ADVERTISEMENT

Rick Barnes....

He has a team full of wings and ONE post that got knocked out of the tournament. He will have a true point guard next season tho.

Barnes has never been great in the tournament. I think he may be coaching my team tonight tbh.

Lots of Disappointed Tennessee fans today. This particular Tennessee team was proclaimed to be the best Tennessee team ever with the best coach Tennessee has ever had. Has to hurt thinking this is your best chance at a Final 4 in program history only to get knocked out in the first round. The game wasn’t even close.

Yea as far as Barnes he never won anything at Texas so I never got the whole “great coach” talk from UT fans. I do think he’s a good coach but great doesn’t fit with him.

He brings energy into the program
Reason why he is a great coach.

On Tennessee who they want to be. Could bring some future NBA players who the next coach can use to recruit.

But I don't think they should be demanding Final 4s and NC....

That is the next level. Can't jumped steps.

I always forget that he coached in the ACC back in the day, never understood how he pulled the Texas gig

Rick Barnes gets a lot of shit but he's always been fairly successful, no matter where he's gone.
It's jealousy, we got a UK fan in the thread throwing shade when his highest paid coach set a UK 100 year record for bad. If we should feel bad, how bad should UK fans feel?:oops:

It's jealousy, we got a UK fan in the thread throwing shade when his highest paid coach set a UK 100 year record for bad. If we should feel bad, how bad should UK fans feel?:oops:

I read through the thread and I didn’t see any UK fans throwing shade Deller. Who and why would anybody be jealous of UT? UT couldn’t win the SEC regular season nor the SEC tourney and got beat in the first round of the NCAA. As far as UK goes, we had a bad year, doesn’t happen very often so I can live with it given what the circumstances were but also keep in mind that as bad as this Kentucky team was they handled your Vols pretty easily on your home floor!

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I read through the thread and I didn’t see any UK fans throwing shade Deller. Who and why would anybody be jealous of UT? UT couldn’t win the SEC regular season nor the SEC tourney and got beat in the first round of the NCAA. As far as UK goes, we had a bad year, doesn’t happen very often so I can live with it given what the circumstances were but also keep in mind that as bad as this Kentucky team was they handled your Vols pretty easily on your home floor!
You were throwing it Scooter. We kinda own Rupp don't we? That use to be a thing, didn't it? But, maybe you're right, it's not special if everyone does it.

UK had a bad year? Is that what you call a worse year in the history of your program? Anything you dig at UT about this year is not nearly as bad as what UK did. You do get that, right? Y'all lost to mid majors, had a losing season, squandered a #1 class in the country and paid the most money in the country to perform the worst in the nation.

Why would you quote my UK response when I gave a Pearl reponse? Has the cheating thing finally struck home with you?

You were throwing it Scooter. We kinda own Rupp don't we? That use to be a thing, didn't it? But, maybe you're right, it's not special if everyone does it.

UK had a bad year? Is that what you call a worse year in the history of your program? Anything you dig at UT about this year is not nearly as bad as what UK did. You do get that, right? Y'all lost to mid majors, had a losing season, squandered a #1 class in the country and paid the most money in the country to perform the worst in the nation.

I was throwing shade? I just gave my opinion most of which was true. Maybe you’re just on edge because of what happened today.

You own Rupp? The last time UK and UT played UK won so why are you saying you own Rupp?

I’ve said more than One time that this is the worst UK basketball season I have ever seen in my life so I don’t get your point on that. What’s really sad is this is the worst UK team since the 1920s and they still took UT to the woodshed on their home floor.

I was throwing shade? I just gave my opinion most of which was true. Maybe you’re just on edge because of what happened today.

You own Rupp? The last time UK and UT played UK won so why are you saying you own Rupp?

I’ve said more than One time that this is the worst UK basketball season I have ever seen in my life so I don’t get your point on that. What’s really sad is this is the worst UK team since the 1920s and they still took UT to the woodshed on their home floor.
Are you not familiar with Rupp? Has this year shaken you up that badly? 😊

The point you don't seem to get is the fact when you put UT's 20-21 season down, it is not nearly as bad as UK's. As a matter of fact it wasn't bad at all. UT had a winning season.

This thread is about postseason success.

Rick Barnes has more losses in the 1st Round of the CBI than trips to the Elite Eight or farther in the last decade+.

Not that hard to see why UK fans wouldn't be jealous despite being "owned" by Tennessee with an insurmountable 6-8 record since you hired Rick Barnes.

There are ALWAYS excuses made for Barnes. He’s a good recruiter, average coach.

There are ALWAYS excuses made for Barnes. He’s a good recruiter, average coach.

Yeah, and if Shaka Smart is half as good at recruiting as Rick Barnes, Texas Longhorns would have been a perennial contender considering how much better Smart is at coaching. Frank Martin at USC gamecocks suffers the same problem, a competent coach but terrible at recruiting. Sometimes I wonder whether coaching or recruiting is more important in college basketball. Seems good coaching doesn’t matter when the team just lacks talent due to failure at recruiting.

Yeah, and if Shaka Smart is half as good at recruiting as Rick Barnes, Texas Longhorns would have been a perennial contender considering how much better Smart is at coaching. Frank Martin at USC gamecocks suffers the same problem, a competent coach but terrible at recruiting. Sometimes I wonder whether coaching or recruiting is more important in college basketball. Seems good coaching doesn’t matter when the team just lacks talent due to failure at recruiting.

Do you know what recruiting is?

This thread is about postseason success.

Rick Barnes has more losses in the 1st Round of the CBI than trips to the Elite Eight or farther in the last decade+.

Not that hard to see why UK fans wouldn't be jealous despite being "owned" by Tennessee with an insurmountable 6-8 record since you hired Rick Barnes.
If this thread is about postseason success what are you Cats doing here? Cal appears to be working his way down the ladder of success instead of up it?

Barnes took a rebuild job at UT against an established Cal at UK and has a head to head advantage. But you brought that up, not me.

Are you not familiar with Rupp? Has this year shaken you up that badly? 😊

The point you don't seem to get is the fact when you put UT's 20-21 season down, it is not nearly as bad as UK's. As a matter of fact it wasn't bad at all. UT had a winning season.

Dodging again I see! I didn’t ask who Rupp is I ask what UT owning Rupp had to do with anything and you dodged my question again like you will this time. You can’t answer it!

You’re wrong! This UK team was historically bad and this was supposed to have been one of Tennessee’s best teams ever yet we still beat you on your home floor. It’s not really hard to get it’s just like with everything else you’re trying to dodge questions and ignore the fact that your coach under performed with the best team your schools ever had. Our team was bad and we admit that. Let me ask one more time, what does UT owning UK at Rupp have anything to do with this? Last time I checked what teams did in the past doesn’t matter and now all of a sudden you’re wanting to talk about Tennessee beating UK at Rupp in the past couple years so I will say this, look at the series lead record!😎

Good coach that wins wherever he goes. He took Texas to the Final Four and had several elite 8 seasons. Upsets happen in March. That is the whole appeal.

If this thread is about postseason success what are you Cats doing here? Cal appears to be working his way down the ladder of success instead of up it?

Barnes took a rebuild job at UT against an established Cal at UK and has a head to head advantage. But you brought that up, not me.

You could consider reading the OP, that would answer most of your questions. As for why we're here... it's a college basketball discussion forum? This thread was going fine until you showed up.

I don't care about any individual H2H. Since you seem to care so much, let's see who has been better, Calipari or Barnes, since 2015.

Record
Calipari: 149-55 (73%)
Barnes: 123-72 (63%)

SEC Regular Season Titles
Calipari: 3
Barnes: 1

SEC Tournament Titles
Barnes: 0

Sweet 16 or better

Barnes has been to the Sweet 16 or beyond once since 2008. Calipari has done that nine times in the same time frame, including a title and four Final Four appearances, and the only time Barnes made it as far as the Sweet 16 in that time, Calipari one-upped him by making the Elite Eight in that season.

Face it - Barnes just isn't a good postseason coach. Even in Calipari's so-called decline he mops the floor with Barnes.

Keep your H2H edge. I'll give that to any team to have more overall success than them.

You could consider reading the OP, that would answer most of your questions. As for why we're here... it's a college basketball discussion forum? This thread was going fine until you showed up.

I don't care about any individual H2H. Since you seem to care so much, let's see who has been better, Calipari or Barnes, since 2015.

Record

SEC Tournament Titles

Sweet 16 or better

Barnes has been to the Sweet 16 or beyond once since 2008. Calipari has done that nine times in the same time frame, including a title and four Final Four appearances, and the only time Barnes made it as far as the Sweet 16 in that time, Calipari one-upped him by making the Elite Eight in that season.

Face it - Barnes just isn't a good postseason coach. Even in Calipari's so-called decline he mops the floor with Barnes.

Keep your H2H edge. I'll give that to any team to have more overall success than them.

Deller isn’t gonna like this post at all. You used way to many facts. She only likes to use the recent head to head success UT had against UK.😂

Dodging again I see! I didn’t ask who Rupp is I ask what UT owning Rupp had to do with anything and you dodged my question again like you will this time. You can’t answer it!

You’re wrong! This UK team was historically bad and this was supposed to have been one of Tennessee’s best teams ever yet we still beat you on your home floor. It’s not really hard to get it’s just like with everything else you’re trying to dodge questions and ignore the fact that your coach under performed with the best team your schools ever had. Our team was bad and we admit that. Let me ask one more time, what does UT owning UK at Rupp have anything to do with this? Last time I checked what teams did in the past doesn’t matter and now all of a sudden you’re wanting to talk about Tennessee beating UK at Rupp in the past couple years so I will say this, look at the series lead record!😎
Tennessee was the preseason pick to win the SEC, but Kentucky waspreseasonn #2 in the conference. Which team most failed to live up to expectations?

Btw, I answered your question and you dodge your own question.

Tennessee was the preseason pick to win the SEC, but Kentucky waspreseasonn #2 in the conference. Which team most failed to live up to expectations?

Btw, I answered your question and you dodge your own question.

Kentucky being the biggest joke in college this year doesn't change the fact that UT underachieved big time either. It's a common theme with Barnes.

Reactions: Scotty00

Record

SEC Tournament Titles

Sweet 16 or better

You should reread the OP. If you're honest you'd recognize it is a troll of Barnes and nothing more. Cal has just led UK over the cliff and onto the rocks. How much are you paying this guy?

Tennessee gets clapped on by an Auburn fan and immediately introduces Kentucky to the conversation. Someone is a tad obsessed.
The thread was written by an Auburn fan and the Scottie from UK chimed in. So, get your facts straight.

ADVERTISEMENT