ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Should Brandon Miller be Suspended

Should they hold him out during the entire trial?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I take it this is the woman who was killed? I guess we're supposed to look at this picture and hate Miller. I see this picture and wonder why was this woman hanging with violent criminals at 1 in the morning instead of at home asleep like a responsible mother. Why is Miller any more, or even as much to blame for that child not having a mother than his mother?

It's a sad situation for sure, but no one who is up in arms over this really cares about the woman who died, they just want to be upset over a basketball program. Everyone wants to act like she was just an innocent bystander. I am not saying she was not innocent. But she was with a group of people who initiated the violence and by accounts, had multiple weapons. Her choices were every bit if not more to blame than Miller's choice to pick up two people that he was going to pick up anyways.
Yikes

I take it this is the woman who was killed? I guess we're supposed to look at this picture and hate Miller. I see this picture and wonder why was this woman hanging with violent criminals at 1 in the morning instead of at home asleep like a responsible mother. Why is Miller any more, or even as much to blame for that child not having a mother than his mother?

It's a sad situation for sure, but no one who is up in arms over this really cares about the woman who died, they just want to be upset over a basketball program. Everyone wants to act like she was just an innocent bystander. I am not saying she was not innocent. But she was with a group of people who initiated the violence and by accounts, had multiple weapons. Her choices were every bit if not more to blame than Miller's choice to pick up two people that he was going to pick up anyways.
Ah yes. Let’s blame the victim

I have no idea

That said

It is difficult for me to comprehend that a highly paid HC and a highly paid AD would risk their jobs, reputations and futures if they weren't truly convinced that he is in the clear.

That said

I would have suspended him simply for hanging with this level of human excriment.

If basketball players were suspended for hanging out with undesirables, we’d have no basketball to watch.

• Haha
Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
Whether he mocked the situation is up to interpretation. That specific pat down intro is not uncommon. Watch NBA games and you’ll see it often. So that wouldn’t be covered by any code of conduct, even if it was in poor taste. That’s not how codes of conduct work.

He drove his car to pick up a friend. The car had his friend’s gun in it, which his friend had asked for without giving any indication in the texts that he intended to have somebody shot with it. Picking up a friend isn’t going to be against the code of conduct. Giving a friend his legally registered firearm likely isn’t (and perhaps cannot be, by law) against a code of conduct.
I love those who make up facts to support assumptions.

Do you have the Alabama code of conduct handy so you can support your answers.

Or are you just going to wing it.

I love those who make up facts to support assumptions.
Do you have the Alabama code of conduct handy so you can support your answers.
Or are you just going to wing it.

One doesn’t need the specific code of conduct to comment on how codes of conduct tend to work, which is what I did.

I didn’t make up any facts, so I’m not sure what you’re on about with that.

Keep up, bud

One doesn’t need the specific code of conduct to comment on how codes of conduct tend to work, which is what I did.

I didn’t make up any facts, so I’m not sure what you’re on about with that.

Keep up, bud
"He drove his car to pick up a friend. The car had his friend’s gun in"

The friend texted and requested his gun be brought to the area due to altercations.

Just keep avoiding the facts.

The scene followed him. By the time it became a crime scene, Miller's involvement was not relevant in any way

Does anyone care to explain how the victim is not more to blame for her own death than Miller?
I'm sure she'd explain it to you but she's dead because Brandon Miller took a loaded weapon to his drunk teammate when asked....and then she was killed with that weapon.

You are just as tone deaf as Nate Oats.

I'm sure she'd explain it to you but she's dead because Brandon Miller took a loaded weapon to his drunk teammate when asked....and then she was killed with that weapon.

You are just as tone deaf as Nate Oats.
This is a simple minded, lazy take. It is pretty simple. If you had a way to explain, you would. But you don't so you take the lazy route.

^ this is what it looks like when you go full Ret@rd.
So no explanation from you either. Great.

Neither are to blame. Yet we want to assign blame where it doesn't belong. So if we're blaming Miller for being with the wrong people, why are we leaving blame out for the person who was with the group that went looking for trouble and found it? It was reported that a female in the other car handed a gun to the initial shooter. Do we know that the victim was not that female? If so, let's say that instead of her being the only death, Miles or the other guy was. Would you whacks be whining about her "providing" a loaded gun, or would you even care?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Does anyone care to explain how the victim is not more to blame for her own death than Miller?
If Miller says no, I am not bringing your gun, she is alive. Miller should have asked what do you need it for and said no, nothing good can come of this.

If Miller says no, I am not bringing your gun, she is alive. Miller should have asked what do you need it for and said no, nothing good can come of this.
Okay, so we're talking hypotheticals and not what actually happened.

Hypothetically, let's just say that Miller doesn't go back to pick Miles and the other guy up, subsequently bringing Miles' gun to him. Does Miles or his other buddy get gunned down? And would anyone pretend to care like they are pretending to care as it is now?

Again, she is just as responsible for her choices as Miller is. And she was being more irresponsible than he was without question, by being with violent criminals who followed Miller's car looking for trouble.

Does anyone know why the victim and her bf were there at 1am? Were they at work late, or were they out looking for trouble?

Didn't Miller tell Miles the gun was loaded and there was a round in the chamber? I thought I read that in a couple different reports.

I can't blame the victim here, because I don't know the facts. The picture that is painted in my mind is her and her bf were there grabbing a bite to eat and the shooter got pissed because she wouldn't give him the time of day.

Either way, the gun should have never been brought to that location. If Miles got arrested, Miller should have as well, especially if he was relaying information about what was in the gun and it's chamber.

Why the hell were these guys out and about at that hour? Why did any of them have a gun?

I guess I'm looking at this like she was my daughter, if that was the case, I'd want everyone involved to be charged.

But again, I'd like to know more about why she and her bf were there and did they antagonize the incident?

I think the difference is Miles not only gave Davis the gun but told him to do it/encouraged him to shoot. So its clear Miles should be charged, with Miller there is doubt that he knew the full story about what was going on and what was going to happen.

Wait I've agreed with your analysis of this situation with regards to Miller and how the facts likely show he's not guilty.

However, are you really putting any blame on an innocent woman who went out to get food with her boyfriend and a mutual friend?? I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you don't know the full story here but Jamea was approached by Davis and Miles who were making advances at her and her boyfriend Cedric told them to back off. One of Miles or Davis (I forget who) said you're going to fvcking pay for this.

Then they proceeded to get even more drunk and cornered Jamea Harris, her bf and their friend outside the restaurant where the shooting ensued.

Harris is 100% innocent here and did nothing even remotely questionable or deserving blame. I'm assuming a family member was watching her son while she was out but I haven't heard anything suggesting she was negligent regarding his care.

Wait I've agreed with your analysis of this situation with regards to Miller and how the facts likely show he's not guilty.

However, are you really putting any blame on an innocent woman who went out to get food with her boyfriend and a mutual friend?? I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you don't know the full story here but Jamea was approached by Davis and Miles who were making advances at her and her boyfriend Cedric told them to back off. One of Miles or Davis (I forget who) said you're going to fvcking pay for this.

Then they proceeded to get even more drunk and cornered Jamea Harris, her bf and their friend outside the restaurant where the shooting ensued.

Harris is 100% innocent here and did nothing even remotely questionable or deserving blame. I'm assuming a family member was watching her son while she was out but I haven't heard anything suggesting she was negligent regarding his care.
wow, very convincing. However I won't be fully convinced of her innocence until I know what she was wearing.

First, I absolutely don't know all of the facts. Just giving my opinions on which scenarios seem more plausible to me. I really don't know what she was doing out at 1 AM with the crowd she was with. Just figured I would fight ignorance with ignorance seeing how everyone is so worried about what a 19 year old college freshman was doing out at the time 19 year old college freshmen are commonly out.

As far as blaming the victim? I chose my words with care. I never blamed her. I just want someone to give me a logical explanation for blaming Miller for something that wasn't his fault without, at the same time, blaming her for something that wasn't her fault. I am more aiming for the folks who love to assign blame where it doesn't belong.

Reactions: bignish
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT