ADVERTISEMENT

R.I.P. MSU?

Tom Izzo is an absolute disgrace. The fact that he hasnt resigned yet is a slap in the face to the survivors and victims that suffered as a result of the climate he fostered.

These answers he gives literally make my blood boil.

WTF do you want him to say? She was trying so hard to get him to take the bait and he wouldn't do it.

Yes. Me a fan of the winningest team in cbb history is obsessed with a school with one final four.

2 final fours. And you were clearly integral to Kentucky's success. I'm sure being inbred and lacking teeth really helped Kentucky get those wins.

2 final fours. And you were clearly integral to Kentucky's success. I'm sure being inbred and lacking teeth really helped Kentucky get those wins.
I'm actually from Florida. But lemme tell you how different the hills of Virginia are from the hills of Kentucky...

You're going to defend Izzo no matter what, it's pathetic.

Pathetic is the lynch mob out for heads without enough information. I'm going to wait for more information to come out before I freak out like everyone else, not rely on some hit piece recorded by ESPN 6 months ago that they waited to release during the Nassar stuff.

I'm actually from Florida. But lemme tell you how different the hills of Virginia are from the hills of Kentucky...

LOL bandwagon fan. You probably wear your fedora while guys with thick pricks deep dick you from behind.

Pathetic is the lynch mob out for heads without enough information. I'm going to wait for more information to come out before I freak out like everyone else, not rely on some hit piece recorded by ESPN 6 months ago that they waited to release during the Nassar stuff.

I mean, Payne’s interview didn’t convince you that that woman was raped? Wtf

You're going to defend Izzo no matter what, it's pathetic.
What exactly has he done wrong? He doesn't have to answer these questions because you want him to. Once everything comes out and all the evidence is on the table, then and only then should he have to answer these queations.

I went to Kentucky. Did you go to uva? Have u ever had a gf?

Yes, I went to UVA. From out-of-state too. That's actually worth bragging about. My dog could get into Kentucky. And I've had plenty of girlfriends. I'm better than you in pretty much every way imaginable.

Reactions: WojoRising and RR30
I mean, Payne’s interview didn’t convince you that that woman was raped? Wtf

DId I say that?

Did Izzo know about those tapes at the time? Should he have just released Payne and Appling and kicked them to the curb based on a closed case with no charges filed by the prosecutor? WTF?

We will find out eventually but in the meantime, chill out.

Yes, I went to UVA. From out-of-state too. That's actually worth bragging about. My dog could get into Kentucky. And I've had plenty of girlfriends. I'm better than you in pretty much every way imaginable.
What would your dog study?

Who the hell even thinks of some gay ass shit like this?

giphy.gif

DId I say that?

Did Izzo know about those tapes at the time? Should he have just released Payne and Appling and kicked them to the curb based on a closed case with no charges filed by the prosecutor? WTF?

We will find out eventually but in the meantime, chill out.

You sound like penn State fans did.

WTF do you want him to say? She was trying so hard to get him to take the bait and he wouldn't do it.

Izzo shouldn’t answer questions to something that’s under investigation and you can see he’s been advised as such.

If he did something wrong he should resign. If it turns out he didn’t then he should continue coaching and do as he pleases.

I’m going with the investigators and what they say, not an ESPN article.

Izzo shouldn’t answer questions to something that’s under investigation and you can see he’s been advised as such.

If he did something wrong he should resign. If it turns out he didn’t then he should continue coaching and do as he pleases.

I’m going with the investigators and what they say, not an ESPN article.

He did answer. He lied, but it was still an answer.

He did answer. He lied, but it was still an answer.

I know UM fan. You’ve charged him, prosecuted him, and convicted him in the court of public opinion and I’m sure you’re telling everyone of your verdict from here to the moon.

It’s alright. I’m going to support the victims, the investigation, and whatever comes of it. I know that sounds crazy in today’s world but I guess I’m old school.

I know UM fan. You’ve charged him, prosecuted him, and convicted him in the court of public opinion and I’m sure you’re telling everyone of your verdict from here to the moon.

It’s alright. I’m going to support the victims, the investigation, and whatever comes of it. I know that sounds crazy in today’s world but I guess I’m old school.
I'll just leave this, from a September 2010 article, here:

The accusations, reported by the Michigan Messenger, are horrific to say the least. What’s more disturbing, if possible, is that, despite one of the players confirming the girl’s story and support from the police investigators, the Prosecutor’s Office declined to pursue charges against the players: “The heavily redacted police report released by Ingham County Prosecutor Stuart Dunnings III alleges the two team members took turns assaulting an unidentified woman for nearly an hour in their Wonders Hall dormitory room late on Aug. 29 and into Aug. 30. The police report indicates that one of the two players corroborated the victim’s story in his statement to police. Although the MSU Police Department forwarded the report to the prosecutor’s office with a recommendation that the men be charged with Criminal Sexual Conduct 1 — the most serious level of sexual assault under state law — Dunnings has declined to prosecute the case.”

Yeah, it’s probably only Michigan fans that think Izzo knew about the Appling/Payne rape. Everyone in this thread criticizing Izzo is a Michigan fan, I’m sure.

The accusations, reported by the Michigan Messenger, are horrific to say the least. What’s more disturbing, if possible, is that, despite one of the players confirming the girl’s story and support from the police investigators, the Prosecutor’s Office declined to pursue charges against the players: “The heavily redacted police report released by Ingham County Prosecutor Stuart Dunnings III alleges the two team members took turns assaulting an unidentified woman for nearly an hour in their Wonders Hall dormitory room late on Aug. 29 and into Aug. 30. The police report indicates that one of the two players corroborated the victim’s story in his statement to police. Although the MSU Police Department forwarded the report to the prosecutor’s office with a recommendation that the men be charged with Criminal Sexual Conduct 1 — the most serious level of sexual assault under state law — Dunnings has declined to prosecute the case.”

As if this wasn’t damning enough, google Stuart Dunnings.

Edit: You must be a Michigan fan for thinking Payne confirming the victims story of how the rape happened is a terrible look for Appling/Payne (especially Appling, after seeing the video).

Reactions: Mgkcbb
Now everything depends on whether those in control at MSU, be they the new president, board of regents, etc want to clean house or live under a black cloud. If they choose the latter and if any coach knew or had heard anything that was illegal that coach should be shown the door. Under the present climate nobody, including Izzo is covered in enough teflon to survive.

Is Tom Izzo now responsible and accountable for Stuart Dunnings?

I’m not going to get into a back and forth on this as it will be a waste of time but he’s not a detective, he’s not a prosecuting attorney, and he’s not a Title IX investigator.

It’s my understanding the ELPD and MSUPD investigated, sent their findings to the Ingham County Prosecutor’s Office, and they didn’t pursue charges as they said they didn’t have enough evidence to bring it to trial, let alone a conviction.

At that point, what should Izzo do and what did he do that warrants a resignation or firing?

It’s as if it doesn’t even matter. Sad stuff.

Is Tom Izzo now responsible and accountable for Stuart Dunnings?

I’m not going to get into a back and forth on this as it will be a waste of time but he’s not a detective, he’s not a prosecuting attorney, and he’s not a Title IX investigator.

It’s my understanding the ELPD and MSUPD investigated, sent their findings to the Ingham County Prosecutor’s Office, and they didn’t pursue charges as they said they didn’t have enough evidence to bring it to trial, let alone a conviction.

At that point, what should Izzo do and what did he do that warrants a resignation or firing?

It’s as if it doesn’t even matter. Sad stuff.
Maybe my opinion is different than yours but if I'm a college basketball coach and I find out that one of my players corroborates the testimony by a young woman that he and a teammate raped a girl, I'm booting them from the team whether the legal system finds sufficient evidence or not to prosecute.

There is a legal basis and a moral basis. College athletics aren't beholden to legal basis. They should be to moral basis.

Of course, maybe I'm a little more stringent because I have two teenage daughters. But for society's sake, I hope not.

Maybe my opinion is different than yours but if I'm a college basketball coach and I find out that one of my players corroborates the testimony by a young woman that he and a teammate raped a girl, I'm booting them from the team whether the legal system finds sufficient evidence or not to prosecute.

There is a legal basis and a moral basis. College athletics aren't beholden to legal basis. They should be to moral basis.

Of course, maybe I'm a little more stringent because I have two teenage daughters. But for society's sake, I hope not.

I’m not saying Izzo is the moral compass for all. I’m asking if it’s alright to hold an investigation, see if Izzo violates Title IX, covered anything up, or if what he did was sufficient. Then depending on that, should he be fired or “resign”.

I think that’s pretty fair. To sum it up, I see a difference between public perception/morals and criminal wrongdoing and firing/possible charges and such.

I feel like there is a middle ground and you don’t have to go to one extreme or the other. It’s quite possible it’s a gray area where this ain’t great morally but you didn’t violate Title IX or the law and that’s completely separate from Larry Nassar and/or LAKS and Mark Hollis. Those people aren’t on trial here, we’re talking about Izzo and Dantonio.

Do you see where I’m coming from? Because I can’t sit here and defend them entirely and say they’re 100% morally superior beings but I’m also not sitting here ready to take them down and shame their names.

Right now they are all allegations. Alleged victims need to make a case and take it to court if they were violated. I am so tired of ESPN and similar media enterprises going into this head hunter mode on anything they can to stir up the mob of internet SJW's and judgmental hypocrites with. I am sure at least one of the cases/incidents will probably show something bad.

I also can see the human side of a coach recruiting a player and not wanting to give up on him even if the player did something wrong. Reality of life is.... if they just kick the player to the curb and take the media narrative high road that the likelihood of the player "downward spiraling" out of control. You don't just pull the rug out on the whole support system if you are truly trying to better and improve the player as a functioning member of society. Whether he committed a crime or not. And if a serious crime was committed in any of the cases?..... Tossing him in prison and cutting off all contact will likely contribute to that young man ending right back in prison again after getting out.

These types of stories are always extremely nuanced and take time to develop. But too many in the public can't be patient for facts to come out and media like ESPN manipulates that fact about the public every time. Unless it doesn't fit into their public political ideals.
Sooooo you give someone a pass to make his life better when he ruined someone elses???

You cite the Duke lacrosse scandal as if that one expcetion makes the rule.

Rape culture & sexual assault prevelance is alive and well on our college campuses and is especially highlighted within college athletics. Period.
Rape culture? I'm just as pissed as the next person about what's going on here, but there is zero evidence of a nation wide rape culture on campuses.

I’m not saying Izzo is the moral compass for all. I’m asking if it’s alright to hold an investigation, see if Izzo violates Title IX, covered anything up, or if what he did was sufficient. Then depending on that, should he be fired or “resign”.

I think that’s pretty fair. To sum it up, I see a difference between public perception/morals and criminal wrongdoing and firing/possible charges and such.

I feel like there is a middle ground and you don’t have to go to one extreme or the other. It’s quite possible it’s a gray area where this ain’t great morally but you didn’t violate Title IX or the law and that’s completely separate from Larry Nassar and/or LAKS and Mark Hollis. Those people aren’t on trial here, we’re talking about Izzo and Dantonio.

Do you see where I’m coming from? Because I can’t sit here and defend them entirely and say they’re 100% morally superior beings but I’m also not sitting here ready to take them down and shame their names.
Oh, I'm not remotely convinced Izzo did anything illegal. I think it was people like Dunnings who clearly put MSU athletics before the responsibilities of his office who are the criminals.

But coaches are public figures. And in our perception is reality society, IMO he will be found guilty of contributing to a culture of enabling monsters by providing someone like Keith Appling an opportunity he didn't deserve.

I also wonder how this will affect recruiting should Izzo survive this. He's always projected an aura of family as a recruiting tool. Well, now I could see that being turned on him with a "family protects family regardless of what they do" perception.

ADVERTISEMENT