ADVERTISEMENT

R.I.P. MSU?

Right now they are all allegations. Alleged victims need to make a case and take it to court if they were violated. I am so tired of ESPN and similar media enterprises going into this head hunter mode on anything they can to stir up the mob of internet SJW's and judgmental hypocrites with. I am sure at least one of the cases/incidents will probably show something bad.

I also can see the human side of a coach recruiting a player and not wanting to give up on him even if the player did something wrong. Reality of life is.... if they just kick the player to the curb and take the media narrative high road that the likelihood of the player "downward spiraling" out of control. You don't just pull the rug out on the whole support system if you are truly trying to better and improve the player as a functioning member of society. Whether he committed a crime or not. And if a serious crime was committed in any of the cases?..... Tossing him in prison and cutting off all contact will likely contribute to that young man ending right back in prison again after getting out.

These types of stories are always extremely nuanced and take time to develop. But too many in the public can't be patient for facts to come out and media like ESPN manipulates that fact about the public every time. Unless it doesn't fit into their public political ideals.

Right now they are all allegations. Alleged victims need to make a case and take it to court if they were violated. I am so tired of ESPN and similar media enterprises going into this head hunter mode on anything they can to stir up the mob of internet SJW's and judgmental hypocrites with. I am sure at least one of the cases/incidents will probably show something bad.

I also can see the human side of a coach recruiting a player and not wanting to give up on him even if the player did something wrong. Reality of life is.... if they just kick the player to the curb and take the media narrative high road that the likelihood of the player "downward spiraling" out of control. You don't just pull the rug out on the whole support system if you are truly trying to better and improve the player as a functioning member of society. Whether he committed a crime or not. And if a serious crime was committed in any of the cases?..... Tossing him in prison and cutting off all contact will likely contribute to that young man ending right back in prison again after getting out.

These types of stories are always extremely nuanced and take time to develop. But too many in the public can't be patient for facts to come out and media like ESPN manipulates that fact about the public every time. Unless it doesn't fit into their public political ideals.
Someone is being manipulated here alright. ESPN is not the one doing the manipulation in this instance.

Alleged, other than Payne basically admitting on video that rape happened. Plus, the prosecutor who decided not to file charges now fcking works for MSU. Yeah, nothing to see here.

Alleged, other than Payne basically admitting on video that rape happened. Plus, the prosecutor who decided not to file charges now fcking works for MSU. Yeah, nothing to see here.
Whoa! Hold on their cowboy - you are just being manipulated by the evil ESPN and are too naive to know it.

The only people who like this post are spartan fans, lol.

Reactions: ScarletnGrayBuck
I typed up a long thing about how picky chosey ESPN was with there info, but in times like this that’s not important. Izzo shouldn’t get fired. The OTL article doesn’t even really go after him. I’m glad neither coach is retiring, and I’m glad all the chairmen and the AD and President are. Drain it, bring in outsiders and fix what is broken.

Shout out to you Purdue fans, I thought it would be mainly UofM but you guys are relentless

I typed up a long thing about how picky chosey ESPN was with there info, but in times like this that’s not important. Izzo shouldn’t get fired. The OTL article doesn’t even really go after him. I’m glad neither coach is retiring, and I’m glad all the chairmen and the AD and President are. Drain it, bring in outsiders and fix what is broken.

Shout out to you Purdue fans, I thought it would be mainly UofM but you guys are relentless
Your athletic department is a sham. And this circling of the wagons attitude by MSU fans is no surprise. This type of behavior is what suppressed victims on the MSU campus for years. Glad it’s finally coming to light.

Agree, not that they aren’t true, but nothing is proven yet.

1. The thing about Walton traveling with the team? A judge cleared him to. He said yeah you could and then settled with a littering charge because multiple witnesses had different accounts of what had happened. Take that as you will
2. No report was filed against the players in the other Walton case, so the university can’t do anything except fire him, which they did. Unless the girl filed a charge they could not be kicked off the team the 2 in names players
3. There were many other reasons she didn’t file a claim in the Payne and Appling case. They brought in an outside investigator who determined there wasn’t enough. It wasn’t just because she was crying and they said you can’t handle the jury. I think Payne and Appling are guilty, but I don’t think the university covered it up.

Your athletic department is a sham. And this circling of the wagons attitude by MSU fans is no surprise. This type of behavior is what suppressed victims on the MSU campus for years. Glad it’s finally coming to light.
I’m an MSU alum first. If firing Izzo or Dantonio will help in any way, I’m all for it. That’s in human not to. But I honestly don’t think firing them will help. That’s all.

I don’t think being a Purdue fan has anything do with it. I think those of us that are fathers and not an MSU supporter are all pretty much in alignment on how fcked up all of this is.

Last edited:
They're star athletes, why do they need to rape or sexually assault anyone? You would think that women are throwing themselves at them all the time.

Firing the guys who continued to let athletes who sexually assault women on MSUs campus go unpunished for years wouldnt help?

Lolwat?
These MSU fans here are pathetic. It won't help to fire the people who helped propagate the problem? Wow.

Sports > Humans in Eastern Lansing.

Reactions: MGO1668 and Mgkcbb
They're star athletes, why do they need to rape or sexually assault anyone? You would think that women are throwing themselves at them all the time.
Exactly. I got laid aplenty at college and I was only crushing intramurals. ;)

Reactions: tw3301
The Michigan State athletic department suppressed information related to sexual-assault allegations against the football and basketball teams, and along with campus police and university officials, fostered a culture of denial and inaction that stretched far beyond the failures of confronting former MSU athletic doctor Larry Nassar’s sexual abuse, according to an ESPN “Outside the Lines” report published Friday — not long after longtime athletic director Mark Hollis announced his retirement

The only people who like this post are spartan fans, lol.
It's not about liking it. It's about due process and everyone's right to a fair trial. I could give 2 sh!ts either way about Michigan St. It's about people first and foremost. If in a court of law it's proven every single one of these athletes football or basketball are guilty of crimes. Then go ahead and start evaluating job security of coaches.

Reactions: northeastspartan
It's not about liking it. It's about due process and everyone's right to a fair trial. I could give 2 sh!ts either way about Michigan St. It's about people first and foremost. If in a court of law it's proven every single one of these athletes football or basketball are guilty of crimes. Then go ahead and start evaluating job security of coaches.
It's amazing how many people don't understand that criminal proceedings have different standards than employment and moral standards.

It's amazing how many people don't understand that criminal proceedings have different standards than employment and moral standards.
Go ahead and throw a premature blanket statement on all the athletes as guilty. Let it go to court and watch if any of them that are acquitted sue the school. Did anyone learn anything from how the Duke Lacrosse thing was handled?

The law is objective your moral standards are not always.

Go ahead and throw a premature blanket statement on all the athletes as guilty. Let it go to court and watch if any of them that are acquitted sue the school. Did anyone learn anything from how the Duke Lacrosse thing was handled?

You cite the Duke lacrosse scandal as if that one expcetion makes the rule.

Rape culture & sexual assault prevelance is alive and well on our college campuses and is especially highlighted within college athletics. Period.

Rape culture & sexual assault prevelance is alive and well on our college campuses and is especially highlighted within college athletics. Period.
Wtf is rape culture? Always hear that term but wtf does it mean exactly.

Last edited:

1. The thing about Walton traveling with the team? A judge cleared him to. He said yeah you could and then settled with a littering charge because multiple witnesses had different accounts of what had happened. Take that as you will
2. No report was filed against the players in the other Walton case, so the university can’t do anything except fire him, which they did. Unless the girl filed a charge they could not be kicked off the team the 2 in names players
3. There were many other reasons she didn’t file a claim in the Payne and Appling case. They brought in an outside investigator who determined there wasn’t enough. It wasn’t just because she was crying and they said you can’t handle the jury. I think Payne and Appling are guilty, but I don’t think the university covered it up.

Payne received all this praise and human interest positive press when he befriended little Lacey, the cancer victim. I was pissed at the time because his rape accusation was glossed over and mostly never even mentioned. The Payne/Appling situation caused me to lose some respect for Izzo and MSU when it happened and the cover up/denial followed. Appling is now in jail, and really screwed up his second chance. MSU continued to cover up incidents, and now look at the mess they are in as an institution and athletic department. Dozens of additional women were victimized as a result. Really a sad sad situation. What should happen-clean house in athletics and the administration that chose to ignore the numerous warnings. What will happen-not much more than has already happened. MSU makes Penn State look minor. just wow...

No words for this post. People need to wake up or things like this will never change.

Was there a police interview video where Duke lacrosse players basically admitted that a girl was raped by a Duke player?

Methinks you didn't watch the OTL special.

The girl who's letter was found is dead, dude. It is impossible for her to press charges and impossible for her to give the testimony needed to convict. So kick back with your feet up and say "HA! Can't proooove it!" because the rape victim is now dead while the rest of us lose all respect for you in the process.

More is likely to come out, I doubt this is the end of this. Now you have numerous media outlets, the Michigan attorney general and quite possibly the Feds looking into MSU.

No it's called let things play out properly and don't jump to any conclusions.

AMIRITE isn’t a word.
53e43a4fa7f21.jpg

Tom Izzo is an absolute disgrace. The fact that he hasnt resigned yet is a slap in the face to the survivors and victims that suffered as a result of the climate he fostered.

These answers he gives literally make my blood boil.

ADVERTISEMENT