ADVERTISEMENT

Paying College Athletes? Where do you see this going?

Conflicts of interest – What happens if a college program has an apparel contract with NIKE, but the star quarterback strikes a deal with adidas? I have no idea, and neither does anyone else.

*****​

Besides the Laettner shot I have no idea what you are talking about. I dont care about UK. You have been irrelevant in the last 10 years in my basketball watching. Calipari is a joke. Have you ever listened to him mic'd up? Heeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. He just yells for no reason. He seems like the same douche I competed against in HS. No one liked him then and now.
We're only relevant when you beat us lmao. BTw we were NC that year we punked your ass.

Conflicts of interest – What happens if a college program has an apparel contract with NIKE, but the star quarterback strikes a deal with adidas? I have no idea, and neither does anyone else.

*****​

That could happen. When doing program stuff, they wear what the program provides. Outside of a program activity they can showcase adidas. Probably would be a rare instance. Seeing how the shoe companies try to steer AAU guys towards their sponsored programs.

If this becomes wide spread I'll be surprised. However from what I took from it is a Florida company paying athletes to be on a certain team. Will be interesting to watch unfold.
There's a lot of $ moving around will probably take some time to figure out how to set rules and enforce.

It would be a shame if corruption found it's way onto the college football gridiron.

Calipari was supposed to be a gray area coach who paid his recruits hundreds of dollars.

I thought we'd have some deal like Miami by now.

no offense to allen, but i feel like athletes would be MUCH better served getting sponsors as opposed to trying to create their own line. Idk maybe the kid had an eye for fashion, but if not unless he ends up a nba star i dont see many outside of lex wanting dontai allen brand clothes.

that might just be rival hater bias tho

no offense to allen, but i feel like athletes would be MUCH better served getting sponsors as opposed to trying to create their own line. Idk maybe the kid had an eye for fashion, but if not unless he ends up a nba star i dont see many outside of lex wanting dontai allen brand clothes.

that might just be rival hater bias tho
He can get sponsors along with his brand/trademarks.

Reactions: Villian07
Wonder if a rival fan could have a player sign a contract, pay him, then have him shoot a commercial just dogging his own university 😂

I dont need to read/comprehend those i already got the info in my head.......most of the time.

how u gonna roast my ass before sunrise.....go back to bed.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Will the transfer portal become the free agency portal? Will NCAA go to two year commitments with LOI?
Will coach be able to 'fire' player?

This should....should mean all the Adidas stuff will go away.
Wasnt aware that was even an option.

I wouldnt be nearly as salty about the adidas stuff if i thought they spent 1/10th of the effort going after nike as well. I mean they literally were selling that adidas was getting into bidding wars with rogue coaches and programs and not nike. Not to mention they nailed two premiere adidas programs including a blue blood and then Zona was the biggest nike bust, who probably woulda skated if miller didnt hang himself. Same for LSU.

News flash no program or coach can outbid adidas, a hindred million dollar corp, or technicaly they could but they wouldnt be spending 6 figures for kids jist bc they are fans. nike can and did though. See Zion recruitment among MANY others.

Wasnt aware that was even an option.

I wouldnt be nearly as salty about the adidas stuff if i thought they spent 1/10th of the effort going after nike as well. I mean they literally were selling that adidas was getting into bidding wars with rogue coaches and programs and not nike. Not to mention they nailed two premiere adidas programs including a blue blood and then Zona was the biggest nike bust, who probably woulda skated if miller didnt hang himself. Same for LSU.

News flash no program or coach can outbid adidas, a hindred million dollar corp, or technicaly they could but they wouldnt be spending 6 figures for kids jist bc they are fans. nike can and did though. See Zion recruitment among MANY others.
To touch on your point a bit, NCAA has always been a farce. Selective enforcement at it's worse.

I just can't see them going forward and spending man hours on ppl pursuing all this any longer.

But again, with the NCAA, who knows?

Then again, what Adidas schools did would still be against the rules with the NIL.

Yea idk what all we are on the hook for, dont much care.

i mean they came out and said they had an agenda to “get pitino” bc the first sting they set up our asst walked out within 90 secs, so they set up another. I mean i thought that was the definition of entrapment.

Plus it was 100% adidas $$$, and i know they aint bidding against themselves for these guys.

But obv the probation doesnt help things. They will probly wait till we put together a potentisl contender then hammer us.

ADVERTISEMENT