ADVERTISEMENT

Place to put my Nonsense Thread.

Right on cue. šŸ¤£

It's actually a lot more than that, but I think everybody realizes it's not a high %. However, we're talking about an age group that would likely be asymptomatic if they caught Covid. Now several hundred (confirmed/so far) have heart inflammation, which is not something to take lightly.

Those are official CDC numbers. Itā€™s not ā€œa lot higher than thatā€

Right, so all of the police interactions, the non-deadly type which is voluminous for black people, account for the lower rates of shootings against them? The Harvard study does confirm this, yes. That makes sense. And if you use violent crime statistics, the number is lower for black people, again. So, whether you're using all interactions, or violent crime statistics, the rate at which LEO shoot at black people is lower in both cases.

One simple reason why black people have more interactions with the police is because they live in areas with disproportionate crime rates. Of course they're going to have more interactions. You expect cops to equally distribute their time among all the different neighborhoods? That would be dumb, dumb, dumb.

It's funny to me that liberals will try so hard to disprove the mountain of evidence that shows there isn't any significant racial bias in policing. Would it be so bad if America really wasn't as racist as some are making it out to be?

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Just got back from the Dr. He made me promise I would get the vaccine before the fall started. I really like the guy, super cool dude. If (when) they get full FDA approval, I will get one. I think it will just be a few more months.

Look at Rob Dauster casually using the words systemic racism to explain why HBCU coaches aren't being hired by other conferences. My goodness. When you are the two lowest rated conferences for 8 consecutive years, there's only been 1 top 100 KenPom team among all HBCU over the course of a 20 year period (NCCU was #92 in 2014), then maybe it has a little more to do with the results than "systemic racism."

I also like how they're blaming this on the SIDs. Come on. Take some responsibility for your Ls.

Last edited:
Right on cue. šŸ¤£

It's actually a lot more than that, but I think everybody realizes it's not a high %. However, we're talking about an age group that would likely be asymptomatic if they caught Covid. Now several hundred (confirmed/so far) have heart inflammation, which is not something to take lightly.

Because the CDC Covid death data is only reported in age groups, I had to extrapolate a bit. But the US has experienced about 900 Covid deaths (where Covid is the primary cause, not some other additional disease) in the 16-24 age group. The population of that age group in the US is about 42 million.

If every single person in that age group had caught Covid, thatā€™s an incredibly conservative death rate of 0.00214%. Itā€™s likely higher because itā€™s unlikely all 42 million caught it.

Approximately 13 million in that age group have been fully vaccinated (I used 13,140,000 because itā€™s estimated 9% of those vaccinated are in this age group). 0.00172% would experience some degree of heart inflammation, which hasnā€™t caused hospitalization in most cases. 0.00035% would have ongoing symptoms. 0.00002% would be in the ICU.

So, 900 deaths at the very least (again, a conservative estimate) due to Covid. Compared to 722 cases of heart inflammation, most of which donā€™t require hospitalization; the symptoms resolve themselves quickly. Or 147 who will see ongoing symptoms. Or 10 who will go to the ICU. There have been no reported deaths due to heart inflammation from the vaccine.

lol nice. I laughed pretty hard, actually.

The whole CRT/Equity movement is asinine. Yes, let's achieve racial harmony/unity by dividing each other into races. And we'll create equal opportunity by favoring certain groups with more opportunities. It's completely backwards.

Opportunity needs to be equal. Right now, itā€™s not.

• Haha
Reactions: JimboBBN

Look at Rob Dauster casually using the words systemic racism to explain why HBCU coaches aren't being hired by other conferences. My goodness. When you are the two lowest rated conferences for 8 consecutive years, there's only been 1 top 100 KenPom team among all HBCU over the course of a 20 year period (NCCU was #92 in 2014), then maybe it has a little more to do with the results than "systemic racism."

I also like how they're blaming this on the SIDs. Come on. Take some responsibility for your Ls.
Juan needs another couple years at Coppin before he returns to College Park.

Would love to see the guy that compiles all the lists (Duke guy) put together a list of coaches that were fairly recently former players from mainstream schools...that are now coaching in D1, or have coached recently in D1. Any successes? Definition of success depends where you are I guess.

Juwaan Howard comes to my mind. But so does Chris Mullin.

You know what really f8cking pisses me off. GD stickers on products you buy that don't come off.

A(wo)men. I replaced some bedroom doors and the adhesive they used for the stickers on the edge of them is NASA quality. I eventually peeled one off then just decided to paint over the others.

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Because the CDC Covid death data is only reported in age groups, I had to extrapolate a bit. But the US has experienced about 900 Covid deaths (where Covid is the primary cause, not some other additional disease) in the 16-24 age group. The population of that age group in the US is about 42 million.

If every single person in that age group had caught Covid, thatā€™s an incredibly conservative death rate of 0.00214%. Itā€™s likely higher because itā€™s unlikely all 42 million caught it.

Approximately 13 million in that age group have been fully vaccinated (I used 13,140,000 because itā€™s estimated 9% of those vaccinated are in this age group). 0.00172% would experience some degree of heart inflammation, which hasnā€™t caused hospitalization in most cases. 0.00035% would have ongoing symptoms. 0.00002% would be in the ICU.

So, 900 deaths at the very least (again, a conservative estimate) due to Covid. Compared to 722 cases of heart inflammation, most of which donā€™t require hospitalization; the symptoms resolve themselves quickly. Or 147 who will see ongoing symptoms. Or 10 who will go to the ICU. There have been no reported deaths due to heart inflammation from the vaccine.

It's not possible to deliver an "L" here. There's no way to prove that someone who received the vaccine has zero underlying health complications or that they will have none longterm. But there are confirmed cases of complications and death.

Meanwhile, Fauci apologists are definitely taking an L. But of course you won't admit it.

A(wo)men. I replaced some bedroom doors and the adhesive they used for the stickers on the edge of them is NASA quality. I eventually peeled one off then just decided to paint over the others.
Yea---Im not sure what they use but its taking years off my life, im sure of it.

Juan needs another couple years at Coppin before he returns to College Park.

Needs to at least show he can have a couple of back-to-back winning seasons. I'd hope he's not first on Maryland's list to replace Turge.

Would love to see the guy that compiles all the lists (Duke guy) put together a list of coaches that were fairly recently former players from mainstream schools...that are now coaching in D1, or have coached recently in D1. Any successes? Definition of success depends where you are I guess.

Juwaan Howard comes to my mind. But so does Chris Mullin.
Not sure what you're trying to get at exactly. Bill Self started his D1 HC experience at Oral Roberts; Chris Holtmann was at Gardner-Webb; Chris Beard was at Arkansas Little Rock; Jay Wright began at Hofstra. Obviously it helps to start at a top-tier program. But, plenty of mid-major head coaches have moved up into elite positions.

The whole point of the back-and-forth was to demonstrate the falsity of the narratives being crafted by the MSM and likeminded individuals. And you replied back previously. Now it seems like you just want to change the goalposts and say, "Well... there are other issues."

Okay, so what are the other issues? We're still talking about policing, right? That's why I originally quoted you in the first place.
"Because cops keep shooting people theyā€™re not supposed to. Criminals who donā€™t comply arenā€™t supposed to be shot. Being a bad listener isnā€™t supposed to be a death sentence." - Brooky

I tried to make a tangential point like this about the homeless people in Cali. Some like to point to that as a sign Cali is trash. Itā€™s just easier to be homeless in a place with little rain and nice weather year round.
1. Cali is trash.
2. It's just easier to be homeless in a place where you can drop your shorts at the biggest intersection in the city and just take a massive shit and people cheer you on.
3. You haven't been to San Francisco if you think the weather is always nice and it doesn't rain. Los Angeles is also the most polluted city in North America.

• Haha
You talking about the scholarship and grant money people receive just because they aren't white?
No, he's talking about the black guy that got hired over you (the much more qualified applicant) just because the company has to hire a certain percentage of minorities.

This is the one I get a kick out of the most:

"Equality for all! Skin color shouldn't matter!!"

"There aren't enough black head coaches in NFL, NBA, MLB, NCAA, etc...."

So is it about race or not? Make up your minds. šŸ˜†

Reactions: olsonab
It's not possible to deliver an "L" here. There's no way to prove that someone who received the vaccine has zero underlying health complications or that they will have none longterm. But there are confirmed cases of complications and death.

Meanwhile, Fauci apologists are definitely taking an L. But of course you won't admit it.

You want the vaccine to be dangerous. I get it. Iā€™m sorry hard evidence shows thatā€™s not the case.

You want 5G to be dangerous. Iā€™m sorry itā€™s not.

Iā€™m truly sorry

Needs to at least show he can have a couple of back-to-back winning seasons. I'd hope he's not first on Maryland's list to replace Turge.

Not sure what you're trying to get at exactly. Bill Self started his D1 HC experience at Oral Roberts; Chris Holtmann was at Gardner-Webb; Chris Beard was at Arkansas Little Rock; Jay Wright began at Hofstra. Obviously it helps to start at a top-tier program. But, plenty of mid-major head coaches have moved up into elite positions.

I was only wondering how former highly visible players have done as coaches in higher profile jobs that are still coaching or recently stopped, because Dixon fits that criteria of being a former highly visible player, wasn't making a hypothesis on those guys success level. Some have done great others maybe not.

I'm well aware of mid-major coaches succeeding at the highest level I wasn't thinking about that subgroup/criteria.

You want the vaccine to be dangerous. I get it. Iā€™m sorry hard evidence shows thatā€™s not the case.

You want 5G to be dangerous. Iā€™m sorry itā€™s not.

Iā€™m truly sorry
I do?

So, out of curiosity, at what point does something become dangerous? When half the world is dying from exposure to it?

If even a few people are dying from something, I consider it a dangerous risk. And no....your light bulb analogy is not good.

No, he's talking about the black guy that got hired over you (the much more qualified applicant) just because the company has to hire a certain percentage of minorities.

Thatā€™s not how affirmative action works. When you have two equal applicants and a dearth of minorities working in the business, youā€™re supposed to hire the black one. When you have a more qualified white applicant, you hire the white one.

Thatā€™s the way it works IRL.

I do?

So, out of curiosity, at what point does something become dangerous? When half the world is dying from exposure to it?

If even a few people are dying from something, I consider it a dangerous risk. And no....your light bulb analogy is not good.

When cases of adverse affects are anything but extremely rare and/or when cases of death are anything but extremely rare. Thatā€™s when something can be called dangerous.

Right now, we know that the vaccines almost never cause adverse health effects and almost never cause death. 99.99% safe is close enough to 100% considering this virus has killed millions of people.

And we know from previous vaccine history that vaccines donā€™t tend to cause long term health problems.

So which part of these vaccines almost never hurting people do you take issue with?

10 people going to the ICU out of 42 million is worse than 900 dying out of 42 million?

Reactions: UL_1986
I do?

Curious. You have childhood vaccines correct? MMR, Varicella, Hep A, Hep B, TB, Tdap, Etc?

1. Cali is trash.
2. It's just easier to be homeless in a place where you can drop your shorts at the biggest intersection in the city and just take a massive shit and people cheer you on.
3. You haven't been to San Francisco if you think the weather is always nice and it doesn't rain. Los Angeles is also the most polluted city in North America.
Show me on the doll where Cali touched you. Vegas is a shitehole. Sooner you accept it, the better. Thereā€™s a reason people are not flocking to the middle of the meth desert. Only people that arenā€™t from or have lived in California, hate it. Generally people whoā€™ve never stepped foot inside the state. Btw, I saw human feces in downtown Louisville last time I was there. Itā€™s spreading the the Midwest and east coast. I call it a movement. šŸ„ø

When cases of adverse affects are anything but extremely rare and/or when cases of death are anything but extremely rare. Thatā€™s when something can be called dangerous.

Right now, we know that the vaccines almost never cause adverse health effects and almost never cause death. 99.99% safe is close enough to 100% considering this virus has killed millions of people.

And we know from previous vaccine history that vaccines donā€™t tend to cause long term health problems.

So which part of these vaccines almost never hurting people do you take issue with?

10 people going to the ICU out of 42 million is worse than 900 dying out of 42 million?
Itā€™s an experimental vaccine that operates very differently than traditional vaccines. It was also rushed.

And no, we donā€™t know that these vaccines almost never cause adverse effects. Even if every adverse effect to date were identified and documented (give me a break), it tells us nothing of whatā€™s coming. Itā€™s like conducting a study of cigarette smoking and declaring no adverse effects after a month.

Stoked there arenā€™t social media scientists as there are apparent social media political scientists. Lol. Zoinks šŸ„ø

Reactions: brooky03
Itā€™s an experimental vaccine that operates very differently than traditional vaccines. It was also rushed.

And no, we donā€™t know that these vaccines almost never cause adverse effects. Even if every adverse effect to date were identified and documented (give me a break), it tells us nothing of whatā€™s coming. Itā€™s like conducting a study of cigarette smoking and declaring no adverse effects after a month.

So you think these vaccines might cause cancer-aids-diabetes-autism months and years from now based on a hunch. So we what? We wait 5 years and let tens of millions die? Is that what should have been done instead of ā€˜rushingā€™ a vaccine based on technology discovered 3 decades ago?

Thatā€™s not how affirmative action works. When you have two equal applicants and a dearth of minorities working in the business, youā€™re supposed to hire the black one. When you have a more qualified white applicant, you hire the white one.

Thatā€™s the way it works IRL.
You must have missed the part where I said "(the much more qualified applicant)"

You must have missed the part where I said "(the much more qualified applicant)"

You missed my last sentence. When the white applicant is much more qualified, the white applicant gets hired. When theyā€™re equally qualified, the black applicant gets hired (if the company lacks minorities).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT