ADVERTISEMENT

Place to put my Nonsense Thread.

I think Lebron just doesn’t like when black people are shot by police officers. Sometimes his views are more justified than other times. Is there some degree of marketing in everything he does? Yeah. But I don’t think he talks about what he views as injustice just to to appease his liberal fans. That wouldn’t make a lot of sense. It seems like he has genuine feelings on the subject, which he shares.

Why does he speak out about violence among and against black Americans? Probably because he’s a black American. Why doesn’t he speak out against violence in China? Probably because Nike makes and sells lots of shoes there and he’s also not Chinese and not living in a China.

I don’t like Lebron. I don’t think he was right to post what he did about the officer in this shooting. I also don’t think he’s up to some nefarious plot to spread propaganda or hate.

Yes, I agree with this. I think this is basically what I was saying though. I said he had legit reasons (and should have them) to discuss the things he does but also knows that being out in front and loud is what the NBA wants right now. It is good for him to discuss the police issue because people who buy his merch and support him agree with it. That doesn't mean he doesn't believe it is a problem. What it does do it cause him to get out in front of it and be wrong IMO.

He ignores China because that benefits him. The issue isn't whether he would speak out on it, it is that he plays dumb when directly asked about it.

The issue of black on black crime as any sort of comparison is dumb. It is a separate deal. One is something every person alive thinks is an issue. Whether you think it is an issue because of poverty or years of learned helplessness or broken homes or whatever. There are rural white areas that suffer issues (not the same issues but devastating generational issues that are still present) that we don't discuss either. There is nothing controversial to debate really. What do you want people to say? That they want it to stop? Yeah, no kidding. The only debate is the why and the how to fix it but those are extremely complicated issues that most people aren't really able to discuss. They are also discussion that take place but they don't get front and center attention because people on both sides don't really get passionate about it. If black people are discussing crime in their own neighborhoods a bunch of people don't yell at them disagreeing with them that it is an issue.

With the police issue there is conflict and disagreement and things to discuss and consider that people strongly disagree on and everyone can have a quick and easy opinion on. That is what moves the needle/discussion today.

Reactions: brooky03
I guess they are gonna have to start training cops to shoot peoples knees out instead of central mass.

If you speak up about one injustice, are you required to speak up about all injustice? There’s a lot of injustice in this world. It seems like speaking against all of it in every instance every day would be pretty time consuming.

Everytime a black man shoots a white man or an Asian person or another black man, does he have to say that’s bad?

If I don't like people hugging me, but stay quiet when it's a white person and only say something when a black person tries to hug me, would that be OK with you? Or would that be considered racist?

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
If I don't like people hugging me, but stay quiet when it's a white person and only say something when a black person tries to hug me, would that be OK with you? Or would that be considered racist?

False equivalence.

If you speak up about one injustice, are you required to speak up about all injustice? There’s a lot of injustice in this world. It seems like speaking against all of it in every instance every day would be pretty time consuming.

Everytime a black man shoots a white man or an Asian person or another black man, does he have to say that’s bad?
The problem with the narrative is that every time a white person shoots a black person it's labeled as a racially motivated crime. We all know that's bullshit, but it's what the media feeds the masses and many of them are eating it up. BLM leaders love it, because they are buying muti-million dollar properties at the expense of the "movement". All they see are sheep and dollar signs. 😆

No, I don’t think he did.

What point are you making? That he selectively applies his moral compass? Because that’s just a thing all humans do. Every single one of us.

My point is in a case where two black victims were being assaulted and damn near murdered he chose to stick up for the person doing the assaulting and dox the hero who prevented the murder.

My point is in a case where two black victims were being assaulted and damn near murdered he chose to stick up for the person doing the assaulting and dox the hero who prevented the murder.

Right. In this case, he was wrong. He hasn’t been wrong in all cases.

How so? My issue isn't that he stays quiet some times and not others. It's that his decision of when to speak out and not speak out is based on the person's race whose committing the action. The equivalency is actually perfect.

Hugs are generally a good thing. Murder is a bad thing. You can’t equate a good thing to a bad thing.

He doesn’t like the way police officers treat black people, specifically. He doesn’t like when they kill black people. He probably doesn’t like the when they kill white people, but the killing of black people is a bigger issue to him, which is probably informed by him being a black guy who grew up in a poor area. Police were the bad guys there probably as often as they were the good guys, in the eyes of those living in those neighborhoods.

The race of the offending officers is secondary. Most officers happen to be white.

False equivalence.
This is actually what Lebron has issues with. He speaks out against cops killing black people without giving two shits about the facts of the case. He equivalates every police killing of black people without respecting the difference in each situation. It doesn't matter what said black person did to get in that position to begin with. And again, he only seems to have an issue with police killing black people.

Right. In this case, he was wrong. He hasn’t been wrong in all cases.
He means to make solid points but you can tell he didn’t receive a standard base level of education with the way he conveys his thoughts. He needs a proofreader and the ability to see his own racial bias from his upbringing. If he can give himself a pass he should probably give others a pass too.

The problem with the narrative is that every time a white person shoots a black person it's labeled as a racially motivated crime. We all know that's bullshit, but it's what the media feeds the masses and many of them are eating it up. BLM leaders love it, because they are buying muti-million dollar properties at the expense of the "movement". All they see are sheep and dollar signs. 😆

I disagree with most of this.

Mainstream media is reactionary, not causal. These stories are big because mainstream media picks up on social media interaction and interests. They’re not big because mainstream media decided to make them big. The narratives are handed to mainstream media not created by mainstream media.

This is actually what Lebron has issues with. He speaks out against cops killing black people without giving two shits about the facts of the case. He equivalates every police killing of black people without respecting the difference in each situation. It doesn't matter what said black person did to get in that position to begin with. And again, he only seems to have an issue with police killing black people.

I don’t have an issue with him only having an issue with police killing black people.

Hugs are generally a good thing. Murder is a bad thing. You can’t equate a good thing to a bad thing.

He doesn’t like the way police officers treat black people, specifically. He doesn’t like when they kill black people. He probably doesn’t like the when they kill white people, but the killing of black people is a bigger issue to him, which is probably informed by him being a black guy who grew up in a poor area. Police were the bad guys there probably as often as they were the good guys, in the eyes of those living in those neighborhoods.

The race of the offending officers is secondary. Most officers happen to be white.

You're arguing against someone else's point, not mine.

The hug or murder is irrelevant to my point. I used hugs specifically because they were about as opposite as can be.

And again, you're talking about the victim's race. Also irrelevant to my point. No issue that he just chooses to defend black victims.

You asked specifically if it would be an issue if he only spoke about against white officers and not black officers. I said Yes. And then provided an example of why that's an issue, which you still haven't addressed.

He means to make solid points but you can tell he didn’t receive a standard base level of education with the way he conveys his thoughts. He needs a proofreader and the ability to see his own racial bias from his upbringing. If he can give himself a pass he should probably give others a pass too.

He’s not very smart. He dunks basketballs good. Idk why people listen to him about things that aren’t basketball. He has every right to share his opinions on anything he chooses, I just don’t know why people care.

He’s not very smart. He dunks basketballs good. Idk why people listen to him about things that aren’t basketball. He has every right to share his opinions on anything he chooses, I just don’t know why people care.

I didn’t reference black officers, I referenced black people in general who commit murder.

It’s not racist to speak out on a group of people in the minority being unfairly targeted by a group of people in power and/or the majority. White people are the majority. Police officers are in power.

Does he dislike when an innocent white person gets killed by a cop of any color? Probably. Is it racist for him to not tweet about it? I don’t think so

Yeah, it seems reasonable for a black person to be more concerned with black people being killed by the police than many other issues or even examples involving police.

Reactions: brooky03

Mainstream media is reactionary, not causal. These stories are big because mainstream media picks up on social media interaction and interests. They’re not big because mainstream media decided to make them big. The narratives are handed to mainstream media not created by mainstream media.

Mainstream media has been corrupted for years now. They have agenda’s and no longer report the news. Their credibility is nil.

The headline is always something like, "white cop shoots, kills black man." These are the first headlines we see, before any details of the case are even released. The media puts these things out there, that is how we hear about them in the first place.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
People care because LeBron has a large audience of similarly unsmart people that eat up the nonsense that he spreads.

Reactions: toonces11
Unfortunately this is true.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
The headline is always something like, "white cop shoots, kills black man." These are the first headlines we see, before any details of the case are even released. The media puts these things out there, that is how we hear about them in the first place.

It goes 1 of 2 ways. Either a white cop shoots a black man and a video blows up on Twitter before the local news even gets ahold of it, or a white cop shoots a black man and the local news reports on it (usually matter of factly), people post that to Twitter and it blows up. That’s when mainstream media producers come in with their morning coffee and ask, “what’s hot in the streets?” and their assistant says ‘whitey shoots blacky’ is trending on Twitter. And the producer rolls with it.

It doesn’t go: 1) white cop shoots black guy. 2) CNN has analysts scour police scanner records from the night before to see if any white person in America shot a black person and then they pick their favorite to force down America’s throat against their will.

The stories become major headlines because people care. They don’t become major headlines and THEN people care.

You know that statement is not true. The race of the officer is primary. BLM is all about race.

images

You know that statement is not true. The race of the officer is primary. BLM is all about race.

BLM is about the perceived unfair and overly aggressive treatment of black people by law enforcement. That’s primary. The fact that law enforcement is mostly white is a part of it, a secondary part.

Reactions: RR30
Another innocent black man killed by a white cop in cold blood. Lebron is sick of it.

ADVERTISEMENT