ADVERTISEMENT

question about ESPN+

WeAreDePaul

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2017
I have ESPN+ but never watch it. Does it allow you to "DVR" games so to speak? Meaning, let's say a game starts at 8. Can I tune in at 9:30 and start from the beginning? And fast forward through stuff along the way?

Also, game starts at 8. Can I watch it in it's entirety a few hours after it is over? Or the next day? For instance, game Saturday afternoon. can I watch it on ESPN+ Sunday?

You can start it from the beginning. Not really a dvr situation. The games are also On Demand if you want to watch it later. I don't know how long they are available though. But I did watch one last night 2 hours after it ended.

Yes. Login to espn3.com and you can watch all the games on replay.
is that part of espn+ or is it a separate site? I have espn+ on my TV, don't watch games on my computer so that's why i ask about espn3.

is that part of espn+ or is it a separate site? I have espn+ on my TV, don't watch games on my computer so that's why i ask about espn3.

A good chunk of the games on espn3.com require an ESPN+ subscription (maybe 80%?). If you don't have ESPN+ subscription, then you'd be limited to the games that were featured on ESPN, ESPN2, ACC/SEC Network.

A good chunk of the games on espn3.com require an ESPN+ subscription (maybe 80%?). If you don't have ESPN+ subscription, then you'd be limited to the games that were featured on ESPN, ESPN2, ACC/SEC Network.
sorry, maybe my question was vague. I AM a ESPN+ subscriber. Can i watch the ESPN3 replays on my ESPN+ app on my TV? Or is it limited to computer/browser?

sorry, maybe my question was vague. I AM a ESPN+ subscriber. Can i watch the ESPN3 replays on my ESPN+ app on my TV? Or is it limited to computer/browser?

I believe so, though I don't know for certain. I don't use the app. But, this reddit thread makes it sound doable.

If I ever want to watch an ESPN+ game on the tv, I just use an HDMI cable and project it. But, perhaps using the app would give you that capability. Something to look into you.

Best thing about watching the replay games on espn3 is you don't have to worry about the scores scrolling across the bottom of the screen.

Thanks for pointing me towards the OnDemand section of ESPN+. This weekend I watched several games on the replay rather than watch them on DirecTV DVR. Love that there is no sports ticker. Also love that the picture quality is much better than I get on DTV dish.

Thinking about getting rid of the dish. The picture quality of sporting events is so much better on streaming services than it is on DTV.

Thanks for pointing me towards the OnDemand section of ESPN+. This weekend I watched several games on the replay rather than watch them on DirecTV DVR. Love that there is no sports ticker. Also love that the picture quality is much better than I get on DTV dish.

Thinking about getting rid of the dish. The picture quality of sporting events is so much better on streaming services than it is on DTV.

It's a game-changer, for sure!

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
It's a game-changer, for sure!
I've changed my mind on the OnDemand games on ESPN. The problem, and it's a big problem, is you know exactly how long the game lasts when you start watching it. And the games take about 1:30 ondeand. So when you start up a game like Baylor vs TCU and see the length of the game is 2:30 you immediately know that the game is going to not one, but multiple over times.

It ruined the enjoyment of watching that game. Every OT I knew in advance if the game was going to end or continue to another OT.

To a lesser extent it also ruins games that don't go to OT because you know the game ends in regulation. If a team is down in the last couple minutes you pretty much know the result unless the team losing makes some amaizng last minute run.

I wish they would hide the length of the game ondemand, if that's even possible.

I've changed my mind on the OnDemand games on ESPN. The problem, and it's a big problem, is you know exactly how long the game lasts when you start watching it. And the games take about 1:30 ondeand. So when you start up a game like Baylor vs TCU and see the length of the game is 2:30 you immediately know that the game is going to not one, but multiple over times.

It ruined the enjoyment of watching that game. Every OT I knew in advance if the game was going to end or continue to another OT.

To a lesser extent it also ruins games that don't go to OT because you know the game ends in regulation. If a team is down in the last couple minutes you pretty much know the result unless the team losing makes some amaizng last minute run.

I wish they would hide the length of the game ondemand, if that's even possible.

That's fair. The Baylor/TCU is a prime example of when you know overtime is coming. And knowing that sometimes makes me just wan to fast-forward right past the 2nd half and start in overtime.

I will say, however, that I sometimes see games that are around 2:15 in length and I'm expecting overtime - and it doesn't happen. There will be 20-30 minutes of the recording left and just a few minutes of game action... but, it sometimes does end in regulation. The final few minutes often drags on because of timeouts, free throws, and replays... sometimes, too, the recording will have a post-game celebration with reactions and interviews. That can add-on unexpected time.

And your point of knowing when the game ends can be a spoiler, too. If a team is down by 3 points with under 20 seconds left? Overtime is not very likely.... it's not a perfect system, of course. The length of the game being the biggest spoiler.. But, I do really like not being reminded of other scores.

That's fair. The Baylor/TCU is a prime example of when you know overtime is coming. And knowing that sometimes makes me just wan to fast-forward right past the 2nd half and start in overtime.

I will say, however, that I sometimes see games that are around 2:15 in length and I'm expecting overtime - and it doesn't happen. There will be 20-30 minutes of the recording left and just a few minutes of game action... but, it sometimes does end in regulation. The final few minutes often drags on because of timeouts, free throws, and replays... sometimes, too, the recording will have a post-game celebration with reactions and interviews. That can add-on unexpected time.

And your point of knowing when the game ends can be a spoiler, too. If a team is down by 3 points with under 20 seconds left? Overtime is not very likely.... it's not a perfect system, of course. The length of the game being the biggest spoiler.. But, I do really like not being reminded of other scores.
yea I thought it was perfect until I stumbled on the OT issue.

Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT