ADVERTISEMENT

Should Kansas still be gifted the #1 overall seed?

Should Kansas still get the #1 overall seed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nor did Chris Beard coach and Texas was playing their 3rd game in 3 days.

The 3rd game in 3 days excuse I see from fellow Jayhawk fans is tiring. Every team has played the exact same schedule and Texas played the same 3 games in 3 days. A few minute difference in minutes played isn’t going to create that big of a difference.

Now KU missing McCullar is a bigger deal than Texas missing Allen just for the simple fact that Texas has a bench they can rely on and KU does not. That inevitably though is just another indictment on KU. They have a lot less room for error.

The 3rd game in 3 days excuse I see from fellow Jayhawk fans is tiring. Every team has played the exact same schedule and Texas played the same 3 games in 3 days. A few minute difference in minutes played isn’t going to create that big of a difference.

Now KU missing McCullar is a bigger deal than Texas missing Allen just for the simple fact that Texas has a bench they can rely on and KU does not. That inevitably though is just another indictment on KU. They have a lot less room for error.
I think that excuse in general is always overexaggerated. These are 20-year-old kids. They are in the best athletic shape they will ever be in and their bodies are oozing with testosterone which massively boosts energy and vitality and their recovery time is miniscule. If they weren't playing games they would be practicing, which is just as grueling in most cases, if not more. There are 80 and 90-year-old people out there finishing Ironman triathlons. I don't think 3 basketball games in 3 days is going to wilt a D-1 athlete down to a shell of himself.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul

That’s not something that is going to affect every team equally. How many teams have starters that play as many minutes as KU’s? How many teams get next to nothing from their bench? Definitely not Texas.

There’s no doubt that Texas outplayed KU the last two times. It’s also true that KU won the only game between the two that really mattered.

I’m totally fine with Alabama getting the #1, which they probably will, but I don’t think it would be outrageous if the team that lost to Oklahoma by 30 didn’t earn the overall 1.

Then that seems like Kansas’s own problem for not being deeply IMO.

I wasn’t looking to blame anybody for it. But the main goals are winning the league and winning it all. Not Battle 4 Atlantis and the Big 12 tourney.

With Alabama’s dominant win, they are my pick for overall top seed. The other three should be Purdue, Kansas and Houston. Yeah I am aware that Houston is losing to Memphis right now, but UCLA lost too yesterday and I still refuse to believe a team with 8 losses like Texas deserves a top seed.

ADVERTISEMENT