ADVERTISEMENT

Place to put my Nonsense Thread.

83-B7-A9-C4-E2-F8-4037-96-AF-1-D1-B44256-D8-C.jpg

Wow brother, you have me wanting to watch that movie again if it is on Netflix or Prime, but things seem to be changing. My wife loves westerns, new and old, the best western series we ever watched is Hell On Wheels, but we looked last week to watch it again and it was only buy or rent, unless we missed something. We do let family share our accounts, and Netflix was kids only, so maybe my grand daughter is just a little smarter than me. 🤣
But anyway, I will get there. 👍

Wow brother, you have me wanting to watch that movie again if it is on Netflix or Prime, but things seem to be changing. My wife loves westerns, new and old, the best western series we ever watched is Hell On Wheels, but we looked last week to watch it again and it was only buy or rent, unless we missed something. We do let family share our accounts, and Netflix was kids only, so maybe my grand daughter is just a little smarter than me. 🤣
But anyway, I will get there. 👍

You said people don't talk about societal issues. People talk about societal issues. Minority representation, education, special needs children and individuals in the workplace, worker rights, abuse, impact of family structure, etc.... What types of societal issues do you not think people talk about? Let's talk about them right here. None of that changes the issue we have been talking about though. Mulitple issues and problems can exist at the same time.

Last edited:
Reactions: brooky03
You said people don't talk about societal issues. People talk about societal issues. Minority representation, education, special needs children and individuals in the workplace, worker rights, abuse, impact of family structure, etc.... What types of societal issues do you not think people talk about? Let's talk about them right here. None of that changes the issue we have been talking about though. Mulitple issues and problems can exist at the same time.
Here's what I said.

"We scream from the rooftops about reforming the police. But we never hear any screams for reforming society."

I never said people don't talk about societal issues. Not even close to what I said. I guess to clarify, I will rephrase it. When you hear people like the MSM, activists or idiots like Lebron talk about police killing black people and how it needs to stop, it is always about how the police need to change. Never about how society needs to change to prevent the interactions with the cops to begin with. Not that there isn't a need for police reform. But attitudes towards cops, resisting arrest, criminal activities in general and personal accountability for one's own actions are all things that are on the citizens to change and without that change, police reform will be useless. And before you say that people do talk about these things, pay attention to what I said. You hear screams for police reform, but not for societal reform. And most specifically, after police killings. And it's always about race as if they are being killed just because they're black.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Do you think he’s a little racist?
No, that’s an absurd statement to make without proof. Does he overexaggerate the level of police brutality we have in this country to suit his agenda? Sure maybe but that hardly makes him racist.

Not every athlete is going to be okay alienating people, but that doesn’t mean that alienating one group of people while drumming up support from another is inherently bad for their bottom line. That’s literally the business model that FOX and CNN seem to use. It doesn’t matter to FOX if they piss off liberals because they in turn please their base.
I’m fully on board with you here. Identity politics has accelerated in this country to such an extent that it’s more profitable for media outlets and publications to pander to a specific passionate base.

Clay Travis is making a living off of this with Outkick Sports where he gives the conservative slant on the news events.

Most of Clay’s base consists of hardcore Trumpers who loves when he makes fun of NBA ratings, takes jabs at Coronabros and makes fun of the woke capitalists.

They feel a sense of kinship and belonging with Clay’s platform so they donate money and provide valuable clicks that drive ad revenue.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Here's what I said.

"We scream from the rooftops about reforming the police. But we never hear any screams for reforming society."

I never said people don't talk about societal issues. Not even close to what I said. I guess to clarify, I will rephrase it. When you hear people like the MSM, activists or idiots like Lebron talk about police killing black people and how it needs to stop, it is always about how the police need to change. Never about how society needs to change to prevent the interactions with the cops to begin with. Not that there isn't a need for police reform. But attitudes towards cops, resisting arrest, criminal activities in general and personal accountability for one's own actions are all things that are on the citizens to change and without that change, police reform will be useless. And before you say that people do talk about these things, pay attention to what I said. You hear screams for police reform, but not for societal reform. And most specifically, after police killings. And it's always about race as if they are being killed just because they're black.

You don’t hear people say that crime is bad and it would be nice if there was less of it?

How do you propose we change society? I don’t mean what do we change, I mean how. For instance, fewer single black mothers is a what.

There’s also a difference between agreeing people should be punished for resisting arrest or committing crimes and believing those who resist arrest and get shot ‘had it coming.’ Whether or not they had it coming depends on a lot more important variables. “Well, don’t commit crime and the police won’t show up and maybe shoot you” or “don’t run away when you don’t feel like getting arrested and the police maybe won’t shoot you” are non-answers to the problem that I hear all the time.

The simple fact that somebody committed a crime or resisted arrest is not supposed to be a ‘get out of jail free’ card for police, but it seems like that’s what some people think or want. “Was the officer’s life or somebody else’s life in immediate danger” should be the only question that matters in officer involved shootings. If a regular civilian with a gun wouldn’t get away with it, an officer shouldn’t get away with it. They shouldn’t get extra leeway to shoot people because they went to school for a few months.

Last edited:
I just think Ghost hears what he wants to hear. Of course after a police shooting the discussion is about police reform. I mean, this seems reasonable. The discussion is also about abiding by what police officers say. The discussion is also about crime and why people only care about certain deaths. All of these things are discussed. So I am hearing what you are saying and think you are wrong. I have heard what you have said all along. Maybe you tune into people who scream about police reform. Stop doing it then. Why go to people like Lebron and activists and MSM? Agenda driven people and outlets are going to feed you exactly what you are looking for. That's on you.

It is like when liberals whine about what Tucker Carlson or someone else is ranting and raving about. It's dumb. Don't get played.

Many of these shootings result from officers messing with people over minor infractions, too. The jaywalking incident in LA comes to mind. They didn’t actually care that the guy was jaywalking, they could cite a thousand people per day for that but don’t.

They used the minor infraction as an excuse to stop him and see if he was up to other stuff. Is that good police work? It could be. Is it suspicious that they chose the black guy? I think so. Are they stopping young white men for the same reason? I’d say that’s unlikely. At the very least, I’d bet my house they do it more often with black guys.

That’s the rub. Black men, in my estimation (if you disagree, cool), get forced into interactions with police at a higher rate than white men. It doesn’t take much for a police officer to stop somebody. Since they can stop just about everybody for just about any reason, the question is what goes into their decision making process. If a 25 year old black man in shorts and a t-shirt walks across the street against the light at the same time a 25 year old white man in shorts and a t-shirt does, who is more likely to be confronted?

Reactions: bignish
No, that’s an absurd statement to make without proof. Does he overexaggerate the level of police brutality we have in this country to suit his agenda? Sure maybe but that hardly makes him racist.

Maybe?

I’d say we are past “maybe” being the answer to that question.

So much dumb. I am moving on. No more politics for me. No more social justice discussions.

ADVERTISEMENT