ADVERTISEMENT

Should Kansas still be gifted the #1 overall seed?

Should Kansas still get the #1 overall seed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EvilMonkeyInTheCloset

Feb 25, 2008
Your closet, most likely......
So after collecting their 7th loss of the season and dropping two of three to Texas, including a 20 pt beatdown in the Big 12 CCG, are their subjective 17 Quad 1 wins still enough, in your opinion, to justify keeping Kansas as the #1 overall seed in the NCAA Tournament?

And if not, which team should get the bump if they win their respective conference tournament?

Houston (31-2)- ranked #1 in AP and Coaches poll, no big deal....

Alabama (28-5)- ranked #4/#5 in polls, respectively. Plays Texas A&M in SECCG.

UCLA (29-4)- ranked #2 in both polls. Winners of 12 in a row. Plays Arizona in Pac 12 CCG tonight.

Purdue (28-5)- #5/#3 in polls, respectively. Plays Penn State in Big 10 CCG

Texas (26-8)- #7 in both polls. Won Big 12 CCG. Went 2-1 vs Kansas, winning by 16 and 20 in most recent matchups.

Marquette (28-6)- #6 in both polls. Won the Big East CCG over Xavier. Winners of 9 in a row.

Don’t deserve it. Hell if KU has an argument then so does Texas with 14 quad 1 wins of their own, 2 absolute ass kickings of KU, and only 1 more loss.

Alabama deserves the #1 overall seed. They’re the best team I’ve seen this year.

So after collecting their 7th loss of the season and dropping two of three to Texas, including a 20 pt beatdown in the Big 12 CCG, are their subjective 17 Quad 1 wins still enough, in your opinion, to justify keeping Kansas as the #1 overall seed in the NCAA Tournament?

And if not, which team should get the bump if they win their respective conference tournament?

Houston (31-2)- ranked #1 in AP and Coaches poll, no big deal....

Alabama (28-5)- ranked #4/#5 in polls, respectively. Plays Texas A&M in SECCG.

UCLA (29-4)- ranked #2 in both polls. Winners of 12 in a row. Plays Arizona in Pac 12 CCG tonight.

Purdue (28-5)- #5/#3 in polls, respectively. Plays Penn State in Big 10 CCG

Texas (26-8)- #7 in both polls. Won Big 12 CCG. Went 2-1 vs Kansas, winning by 16 and 20 in most recent matchups.

Marquette (28-6)- #6 in both polls. Won the Big East CCG over Xavier. Winners of 9 in a row.
Probably not with Wisconsin looming out there.

Sasser pulled a groin. He may be slowed but not out. Doubt he plays tomorrow.

Naw it will be Houston or Alabama. The talent difference between those 2 and the rest of college basketball is huge. Texas may be one of the few that can compete with them.
If Sasser is gimpy I don't see them doing it. They've also played a weak schedule and lost to the only good team they played. Bama should have a good shot, but I'm skeptical of teams that are so reliant on the 3. One off shooting night can be a quick ticket home.

Texas definitely can’t be the overall #1 seed, they have 8 losses and won’t even get one of the four top seeds anyway. Marquette is also far away from the top, they are like the last 2 seed if you ask me. Following UCLA’s loss to Arizona, it will be one of the Alabama, Houston and Purdue(in order).

Kansas has like 6 blowout losses. The fact that they might get the #1 overall seed really shows how much college ball sucks this year I guess
Agreee. We are deserving of it (as are others). But nobody is a typical 1 overall seed. No team this year would beat last years national champion Kansas.

The thing about this Kansas is our starting 5 is as good as anyone’s but we have no bench what so ever. Yesterday we were down McCullar and playing our third game in a row. That’s tough against a really
Good Texas team with a deep bench.

Heck , I still assume nobody this year or last year could beat 21 Baylor or 21 Gonzaga
22 Kansas is just as good as those teams honestly. They were just a year behind in age and development when they played in 21’. They split with Baylor in 21’ and made them look silly once but I get your point. Nobody is beating either of those 3 and those 3 together would be great matchups. I think Gonzaga would be the worst of those 3.

This Kansas team is definitely not made for three games in three days. No bench and foul prone.

I do Think they deserve the Midwest though.

They looked tired from the beginning. Similar to the Tennessee game early on (3rd game in 3 days).

Reactions: KisteK
First of all, shouldn't we wait to see if Alabama and Houston win today?

2nd, teams with much weaker schedules finishing with better records isn't a new phenomenon.

Yesterday sucked, but they weren't playing East Carolina or Missouri. It was also the 3rd game in 3 days for a team with no bench, which was also down a key player and a head coach.

The more I think about it there really isn’t anyone who is that much more deserving. Houston is hard to judge because they don’t play anyone. Alabama is the only team I think who deserves it should they win today. Definitely not Purdue

I would say this:
1.) Alabama (Louisville)
2.) Kansas (Kansas City)
3.) Houston (Vegas)
4.) Purdue (New York)

22 Kansas is just as good as those teams honestly. They were just a year behind in age and development when they played in 21’. They split with Baylor in 21’ and made them look silly once but I get your point. Nobody is beating either of those 3 and those 3 together would be great matchups. I think Gonzaga would be the worst of those 3.
Fair , still would rank 21 Baylor the best of those three.

The more I think about it there really isn’t anyone who is that much more deserving. Houston is hard to judge because they don’t play anyone. Alabama is the only team I think who deserves it should they win today. Definitely not Purdue

I would say this:
1.) Alabama (Louisville)
2.) Kansas (Kansas City)
3.) Houston (Vegas)
4.) Purdue (New York)

I’ll take it.

There's no way they fall to a 2. Especially when they were missing their coach and a starter yesterday.

No what I meant is does Kansas get shipped out west as the 1 seed now (instead of midwest) with ucla or Arizona as the 2 in the west bracket. I probably wasn’t very clear.

Reactions: KisteK

I would say this:
1.) Alabama (Louisville)
2.) Kansas (Kansas City)
3.) Houston (Vegas)
4.) Purdue (New York)
I agree w this.

Im
Not sold KC helps us. Matchups, 3 point makes, and making other teams play bad via our defense will be the only way this team has success beyond game 1. It’s not unique to Kansas this year, but I really think game 2 for a lot of top 25 teams is going to be a one possession game in this tourney.

Reactions: speedfrk
No what I meant is does Kansas get shipped out west as the 1 seed now (instead of midwest) with ucla or Arizona as the 2 in the west bracket. I probably wasn’t very clear.

Ah…yeah, I misread.

Alabama will get the #1 overall seed and doubt anyone can really argue that.

Houston loss guaranteed the KC region for KU imo.

Houston probably gets the East region.

Purdue shipped out west as long as they win.

Yesterday sucked, but they weren't playing East Carolina or Missouri. It was also the 3rd game in 3 days for a team with no bench, which was also down a key player and a head coach.
Timmy Allen didn’t play yesterday either correct ?

ADVERTISEMENT