ADVERTISEMENT

Place to put my Nonsense Thread.

No. Did you build a ramp to make that leap or a trampoline? Human cannon?

It was impressive
It was your odd choice of analogy. My question was why is it reasonable for black people to be more concerned about black people being killed by police rather than people in general. You came back with a terrible analogy in the same thread that you accused someone else of making false equivalences.

Because they are black and it concerns them? At this point I feel people are playing dumb for fun, which makes me believe you actually agree with us and are having to go to this awful tactic in order to simply try to act like you don't agree. It would make more sense to just say, 'Yeah, that makes sense'.

It was your odd choice of analogy. My question was why is it reasonable for black people to be more concerned about black people being killed by police rather than people in general. You came back with a terrible analogy in the same thread that you accused someone else of making false equivalences.

Black people will usually be more concerned about things happening to black people. White people will usually be more concerned about things happening to white people. Americans are usually more concerned with the American economy than the Italian economy.

Because they are black and it concerns them? At this point I feel people are playing dumb for fun, which makes me believe you actually agree with us and are having to go to this awful tactic in order to simply try to act like you don't agree. It would make more sense to just say, 'Yeah, that makes sense'.
I am not playing dumb. I dont understand why it is reasonable for black people to be more concerned about black people being killed by police rather than people in general. That doesn't mean that I don't get that they do. I just don't find it reasonable.

And unlike what brook says above, I don’t think that white people in general care more about what happens to white people than they do about all people. There is certainly a demographic of the white population that does. You know... the racists white people.

Unity means us all coming together. Separating our concerns based on the color of our skin does not bring us together.

C-7BM6O.jpg

Many people feel that some police officers are more likely to shoot and kill a black individual than individuals who are white. That is concerning to them and something they worry about, especially if these people are black. It isn't that complicated tbh.

Reactions: brooky03
Many people feel that some police officers are more likely to shoot and kill a black individual than individuals who are white. That is concerning to them and something they worry about, especially if these people are black. It isn't that complicated tbh.
And that is a lie that keeps being perpetuated. I am also not struggling with the fact that they do in fact feel this way. So there is no complications with my thinking here. I just don't find it reasonable.

Lethal force being used on a 15 year old girl with a knife is terrible. He rushed to judgement early, but that's social media for you.
So you'd be ok with lethal force had she been 30? Thats such a silly take, bro. Her intentions was to try and kill. To commit murder. 15 or 30, it doesn't matter. She was attempting to take a life, dude. Sure the officer took a life---but he saved one too.

No chance I'd be a police officer with todays society. You're damned if you do---damned if you don't.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
The girl pink is lucky she wasn't shot too. Could have easily missed. I'm not mourning for someone going after someone else with a knife when a cop is on scene. But this country is too trigger happy, cops included.
What should he had done? What would you have done? What if it were your daughter on the other end of that knife? Its not like she was standing there, holding the knife, bro---She lunged at the girl, with the intent to fuking stab her. How is this even a ****ing discussion? When is it ok for the police to use deadly force---When they are shot, stabbed, etc, etc..?? SHould the cop have waited until the girl stabbed the other---then shot?

This shit is getting fukin ridiculous. If this were to white girls fighting, we don't hear a fukin peep. But a white officer shooting a black suspect is big news...It sells. ****ing sickening TBH.

So you'd be ok with lethal force had she been 30? Thats such a silly take, bro. Her intentions was to try and kill. To commit murder. 15 or 30, it doesn't matter. She was attempting to take a life, dude. Sure the officer took a life---but he saved one too.

No chance I'd be a police officer with todays society. You're damned if you do---damned if you don't.

The shooting being justified doesn’t make it a less terrible situation. And age does make it more tragic.

Reactions: cdbearde
The shooting being justified doesn’t make it a less terrible situation. And age does make it more tragic.
Where did I say it wasn't a terrible situation? Its terrible for all----Yes, including the police officer who took the life of a young woman. Not saying you specifically, but to many try and paint a different picutre, using age as their brush. That is wrong. And just as tragic.

Btw, are tasers dangerous or no? I’ve already made my stance clear that this shooting was clean. But I’m curious the thoughts on tasers now.

It seems that a taser in this case would have been tantamount to throwing marshmallows at the girl because tasers never work. But when a black guy was running away from a cop and randomly pointed a taser behind himself from 20 yards away, it was clear he was going to taser the cop to death or incapacitate him, grab his gun, shoot him in the head and go home and rape his dog.

Where did I say it wasn't a terrible situation? Its terrible for all----Yes, including the police officer who took the life of a young woman. Not saying you specifically, but to many try and paint a different picutre, using age as their brush. That is wrong. And just as tragic.

The post you were responding to said it was terrible lethal force had to be used on a 15 year old girl. Your reply seemed to be suggesting it wasn’t terrible.

Btw, are tasers dangerous or no? I’ve already made my stance clear that this shooting was clean. But I’m curious the thoughts on tasers now.

It seems that a taser in this case would have been tantamount to throwing marshmallows at the girl because tasers never work. But when a black guy was running away from a cop and randomly pointed a taser behind himself from 20 yards away, it was clear he was going to taser the cop to death or incapacitate him, grab his gun, shoot him in the head and go home and rape his dog.
And I am the one who is playing dumb. Christ..

Reactions: sgrooms
The post you were responding to said it was terrible lethal force had to be used on a 15 year old girl. Your reply seemed to be suggesting it wasn’t terrible.
I guess things do need to be spelled out for most of you....HIs post is an example of people painting a different picture, using age as their brush. Of course its terrible. Its terrible in many ways. But trying to question an officers actions b/c she was 15, is just as bad.

THat was my point....Not sure why that was so hard to understand.

I guess things do need to be spelled out for most of you....HIs post is an example of people painting a different picture, using age as their brush. Of course its terrible. Its terrible in many ways. But trying to question an officers actions b/c she was 15, is just as bad.

THat was my point....Not sure why that was so hard to understand.

Is that what his post was doing, though?

See this is what I mean...Damned if you do---damned if you don't. Lets say he uses his taser---it doesn't stop her----She then stabs and kills the young woman...The cop then undoubtedly uses deadly force..

Now we have two(possibly) dead. And the cop is being crucified for NOT using his gun....

Un ****ing world we live in. People like you make shit 10X's more difficult than it is , Brooky. She was trying to fuking murder someone. JFC.

Many people feel that some police officers are more likely to shoot and kill a black individual than individuals who are white.
WHich we will never know---After all , when a white cop shoots a white suspect, we rarely here about it. So who knows....

WHich we will never know---After all , when a white cop shoots a white suspect, we rarely here about it. So who knows....

Not sure that's true. If a white person was shot by a police officer and video showed it was unjustified or questionable I think we would know about it. It may not be as big of a story but think it would be a story. Maybe not though. Are there examples out there?

I think many people underestimate how difficult a job police officers have. It isn't like a test where you get to think about a problem and then answer. Split second decisions have to be made in very stressful and volatile situations. I think they deserve a ton of credit most of the time.

In situations like this last one a taser isn't an option. In some other situations they are and it's fair to wonder why they weren't used. In cases like this dude who is going to jail it is fair to question what the hell he was doing. Those examples being out there probably make people feel nervous about interactions with the police. I know people who have been treated unfairly by some of them. I have a few times myself tbh. The difference is I never felt like I was in any danger of being harmed and some minorities I know feel differently. I understand that. I understand some people have zero interest in trying to understand it.

All situations are different and there are some who jump on the police even in situations where it is justified and there are some who defend them regardless. If that wasn't the case it would be a lot easier to talk about these issues.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Maybe you should care more when white people are killed wrongly by police then?
We should all care when anyone is wrongfully killed whether it be by a neighbor or a cop, black or white. The problem is, the vast majority of these cases are objectively justified but are viewed as criminal acts by the police. It is very rare that a person is wrongfully killed by the police. It's always tragic and it can in most cases be argued that other actions could have been taken. But it is almost never that the person killed by the police wasn't responsible for their own demise. We scream from the rooftops about reforming the police. But we never hear any screams for reforming society.

Maybe you should care more when white people are killed wrongly by police then?
Naaah....I have chosen a different route. I care period when anyone is wrongly killed(by the police).

Crazy, huh?

We should all care when anyone is wrongfully killed whether it be by a neighbor or a cop, black or white. The problem is, the vast majority of these cases are objectively justified but are viewed as criminal acts by the police. It is very rare that a person is wrongfully killed by the police. It's always tragic and it can in most cases be argued that other actions could have been taken. But it is almost never that the person killed by the police wasn't responsible for their own demise. We scream from the rooftops about reforming the police. But we never hear any screams for reforming society.

Sure you do. You just don't like those reforms (gun control).

Naaah....I have chosen a different route. I care period when anyone is wrongly killed(by the police).

Crazy, huh?

Then shut the fvck up when people are upset about it? Crazy, huh?

This....100% this.

Sure you do. You just don't like those reforms (gun control).
I am all for common sense reform on gun laws. Pretty stupid of you to make that assumption without having anything to base your assertions on. Is there something in my post that you disagree with that we can address specifically?

Then shut the fvck up when people are upset about it? Crazy, huh?
Sure, skippy....But how about we talk about shit that needs talked about....Not some situation where a person is trying to kill another person, and gets shot in the process. Do that, and I'll happily shut the **** up.

I am all for common sense reform on gun laws. Pretty stupid of you to make that assumption without having anything to base your assertions on. Is there something in my post that you disagree with that we can address specifically?

Wasn't saying you in particular. But the right has been decrying gun reform for a long time. They run on saying the liberals will take away your guns and have for my entire life. Police reform isn't just about killings either. They are relatively rare, yes. But there is a reason a lot of departments pay out millions every year. Because police like to use excessive force for minor things. NY paid out a BILLION dollars last year related to lawsuits against the NYPD.

Wasn't saying you in particular. But the right has been decrying gun reform for a long time. They run on saying the liberals will take away your guns and have for my entire life. Police reform isn't just about killings either. They are relatively rare, yes. But there is a reason a lot of departments pay out millions every year. Because police like to use excessive force for minor things. NY paid out a BILLION dollars last year related to lawsuits against the NYPD.
Paying out lawsuits isn't always an admit of guilt.

Nonsense. People talk about societal issues all the time.

Caring about being killed by a neighbor and a cop aren’t remotely close to the same things. Different issues and I’m not sure why they are discussed together here unless it is for avoidance.

Nonsense. People talk about societal issues all the time.

Caring about being killed by a neighbor and a cop aren’t remotely close to the same things. Different issues and I’m not sure why they are discussed together here unless it is for avoidance.
Look. I know it is your thing to be super neutral and reasonable. But good lord, quit being so damn stuck up. I was not comparing the two, I was saying that we should all have compassion for everyone who has been wrongfully killed no matter the situation or the race of the victim. And what societal issues are you talking about when you say people talk about them all the time?

Talk about avoidance, that is all you have done is avoid the overall points that I have attempted to make. Again, if there is something specific that you have an issue with that I have said, let's talk about that. Otherwise, you're just talking in circles.

Reactions: cdbearde
What exactly have I avoided? It isn't my thing to be anything. I just am the way I am. Not going to apologize for not being super biased one way or the other though. We certainly all have blind spots though. I think we would all be better off trying to understand why people feel the way they do about certain things.

Last edited:
Reactions: sgrooms
Everyone agrees people killed wrongfully deserve compassion. So what's to talk about there? That wasn't the topic. Every person alive agrees with that.

The topic was black and/or minorities discussing and speaking out on policing of certain people. I'm not trying to take it in another direction or conflate unrelated things.

ADVERTISEMENT