ADVERTISEMENT

Clown Team '23-'24 Edition

Gotta be MSU at this point. Not making a strong push for KU against Illinois, but a loss that early is pretty significant for preseason #1, no?

Reactions: MGO2022
Samford for losing by 53 to Purdoo

Last edited:
Gotta be MSU at this point. Not making a strong push for KU against Illinois, but a loss that early is pretty significant for preseason #1, no?

They didn't run anything in the exhibitions. Looked like a completely different team the other night. But losing to a good team on the road isn't exactly clown team-worthy.

Reactions: KisteK
DePaul lost to a different Purdue, but I don’t know anything about either team. It was close so one of, if not both, is probably a clown.

• Haha
Reactions: WojoRising
DePaul can lose to Purdue Fort Wayne and it goes completely unnoticed. That’s so sad.
I just learned about it from reading the last two posts. All this means is I get to give up on DePaul's season a couple weeks earlier than I usually do...and this time I don't even have to watch a single one of their games.

• Haha
Reactions: KisteK
Should any team that hasn't been to a S16 since 2019 automatically be in the clown team seat until shown otherwise?
Agreed, some may complain that our standards are high on this board, but if we lower them this place will get over run with riff raff.

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Not to mention that some teams actually played real opponents.
World Champs, brah. Don't be jelly just cause Kansas lost to the Fightin' Bob Marleys in the Carribean Rec League Invitational.
471d0768-mbb_globl_jam_champion-819x1024.jpg

Saint Mary's just lost to Weber State. They got outscored by 14 in the 2nd half.
I shake my head when I watch sMc, they don't look like they should ever win.

They’re small, unathletic and none of them can dunk. They look like high school kids, but somehow the stay in the top 25 and beat good teams.

This might be the year reality finally takes over.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Just noticed that WV lost at home to Monmouth. Guessing we aren't going to see doogie much this year. 😆

Just noticed that WV lost at home to Monmouth. Guessing we aren't going to see doogie much this year. 😆
Yeah, I saw that too. If that's the same Monmouth from my old stomping grounds in New Jersey, all I can say is… .DAYUM. That was a community college in the early 90's.

Yeah, I saw that too. If that's the same Monmouth from my old stomping grounds in New Jersey, all I can say is… .DAYUM. That was a community college in the early 90's.

All I know is KU beat them by 50+ a few years ago. They're 241 on Kenpom right now.

All I know is KU beat them by 50+ a few years ago. They're 241 on Kenpom right now.
Yikes. I knew times were going to be tough for Wva, but I didn’t think it was going to be 'lose to Monmouth, NJ' bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT