ADVERTISEMENT

Place to put my Nonsense Thread.

You don’t have to be on the border to understand the border crisis and try to fix it. General Managers in sports don’t have to sit next to the coach on the bench to understand how to manage a team. Winston Churchill didn’t need to hop in an RAF fighter and get in a dogfight over the English Channel to understand how to defend Great Britain.

Being there in person would be for optics alone. If she wants to go, cool. If not, so be it. It has no bearing on her ability to fix it.
Sure.....I mean shes in charge of the border....Her job is to fix it. Seems to me , being in such a position, you would probably want to visit such place---Observe. See whats going one: How are people being treated....where are they being housed...Are the people you are in charge of doing their jobs, following protocols, etc, etc....Not to mention, getting to SEE what its like. The conditions..Talk to the people your in charge of....See what you can do, to make things better, easier, more efficient...

Ya know, silly little things like that.

Her going there has no bearing on here ability to fix it-----Right. I mean asides from neing able to see the issues, talk to the people who are dealing with the crisis first hand...talking with people who are trying to cross, and get reasoning as to why----Remember now, she want to get to the ROOT of the problem, and found out why people are leaving...I mean what better way to do that, than to well---talk to the people who are ACTUALLY leaving...I know---weird concept, huh?

You dudes will go to the ends of the earth to defend this clown show...

Remember, a blue checkmark on Twitter doesn’t mean the person is worth listening to.

Black kids are being influenced by experience more so than the media.

We need to stop with this ‘the media is pushing false narratives’ nonsense.

I'm sure some feel genuinely threatened by LEO when they're stopped. And many probably feel the cops don't have their best interests at heart. Also, it's very likely that many have been told from an early age to be cautious of the police officers. But, those feelings don't align with the vast preponderance of evidence.

This study, and this study, and this study, and this study all demonstrate that there is no racial bias in policing. One of those studies (the one conducted by the Harvard professor) even found that when you account for all of the police interactions by race, black people are 23.5% less likely to be shot by police than white people.

If we just looked at police shootings, then yes, the liberals might have a point. Blacks are disproportionately shot by LEO. But, it's a silly point because you can't expect equal outcomes with different cultures. If 25% of the population was comprised of Buddhist Monks, I wouldn't expect them to be responsible for 25% of the crimes. As it is, 3.5% of the American population (black men between the ages of 15-40) are responsible for 50% of all the murders. People can cry that the stats are flawed and biased, but guess what? With homicides, we find bodies - and we also know that roughly 90% of homicides are committed by a person of the same race. So, when you take in account for all of the violent crime committed by black people, there really isn't a whole lot of "racial bias" data to stand on.

It's alarming how much people overestimate the number of blacks killed by LEO. In this study, they found that 9 in 10 black people believe that more black people are killed by the police than in car accidents. The average number of blacks killed by LEO in the past 5 years is 238 (includes those that are armed). There's an estimate of 3,800 blacks dying from fatal car accidents per year, in the same time period. You're looking at a ratio of 16:1, and yet most black people are under the impression that the police are responsible for more deaths. FWIW, 70% of white liberals also believe that stat to be true.

Also, here's another telling piece of information. In 2013, 66% of black people believed that white-black relations were "very or somewhat good." I mention 2013 because that's the year BLM was created. By 2020, that number had dropped to 36%. You're telling me in a matter of 7 years that number had almost dropped in half? There are probably other contributing factors, sure. But, to tell me that the BLM and the MSM haven't factored into that HUGE drop would be a massive lie.

R-0321-EK-img2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I'm sure some feel genuinely threatened by LEO when they're stopped. And many probably feel the cops don't have their best interests at heart. Also, it's very likely that many have been told from an early age to be cautious of the police officers. But, those feelings don't align with the vast preponderance of evidence.

This study, and this study, and this study, and this study all demonstrate that there is no racial bias in policing. One of those studies (the one conducted by the Harvard professor) even found that when you account for all of the police interactions by race, black people are 23.5% less likely to be shot by police than white people.

If we just looked at police shootings, then yes, the liberals might have a point. Blacks are disproportionately shot by LEO. But, it's a silly point because you can't expect equal outcomes with different cultures. If 25% of the population was comprised of Buddhist Monks, I wouldn't expect them to be responsible for 25% of the crimes. As it is, 3.5% of the American population (black men between the ages of 15-40) are responsible for 50% of all the murders. People can cry that the stats are flawed and biased, but guess what? With homicides, we find bodies - and we also know that roughly 90% of homicides are committed by a person of the same race. So, when you take in account for all of the violent crime committed by black people, there really isn't a whole lot of "racial bias" data to stand on.

It's alarming how much people overestimate the number of blacks killed by LEO. In this study, they found that 9 in 10 black people believe that more black people are killed by the police than in car accidents. The average number of blacks killed by LEO in the past 5 years is 238 (includes those that are armed). There's an estimate of 3,800 blacks dying from fatal car accidents per year, in the same time period. You're looking at a ratio of 16:1, and yet most black people are under the impression that the police are responsible for more deaths. FWIW, 70% of white liberals believe also believe that stat to be true.

Also, here's another telling piece of information. In 2013, 66% of black people believed that white-black relations were "very or somewhat good." I mention 2013 because that's the year BLM was created. By 2020, that number had dropped to 36%. You're telling me in a matter of 7 years that number had almost dropped in half? There are probably other contributing factors, sure. But, to tell me that the BLM and the MSM haven't factored into that HUGE drop would be a massive lie.

R-0321-EK-img2.png

Why is violent crime the marker?

Why is violent crime the marker?

More likely to escalate in resistance or tension.

But, like I mentioned from the Harvard study, if you use ALL of the police interactions, then black people are still less likely to be shot.

More likely to escalate in resistance or tension.

But, like I mentioned from the Harvard study, if you use ALL of the police interactions, then black people are still less likely to be shot.

Getting shot isn’t the issue. Not the only issue, I should say.

Getting shot isn’t the issue. Not the only issue, I should say.

The whole point of the back-and-forth was to demonstrate the falsity of the narratives being crafted by the MSM and likeminded individuals. And you replied back previously. Now it seems like you just want to change the goalposts and say, "Well... there are other issues."

Okay, so what are the other issues? We're still talking about policing, right? That's why I originally quoted you in the first place.

The whole point of the back-and-forth was to demonstrate the falsity of the narratives being crafted by the MSM and likeminded individuals. And you replied back previously. Now it seems like you just want to change the goalposts and say, "Well... there are other issues."

Okay, so what are the other issues? We're still talking about policing, right? That's why I originally quoted you in the first place.
He's about halfway through progressivism for dummies. He'll get those talking points ready for you in no time.

The issue is and has been the policing of black people and communities. Those goalposts haven’t shifted. Shootings get headlines because they’re the extreme examples that draw the most eyeballs. That doesn’t mean shootings are the end-all be-all.

Following now?

The issue is and has been the policing of black people and communities. Those goalposts haven’t shifted. Shootings get headlines because they’re the extreme examples that draw the most eyeballs. That doesn’t mean shootings are the end-all be-all.

Following now?
What about the crime rates in the black community.

Police is the problem, but the crime rate isn’t. lol

And for this very reason we should stop the fearmongering. If black kids are being influenced by the media that they shouldn't trust the cops because they're corrupt and prejudiced, then they'll be much more likely to resist arrest. By perpetuating the narrative that the cops are targeting black people, the tension between black people and cops is actually being exacerbated. This shameful message against cops is making some black kids unnecessarily resist the LEO and play Russian roulette with their own life.
I wish they would do some tests/experiments with all black police forces in the mainly black communities.

I realize its racists, but id just be interested to see how much changes.

What about the crime rates in the black community.

Police is the problem, but the crime rate isn’t. lol

Crime rates correlate to poverty. Thanks to black people being granted equal rights about one grandparent ago, being poor and black is not uncommon.

This is the systemic racism part you guys like to pretend isn’t real. This is the part where Dukedevils mentions the ‘nuclear family,’ too.

Chicago has been surprisingly clean and less homeless than I expected. Perhaps it’s my neighborhood. Headed to green street meats tonight. (Insert penis joke here)
Hard to homeless in the chicago winter. Was also shocked at this when i visited and asjed my buddy where all the homeless people were, and he said chicago isnt where homeless people are, its where homeless people are from.

I wish they would do some tests/experiments with all black police forces in the mainly black communities.

I realize its racists, but id just be interested to see how much changes.

It’s a police problem, not necessarily a white police problem.

Hard to homeless in the chicago winter. Was also shocked at this when i visited and asjed my buddy where all the homeless people were, and he said chicago isnt where homeless people are, its where homeless people are from.

I tried to make a tangential point like this about the homeless people in Cali. Some like to point to that as a sign Cali is trash. It’s just easier to be homeless in a place with little rain and nice weather year round.

Crime rates correlate to poverty. Thanks to black people being granted equal rights about one grandparent ago, being poor and black is not uncommon.

This is the systemic racism part you guys like to pretend isn’t real. This is the part where Dukedevils mentions the ‘nuclear family,’ too.
What systematic racism still exists? What rights do other races have that AA don't?

Reactions: JimboBBN

Following now?

No. Because you haven't specified anything lol.

Agree about winter, but it’s warm here now and it’s way different than I assumed.

Everybody has equal rights under the law, now. That doesn’t mean systemic racism is gone and doesn’t play a role.
Lol you know they’re not gonna grasp any of this right? You can even talk about redlined neighborhoods and they’ll still find a way to blame African Americans. It’s fascinating.

Reactions: brooky03
Well give examples

Black people are more likely than white people to be stopped on the street or pulled over for minor/no infractions. When black people are punished, their punishments are more severe than their white counterparts for the same crimes, with similar criminal records. Education opportunities are worse for black people than white people, even with those race specific scholarships some of you like to pretend grow on trees and unfairly disadvantage white people. Affirmative action laws are, unfortunately, still very necessary to limit racial discrimination in hiring.

Black people are more likely than white people to be stopped on the street or pulled over for minor/no infractions. When black people are punished, their punishments are more severe than their white counterparts for the same crimes, with similar criminal records. Education opportunities are worse for black people than white people, even with those race specific scholarships some of you like to pretend grow on trees and unfairly disadvantage white people. Affirmative action laws are, unfortunately, still very necessary to limit racial discrimination in hiring.
tenor.gif

It’s a police problem, not necessarily a white police problem.
But that seems to be how its portrayed. I dont recall any protests or riots or even headlines over a black cop killing a black person.

hell there were headline for a white cop killing a black woman who was literally about to stab another black woman.

But that seems to be how its portrayed. I dont recall any protests or riots or even headlines over a black cop killing a black person.

hell there were headline for a white cop killing a black woman who was literally about to stab another black woman.

There have been non-white officers involved in some of the headline grabbing shootings. Maybe not black officers, but minorities nonetheless. Most of the police force is white, so most police shootings will involve white officers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT