you can't ****ing read? Again, If I meant Top 4 in the country, don't you think I would have said, "I', going on record that IU will push to be a Final Four team"? Not a "top 4 finish"? Jesus dude. Common sense is free.
Don’t forget who offered the bet and what he read that he was basing the offer on. Just because you assume that people always know what you’re talking about doesn’t mean we always do.

I’d be willing to bet whatever you'd like that IU doesn't struggle to make the tourney. MOF I wll go on record to say I think they will push for a Top 4 finish. If not better,. Indiana, especially if Morgan returns, has a chance ro be really good.

This was after you described Indiana’s team for 2 paragraphs in response to Montana saying he didn’t see it in Miller. How am I supposed to know you’re talking about the Big 10 when you’re responding to a guy saying he thinks you’ll struggle next year to make the tourney and just before you say they’ll push for the top 4 you actually say yourself that you don’t believe Indiana struggles to make the tournament.
LMAO....Ok, you got me. Instead of saying, "I don't think IU will struggle to make the tourney. MOF, I think they'll push to be a Final Four team". I opted for the confusion version, and went with, "Top 4 finish". ANd eyt you still argue this even though in my respnse TO You, I sepcifiaclly asked who you thought was better(in the BIG ****ING 10). Now, one would think after seeing that, that a big ass light buld would have went off in your head, and you would've been like---Ohhhhhhm he was talking about the Big 10.

Guess your light is broken.

Reactions: schoonerwest
LMAO....Ok, you got me. Instead of saying, "I don't think IU will struggle to make the tourney. MOF, I think they'll push to be a Final Four team". I opted for the confusion version, and went with, "Top 4 finish". ANd eyt you still argue this even though in my respnse TO You, I sepcifiaclly asked who you thought was better(in the BIG ****ING 10). Now, one would think after seeing that, that a big ass light buld would have went off in your head, and you would've been like---Ohhhhhhm he was talking about the Big 10.

Guess your light is broken.
Nope. I saw you up the bet and accepted on the spot. No need to read what else you had to say, especially when you started describing the Indiana players.

Don’t forget who offered the bet and what he read that he was basing the offer on. Just because you assume that people always know what you’re talking about doesn’t mean we always do.
Well maybe you should have read my response to YOU a tad more careful. Because in that response, I specifically asked who you thought was better(In the Big 10). Then said i'd happily accept the bet.

How does that not register?

Nope. I saw you up the bet and accepted on the spot. No need to read what else you had to say, especially when you started describing the Indiana players.
LOL...No reason to read the entire post? I expect that though from a KU fan. You guys seemingly don't see the need to finish the NCAAT year after year, either. YOu just Leave early. See what happens when you do that---------You miss the most important parts.

Ok Princess SChooner. Real easy this time. I bet $100 bucks IU finishes in the Top 4---OF THE BIG 10 CONFERENCE. NOT.........I repeat, NOT, in the NATION.

That easier?

Well maybe you should have read my response to YOU a tad more careful. Because in that response, I specifically asked who you thought was better(In the Big 10). Then said i'd happily accept the bet.

How does that not register?
LOL...No reason to read the entire post? I expect that though from a KU fan. You guys seemingly don't see the need to finish the NCAAT year after year, either. YOu just Leave early. See what happens when you do that---------You miss the most important parts.

The funniest part about your attempt to ridicule me for not reading your entire post is that what’s above is the post you were responding to in the first place. I mean, did you not even, can you common sense, how does that not register, maybe you should be more careful, etc etc etc

lol

Ok Princess SChooner. Real easy this time. I bet $100 bucks IU finishes in the Top 4---OF THE BIG 10 CONFERENCE. NOT.........I repeat, NOT, in the NATION.

That easier?
Oh I understand it. I already said I wouldn’t touch a Big 10 bet. I know nothing about that conference.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT