ADVERTISEMENT

Depaul coach

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
Porter Moser reportedly in line to leave Oklahoma become head coach at DePaul. Any comment @WeAreDePaul ?

Would he be willing to commit career suicide just to go back home? The Tweet is all coach speak, which is what always happens until the deed is done. You gotta deny until you have your plane ticket out of Norman in hand.

Tony is a friend of mine. I thought he would do bigger things at DePaul

People actually believed this? That would be like the Florida coach deciding to take the UMKC job. 😆

Shoutout the pride of my hometown, Dave Bliss, who may be the perfect fit. Unsure if he’s dead or alive, but it’s DePaul so I’m certain it doesn’t matter.
When I hear that name the only person I think of is that goon that used to play for Georgia like 15 years ago.

WTF @WeAreDePaul. The Demons had a bubble team on the ropes after going 0-384 in the regular season and let them win?!
that was crazy. Gonna need @dukedevilz to confirm this, but I believe if DePaul had won it would've been the biggest upset in NCAA basketball history. Let's look at the facts. They were winless in conference AND they lost 2 games to Villanova by a combined 82 points. I refuse to believe there has ever been a team with that resume that has gone out and beat the other team. And throw in that it was a must win game for Villanova.

been to the tourney 7x and only lost in the first round once. Only one trip to S16. Coach of the year in BigEast and Big10. we'll take him, it's a much better resume than I could've ever hoped for in a candidate.
I'm surprised it didn't work out for him at OSU. It's a top 20 job and he can coach. Something just didn't click for them the last couple of years.

alright so we got Holtman. Great hire, but you can hire John Wooden in his prime and it ain't gonna make a difference if you don't have a competitive NIL budget. Let's see what DePaul does in that regard.

been to the tourney 7x and only lost in the first round once. Only one trip to S16. Coach of the year in BigEast and Big10. we'll take him, it's a much better resume than I could've ever hoped for in a candidate.
You left out the best part, that he’s a Lexington, KY native. 😎

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT