ADVERTISEMENT

OT: How many turkey sandwiches have you had this morning.....

I cooked a small dinner for two the night of thanksgiving. But,I have had two neighbors bring me smorgasbord of food. They know we're miles from home and work constantly, and apparently they like me. Very grateful, although one brought ham, and I'm not a fan of ham. Wife is so she gets it.

I told the story on here before about a neighbor, old black lady, probably ~70, she'd take one of those cigarette lighter pumps to air up her tire each morning. I got tired of a)hearing it, and b) her having to do it everyday. So I plugged her tire free of charge,no questions ask other than "do you mind if I do this this".

She hooked me up the most.

I spent Thanksgiving Day with the wife’s family. There were around 50 people there. Everybody signs up to bring different items so no leftover turkey for me. Makes me sad.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
source.gif

I had three Thursday night, six on Friday, six on Saturday, three today. There is nothing I love more than turkey sandwiches. Nothing. First the turkey, then the stuffing, then the potato, then the gravy, on a potato bun. I wash my hands and make the whole thing by hand... you’ve gotta get the perfectly sculpted sandwich. Thirty seconds in the microwave per sandwich. Oh, and my mom makes an entire thing of stuff just for me, and my father in law cooks an extra turkey breast just for me. They hook me up. Love.

Last edited:
I spent Thanksgiving Day with the wife’s family. There were around 50 people there. Everybody signs up to bring different items so no leftover turkey for me. Makes me sad.
Fcuk, that...I don't care where we go---Borden's taking some ****in turkey home. Believe that.

We went to my brother-in-laws this year. Deep fried turkey. That shit is the SHIT. Love it. Other turkey was made as usual----via the oven. I got plenty of left over. Plus, just in case---I made a smaller turkey just for us.Laughing

Fcuk, that...I don't care where we go---Borden's taking some ****in turkey home. Believe that.

We went to my brother-in-laws this year. Deep fried turkey. That shit is the SHIT. Love it. Other turkey was made as usual----via the oven. I got plenty of left over. Plus, just in case---I made a smaller turkey just for us.Laughing
You still got my address? You should mail me some of that. Winking

I make up for it at Christmas.

Fried turkey is the way to go. We’ve been doing that for 20 years now. The only thing that is on its level is smoked. I still prefer fried though.

1) Green bean casserole
2) Stuffing
3) Turkey
4) Gravy
5) Rolls
6) Mashed potatoes

That’s what I look forward to the most for thanksgiving dinner. The rest is just kind of meh to me. I’ll take a little bit to be polite but I’m not excited about it.

My family has always made the same meal on Christmas. I think I may change that tradition when we have kids though. Prime rib seems to be a pretty popular Christmas Day dinner for some and I’m intrigued by doing that.

1) Green bean casserole
2) Stuffing
3) Turkey
4) Gravy
5) Rolls
6) Mashed potatoes

That’s what I look forward to the most for thanksgiving dinner. The rest is just kind of meh to me. I’ll take a little bit to be polite but I’m not excited about it.

My family has always made the same meal on Christmas. I think I may change that tradition when we have kids though. Prime rib seems to be a pretty popular Christmas Day dinner for some and I’m intrigued by doing that.
I've never ate green bean casserole before.

I had three Thursday night, six on Friday, six on Saturday, three today. There is nothing I love more than turkey sandwiches. Nothing. First the turkey, then the stuffing, then the potato, then the gravy, on a potato bun. I wash my hands and make the whole thing by hand... you’ve gotta get the perfectly sculpted sandwich. Thirty seconds in the microwave per sandwich. Oh, and my mom makes an entire thing of stuff just for me, and my father in law cooks an extra turkey breast just for me. They hook me up. Love.
I’m trying to picture this. First you get turkey slices, then you put stuffing on it, then you add mashed potatoes to it, then you pour gravy over it and then you put it all on a potato bun? And you eat nearly 20 of them in 3 days?

Laughing If it's not to much of an ask, how do y'all make it? I rather hear from a time test POV instead of just googling it.
I still make nothing on thanksgiving or Christmas. I’ve never not done either with multiple family members on either my side, my wife’s side or past girlfriends sides. I just drink wine, beer and I hang out.

I’m trying to picture this. First you get turkey slices, then you put stuffing on it, then you add mashed potatoes to it, then you pour gravy over it and then you put it all on a potato bun? And you eat nearly 20 of them in 3 days?
Laughing

I eat all sorts of food during the various Thanksgiving festivities. I do not like stuffing or dressing though.

Yep! Three for lunch, three for dinner. Does this seem excessive?

Yep! Three for lunch, three for dinner. Does this seem excessive?
I’d say it’s a bit excessive but I’m picturing one of those like how I’d probably make it. There’s no way that one of those doesn’t weigh atleast a pound if I’m putting it together for myself.

They do sound great though. Much different than the turkey sandwich I usually make.

Reactions: TheDude1
I’d say it’s a bit excessive but I’m picturing one of those like how I’d probably make it. There’s no way that one of those doesn’t weigh atleast a pound if I’m putting it together for myself.

They do sound great though. Much different than the turkey sandwich I usually make.

They aren't Dagwood huge... I make them on a Martins potato roll, and I've very careful not to let too much stuff fall out of the sides... they are tall, but when I make them, I compress them with even pressure around the entire outside of the top bun to "seal" all the tasty stuff into the sandwich... I can't stand a sandwich where stuff falls out the sides.

(I have been told I'm overly analytical and system oriented. Personally, I don't see an issue;) )

Make no mistake... it's a lot of food. And I usually have the munchies when I'm eating it:)

Reactions: schoonerwest
Anybody make anything regional, beyond the avergage bird, sweet potatoes, rolls, jello salad, GB casserole?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT