ADVERTISEMENT

Place to put my Nonsense Thread.

Show me on the doll where Cali touched you. Vegas is a shitehole. Sooner you accept it, the better. There’s a reason people are not flocking to the middle of the meth desert. Only people that aren’t from or have lived in California, hate it. Generally people who’ve never stepped foot inside the state. Btw, I saw human feces in downtown Louisville last time I was there. It’s spreading the the Midwest and east coast. I call it a movement. 🥸
You're obviously not paying attention. People absolutely ARE flocking to Las Vegas, and the majority are from California where they can't afford to live anymore (and for a plethora of other reasons). I'm guessing it's likely you've never even been to Vegas.

December 16, 2020
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — State officials say California's population growth has slowed to the lowest rate on record. For the second year in a row, more people left the state than moved there. The result was a net migration loss of 135,600 people.
People left the state in similar numbers as they did last year. but far fewer people moved to California, especially from April to June, when the state was under a stay-at-home order because of the pandemic.

As a person who specializes in finding people a new place to live, Sacramento realtor Kellie Swayne is not surprised. "Affordability has just plummeted over the years (in California)," Swayne said. "The amount of money that it takes for someone to purchase and maintain a home here in California is a much higher expense than in many of the other nearby states.” While Sacramento tends to be more affordable than areas like San Francisco, she said that some of her clients are eyeing homes in places like Nevada, Idaho, and Arizona.

Meanwhile, Las Vegas was once again the 2nd fastest growing city in 2020 and has been among the top 3-5 for probably 2 decades now.
2000 population - 1.4 million
2010 population - 2 million
2020 population - 2.8 million

Check the population rates for LA and SF over the same time period.

You missed my last sentence. When the white applicant is much more qualified, the white applicant gets hired. When they’re equally qualified, the black applicant gets hired (if the company lacks minorities).
I didn't miss anything.

You're obviously not paying attention. People absolutely ARE flocking to Las Vegas, and the majority are from California where they can't afford to live anymore (and for a plethora of other reasons). I'm guessing it's likely you've never even been to Vegas.

December 16, 2020
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — State officials say California's population growth has slowed to the lowest rate on record. For the second year in a row, more people left the state than moved there. The result was a net migration loss of 135,600 people.
People left the state in similar numbers as they did last year. but far fewer people moved to California, especially from April to June, when the state was under a stay-at-home order because of the pandemic.

As a person who specializes in finding people a new place to live, Sacramento realtor Kellie Swayne is not surprised. "Affordability has just plummeted over the years (in California)," Swayne said. "The amount of money that it takes for someone to purchase and maintain a home here in California is a much higher expense than in many of the other nearby states.” While Sacramento tends to be more affordable than areas like San Francisco, she said that some of her clients are eyeing homes in places like Nevada, Idaho, and Arizona.

Meanwhile, Las Vegas was once again the 2nd fastest growing city in 2020 and has been among the top 3-5 for probably 2 decades now.
2000 population - 1.4 million
2010 population - 2 million
2020 population - 2.8 million

Check the population rates for LA and SF over the same time period.
Like I said, a lot of broke broads infiltrating. I moved to another expensive city, however I sold my house in N. California for almost three times the amount of what my house is in NW Chicago. (Might I add) my new place in Chicago is fuggin awesome, plus this city is great. I guess I have the luxury of not dealing with tomfoolery or crime. I didn’t in CA either. My point is, shitty parts of cities exist everywhere. I loved SF, but you wouldn’t catch my dead in the tenderloin or filmore, bay view, etc. why would I go to those neighborhoods? Same with Louisville...why would I visit the west end? That doesn’t encapsulate Louisville. Getting into why said neighborhoods are the way they are, is a different conversation.

Like I said, a lot of broke broads infiltrating. I moved to another expensive city, however I sold my house in N. California for almost three times the amount of what my house is in NW Chicago. (Might I add) my new place in Chicago is fuggin awesome.
Has it got a shed? ;)

Reactions: UL_1986
Like I said, a lot of broke broads infiltrating. I moved to another expensive city, however I sold my house in N. California for almost three times the amount of what my house is in NW Chicago. (Might I add) my new place in Chicago is fuggin awesome, plus this city is great. I guess I have the luxury of not dealing with tomfoolery or crime. I didn’t in CA either. My point is, shitty parts of cities exist everywhere. I loved SF, but you wouldn’t catch my dead in the tenderloin or filmore, bay view, etc. why would I go to those neighborhoods? Same with Louisville...why would I visit the west end? That doesn’t encapsulate Louisville. Getting into why said neighborhoods are the way they are, is a different conversation.
Yep, every major city in America has crime, drugs, etc. etc.

Like you said, you sold your California home for 3x the price of your Chicago home (even though Chicago is an expensive city itself). That is the main reason people are leaving California, the cost of living is ridiculous and the taxes are a joke. That's why so many Californians are flocking to Reno and LV (and driving the housing markets through the roof).

Yep, every major city in America has crime, drugs, etc. etc.

Like you said, you sold your California home for 3x the price of your Chicago home (even though Chicago is an expensive city itself). That is the main reason people are leaving California, the cost of living is ridiculous and the taxes are a joke. That's why so many Californians are flocking to Reno and LV (and driving the housing markets through the roof).
It’ll only make California a little less expensive (maybe) . Same thing happened in Seattle. I have a couple friends that work in Reno as engineers for Tesla. Apparently Reno is starting to blow up exponentially, as you said.

So you think these vaccines might cause cancer-aids-diabetes-autism months and years from now based on a hunch. So we what? We wait 5 years and let tens of millions die? Is that what should have been done instead of ‘rushing’ a vaccine based on technology discovered 3 decades ago?
That's another issue. We were talking about you stating as fact that the vaccine almost never causes adverse effects.

SF dealt with such a weird social media/tech upswing in the early 00s to present, that it really changed the city itself. For better or for worse.

It’ll only make California a little less expensive (maybe) . Same thing happened in Seattle. I have a couple friends that work in Reno as engineers for Tesla. Apparently Reno is starting to blow up exponentially, as you said.
Oh yeah, Reno is booming. Housing prices have probably doubled in the last 5 years. "The biggest little city in the world" moniker won't apply much longer.

That's another issue. We were talking about you stating as fact that the vaccine almost never causes adverse effects.

It is factual that the Covid vaccines almost never cause adverse effects. I guess you could argue what counts as ‘almost never’ and how severe the effects have to be to count. I’m not interested in that. The data so far shows that the vaccines cause harm in impossibly rare cases.

That’s awesome! Nothing makes me smile more than electrical appliances in water.
E3cDEn4VEAMzI41

Communism is equality of outcome

Equal opportunity already exists in this country. No institution can't discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, or age. Everyone already has the chance to compete for every job or educational opportunity out there. What you are arguing is there aren't equal resources - and that people aren't starting off on the same footing. Yes, we all get that. But, if that's what you're crying about, then the term 'equal opportunity' doesn't exist.

You will never, ever have everyone, or even a majority of people, starting off on the same foot. The best we'll ever get is this: "Hey, how about we make it illegal to preclude anyone from an opportunity based on their immutable characteristics?" Response: "Nah, man. That's not fair. We need to make it 'equal' by bestowing additional opportunities for certain groups." Counter-response: "Wait, if we're giving more opportunities for some, is it really equal opportunity?" The last statement is obviously true, but Kamala and liberals alike disagree on what equal opportunity looks like.

It's much likelier that you'll find equal resources in a Communist country than in a free market. Funny thing is, at some point providing additional opportunities to arrive at "equal opportunity" has to stop, right? Just not sure you guys even know what that would look like. The whole premise is flawed if you don't know what the end results should be (i.e. when you say, "okay everybody is on their own now"). If you were to suggest, "Well, the results should be relatively similar." If the results are similar, then rest assured, there wasn't equal opportunity. You don't even have equal outcomes among siblings in the same family. To suggest that different cultures and sub-cultures would produce similar outcomes is laughable.

I was only wondering how former highly visible players have done as coaches in higher profile jobs that are still coaching or recently stopped, because Dixon fits that criteria of being a former highly visible player, wasn't making a hypothesis on those guys success level. Some have done great others maybe not.

I'm well aware of mid-major coaches succeeding at the highest level I wasn't thinking about that subgroup/criteria.

How are you defining highly visible? I mean, there are lots of former Duke guys with head coaching jobs. Bobby Hurley, Chris Collins, Jeff Capel, Kenny Blakeney, Tommy Amaker, Johnny Dawkins, Greg Paulus, and Nate James all have HC positions. Mo Williams led Alabama to a 2 seed and had a successful NBA career, but many many not remember him. Or Jerod Haase. Or Sean Woods. Or Mark Pope. Or Mike Woodson.

Bobby Hurley and Johnny Dawkins were at least All-Americans, as were Mullin, Ewing, and Dixon. So, perhaps you're talking about at an All-American level?

Currently waiting on the wife to get home, she's been gone since Sunday night, should be here in about 3 hours. Our skype chat looks almost like this. I'm sure she's tired of it.

She'll be gone again next week for a license training in Nashville. I apologize in advance.

Last edited:
How are you defining highly visible? I mean, there are lots of former Duke guys with head coaching jobs. Bobby Hurley, Chris Collins, Jeff Capel, Kenny Blakeney, Tommy Amaker, Johnny Dawkins, Greg Paulus, and Nate James all have HC positions. Mo Williams led Alabama to a 2 seed and had a successful NBA career, but many many not remember him. Or Jerod Haase. Or Sean Woods. Or Mark Pope. Or Mike Woodson.

Bobby Hurley and Johnny Dawkins were at least All-Americans, as were Mullin, Ewing, and Dixon. So, perhaps you're talking about at an All-Americ
I'd count all those guys you mentioned

Chicago: the bastion of safety

Equal opportunity already exists in this country. No institution can't discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, or age. Everyone already has the chance to compete for every job or educational opportunity out there. What you are arguing is there aren't equal resources - and that people aren't starting off on the same footing. Yes, we all get that. But, if that's what you're crying about, then the term 'equal opportunity' doesn't exist.

You will never, ever have everyone, or even a majority of people, starting off on the same foot. The best we'll ever get is this: "Hey, how about we make it illegal to preclude anyone from an opportunity based on their immutable characteristics?" Response: "Nah, man. That's not fair. We need to make it 'equal' by bestowing additional opportunities for certain groups." Counter-response: "Wait, if we're giving more opportunities for some, is it really equal opportunity?" The last statement is obviously true, but Kamala and liberals alike disagree on what equal opportunity looks like.

It's much likelier that you'll find equal resources in a Communist country than in a free market. Funny thing is, at some point providing additional opportunities to arrive at "equal opportunity" has to stop, right? Just not sure you guys even know what that would look like. The whole premise is flawed if you don't know what the end results should be (i.e. when you say, "okay everybody is on their own now"). If you were to suggest, "Well, the results should be relatively similar." If the results are similar, then rest assured, there wasn't equal opportunity. You don't even have equal outcomes among siblings in the same family. To suggest that different cultures and sub-cultures would produce similar outcomes is laughable.

Opportunity is not equal. We fundamentally disagree.

Opportunity is not equal. We fundamentally didisagree.

Some people just have a can't do attitude. You can either try hard and overcome adversity, or you can fall victim to adversity. But you have opportunity. Each generation that plays victim is only setting the next generation back.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
There is crime everywhere, but I don’t let that dictate my life, and what I do. I feel sorry for those who do let it dictate their lives. Bless their hearts.

Sounds like you do....

“I loved SF, but you wouldn’t catch my dead in the tenderloin or filmore, bay view, etc. why would I go to those neighborhoods? Same with Louisville...why would I visit the west end?”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT