ADVERTISEMENT

Place to put my Nonsense Thread.

And lol at the “tackle her” crowd. When you’re outnumbered by people willing to commit murder and/or be an accomplice to murder, you don’t roll the dice on tacking them while one is brandishing a deadly weapon.
Especially when there is a man kicking a woman in the head right next to you. You think that dude isn't going to start kicking you in the head as soon as you go to tackle the girl? 😆

He’s at least using his platform to bring to light issues of racial justice and trying to promote change. LBJ has donated millions to charities and done so much to help black youth with The Boys and Girls Club of America, Children’s Defense Fund, Gabriel’s Angel Foundation, etc.

LeBron is a role model for millions of people which is what made his rush to judgment today especially painful but he walked it back.

Tensions are high right now with the recent wave of police brutality.
Joe Biden is a role model for many, let that sink in.

Lol at triggered. You fail to actually discuss anyone's points. You just try to make them feel like they are saying something other than what they actually said. To be fair, that is giving you credit because it is better than the other option. So you're welcome.
You said repeatedly Lebron does what benefits him. Which is a bizarre point given his generosity and charitable ways. You did admit to his charitable ways. So you are kind of all over the place.

And lol at the “tackle her” crowd. When you’re outnumbered by people willing to commit murder and/or be an accomplice to murder, you don’t roll the dice on tacking them while one is brandishing a deadly weapon.

Use of force says you go 1 higher. They go fists, you go night stick/Taser, they go deadly-incapacitating weapon you firearm. LEO are there to Protect and Serve. Definitely qualifies as protecting the other girls life. Lebron was a fool to make a judgement without knowledge.

Why didn't MJ alienate conservatives?

You asked why anyone would alienate anyone at all if they were concerned about their bottom line. We can both agree that FOX News is almost entirely focused on their bottom line. Why would they alienate liberals?

Like, I’m genuinely wondering why you think FOX (and CNN) still does it if they are bottom line focused.

My theory is that FOX makes more money pandering to their base than they think they would telling unbiased news. Would you agree with that?

I think Lebron just doesn’t like when black people are shot by police officers. Sometimes his views are more justified than other times. Is there some degree of marketing in everything he does? Yeah. But I don’t think he talks about what he views as injustice just to to appease his liberal fans. That wouldn’t make a lot of sense. It seems like he has genuine feelings on the subject, which he shares.

Why does he speak out about violence among and against black Americans? Probably because he’s a black American. Why doesn’t he speak out against violence in China? Probably because Nike makes and sells lots of shoes there and he’s also not Chinese and not living in China.

I don’t like Lebron. I don’t think he was right to post what he did about the officer in this shooting. I also don’t think he’s up to some nefarious plot to spread propaganda or hate.

Last edited:
Reactions: bignish and sgrooms
I think Lebron just doesn’t like when black people are shot by police officers. Sometimes his views are more justified than other times. Is there some degree of marketing in everything he does? Yeah. But I don’t think he talks about what he views as injustice just to to appease his liberal fans. That wouldn’t make a lot of sense. It seems like he has genuine feelings on the subject, which he shares.

Why does he speak out about violence among and against black Americans? Probably because he’s a black American. Why doesn’t he speak out against violence in China? Probably because Nike makes and sells lots of shoes there and he’s also not Chinese and not living in a China.

I don’t like Lebron. I don’t think he was right to post what he did about the officer in this shooting. I also don’t think he’s up to some nefarious plot to spread propaganda or hate.
Do you think he’s a little racist?

Why does he speak out about violence among and against black Americans? Probably because he’s a black American.

Did he speak out against Ma’Khia Bryant and her father for the violence they were committing against black americans? I missed it if so.

You asked why anyone would alienate anyone at all if they were concerned about their bottom line. We can both agree that FOX News is almost entirely focused on their bottom line. Why would they alienate liberals?

Like, I’m genuinely wondering why you think FOX (and CNN) still does it if they are bottom line focused.

My theory is that FOX makes more money pandering to their base than they think they would telling unbiased news. Would you agree with that?

If it's about what benefits Lebron and merchandising wouldn't he just avoid upsetting conservatives on twitter ? That's alot of people getting alienated.

Colin Kaepernick triggered conservatives more than any athlete in recent history. How bad was that for his merchandise sales?

“Colin Kapernick is not even listed as the starting quarterback of the San Francisco 49ers as of September 6, but there is no player in the National Football League selling more jerseys than the backup QB.”

Not every athlete is going to be okay alienating people, but that doesn’t mean that alienating one group of people while drumming up support from another is inherently bad for their bottom line. That’s literally the business model that FOX and CNN seem to use. It doesn’t matter to FOX if they piss off liberals because they in turn please their base.

Did he speak out against Ma’Khia Bryant and her father for the violence they were committing against black americans? I missed it if so.

No, I don’t think he did.

What point are you making? That he selectively applies his moral compass? Because that’s just a thing all humans do. Every single one of us.

Do you think he’s a little racist?

I think everybody is a little racist. I think he’s a little racist, I think you’re a little racist, I think I’m a little racist.

‘A lot racist’ is when it matters (to me). I don’t think he’s a lot racist.

RT-700.06.jpg

Really off topic but just decided to bite the bullet and order this for my birthday. I’m stoked. Can’t wait for it to get here and start BBQing. Haven’t had good NC BBQ in years (Eastern NC. Not Western style because I’m not a heathen).

I think everybody is a little racist. I think he’s a little racist, I think you’re a little racist, I think I’m a little racist.

‘A lot racist’ is when it matters (to me). I don’t think he’s a lot racist.
So why is he tired of black people being killed by police and not tired of people being killed by police?

Reactions: JimboBBN
I have never heard LeBron say a word about black on black crime (a MUCH, MUCH bigger issue)

Instead he has to pick apart situations where most of the time, at the very least, its not a black and white situation to begin with.

He's a total clown. Its nice to see the sports media, including quite a few black reporters, call him out for his hypocrisy and bullshit.

We do, look at how many black men are in prison. They commit crimes -> they get arrested -> they do prison time.

We have a long checkered history of overpolicing these black neighborhoods for petty drug crimes, littering, shoplifting, etc. that have led to African American males being locked up for many years while their white counterpart has gotten away with a slap on the wrist.

But it’s not all about race. It’s about wealth. If you can afford a lawyer, You are likely to get a lesser sentence esp on misdemeanors.

But it’s not just all about black and white, or race. There are plenty of black people that are part of the judicial system, it’s prejudiced against poor people, regardless of their skin color.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
Is that why he only has something to say when he can blame White people?

I thought he was blaming police officers..

And if he decides only to speak up when white officers kill black people, is that bad?

Last edited:

If you speak up about one injustice, are you required to speak up about all injustice? There’s a lot of injustice in this world. It seems like speaking against all of it in every instance every day would be pretty time consuming.

Everytime a black man shoots a white man or an Asian person or another black man, does he have to say that’s bad?

ADVERTISEMENT