ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2021 NFL season general discussion thread

If I'm Cam I try to stay in shape and wait a few weeks for guys to get hurt. Some of these backups are probably trash.

From what I've seen of Mac Jones, he seems like a fairly weak-armed checkdown artist.

But if he turns out to be good, it just makes it that much funnier that Denver passed on him and Fields and is stuck w/ Lock and Bridgewater.
I dont trust mac just bc he was throwing to nothing but all americans at bama who were consistently wide open.

same for tua, but who knows how they will pan out.

That would be funny if he went there. He would take Teddy's job who took his in Carolina.
Was suprised teddy won that job. With a decent defense and denvers weapons they could have a nice year. Brutal division though

So looks like DeShaun is staying put, at least for now. I doubt he plays a snap this season. Isn’t he like 3rd on the depth chart?

Cant understand what the dolphins were thinking tbh, no way watson plays a snap this year.

Although miamis O would be filthy with him if he didnt have the off the court stuff.

regardless cant be good to be playing mind games with tua

Cant understand what the dolphins were thinking tbh, no way watson plays a snap this year.

Although miamis O would be filthy with him if he didnt have the off the court stuff.

regardless cant be good to be playing mind games with tua
It's a business. You can't prioritize babysitting somebody's ego over winning. Especially someone who hasn't accomplished jack.

That said, it's pretty annoying that there was such an outcry from around the league for KC to cut Tyreek Hill (who wasn't even charged with anything), yet everybody's tripping over themselves to acquire a guy who sexually assaulted dozens of girls. If it were a mediocre QB in this situation, he'd be out of the league by now.

Managing egos is part of the business.

If Tua wins it will be forgotten. If he doesn't they will look to upgrade.

It's a business. You can't prioritize babysitting somebody's ego over winning. Especially someone who hasn't accomplished jack.

That said, it's pretty annoying that there was such an outcry from around the league for KC to cut Tyreek Hill (who wasn't even charged with anything), yet everybody's tripping over themselves to acquire a guy who sexually assaulted dozens of girls. If it were a mediocre QB in this situation, he'd be out of the league by now.
I understand that first part IF watson was gonna be able to play this season.

No way he plays a down imo. And ur absolutely right, im a dodgers fan and weve lost bauer when he got his damn restraining order dropped bc the allegations were obv so bogus. Sexual assault twice, with the same guy?? Why would you ever meet up with him again if it wasnt consensual smh.

We're coming up on the first week of NFL. Let's talk about the least talked about. I am going with Tennessee. I could see where the Chiefs could possibly be the 3rd or 4th best team. Sounds ridiculous. But I can see Tennessee, Cleveland and Buffalo being better than the Chiefs. I can also see KC laughing at this notion.

In the NFC, I am going with a team not TB, GB or LAR to make it to the SB.

We're coming up on the first week of NFL. Let's talk about the least talked about. I am going with Tennessee. I could see where the Chiefs could possibly be the 3rd or 4th best team. Sounds ridiculous. But I can see Tennessee, Cleveland and Buffalo being better than the Chiefs. I can also see KC laughing at this notion.

In the NFC, I am going with a team not TB, GB or LAR to make it to the SB.
My biggest issue with Tennessee is the didn’t do much to fix their shit defense. Bud Dupree will help get pressure on the QB, but nothing much after that.

Reactions: GhostOf301
Saw headline Ravens worked out Le'Veon and Devonta Freeman. I don't think those guys have anything left. There's gotta be a better option buried on somebody else's depth chart they could poach for a late draft pick. Maybe they just don't want to trade a pick. Or maybe they don't see anything worth a sh!t out there.

It's officially week one, boys. Any game picks you guys wanna make?

WEEK 1

Thursday, Sept. 9
Dallas Cowboys at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 8:20 p.m. (NBC)

Sunday, Sept. 12
Philadelphia Eagles at Atlanta Falcons, 1 p.m. (FOX)
Pittsburgh Steelers at Buffalo Bills, 1 p.m. (CBS)
New York Jets at Carolina Panthers, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Minnesota Vikings at Cincinnati Bengals, 1 p.m. (FOX)
San Francisco 49ers at Detroit Lions, 1 p.m. (FOX)
Jacksonville Jaguars at Houston Texans, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Seattle Seahawks at Indianapolis Colts, 1 p.m. (FOX)
Arizona Cardinals at Tennessee Titans, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Los Angeles Chargers at Washington Football Team, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Cleveland Browns at Kansas City Chiefs, 4:25 p.m. (CBS)
Miami Dolphins at New England Patriots, 4:25 p.m. (CBS)
Green Bay Packers at New Orleans Saints, 4:25 p.m. (FOX)
Denver Broncos at New York Giants, 4:25 p.m. (FOX)
Chicago Bears at Los Angeles Rams, 8:20 p.m. (NBC)

Monday, Sept. 13
Baltimore Ravens
at Las Vegas Raiders, 8:15 p.m. (ESPN/ABC)

Reactions: GhostOf301
Love it when they drop four multiple afternoon kick times. When they only have two the day feels over too soon.

Browns/Chiefs - Game of day?

Saw headline Ravens worked out Le'Veon and Devonta Freeman. I don't think those guys have anything left. There's gotta be a better option buried on somebody else's depth chart they could poach for a late draft pick. Maybe they just don't want to trade a pick. Or maybe they don't see anything worth a sh!t out there.
We lost a 2nd RB and are now down to just 2. Unfortunately we’re going to have to pick another back up, don’t really want either of those guys, but we’ll see who they sign.

It's officially week one, boys. Any game picks you guys wanna make?

WEEK 1

Thursday, Sept. 9
Dallas Cowboys at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 8:20 p.m. (NBC)

Sunday, Sept. 12
Philadelphia Eagles at Atlanta Falcons, 1 p.m. (FOX)
Pittsburgh Steelers at Buffalo Bills, 1 p.m. (CBS)
New York Jets at Carolina Panthers, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Minnesota Vikings at Cincinnati Bengals, 1 p.m. (FOX)
San Francisco 49ers at Detroit Lions, 1 p.m. (FOX)
Jacksonville Jaguars at Houston Texans, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Seattle Seahawks at Indianapolis Colts, 1 p.m. (FOX)
Arizona Cardinals at Tennessee Titans, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Los Angeles Chargers at Washington Football Team, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Cleveland Browns at Kansas City Chiefs, 4:25 p.m. (CBS)
Miami Dolphins at New England Patriots, 4:25 p.m. (CBS)
Green Bay Packers at New Orleans Saints, 4:25 p.m. (FOX)
Denver Broncos at New York Giants, 4:25 p.m. (FOX)
Chicago Bears at Los Angeles Rams, 8:20 p.m. (NBC)

Monday, Sept. 13
Baltimore Ravens
at Las Vegas Raiders, 8:15 p.m. (ESPN/ABC)
Ones I have different are Philly, Indy, Miami and Denver.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Panthers fans are going to be SO disappointed by Darnold. Total dud.
You're probably right, but I think our coach can bring out his talent, if anyone can. The Jets have a history of being a terribly run organization. Darnold will have the best coaching and talent since he's been in the league this upcoming season. We will know probably within 6 games if he will be here more than one season or not.

Reactions: WojoRising
You're probably right, but I think our coach can bring out his talent, if anyone can. The Jets have a history of being a terribly run organization. Darnold will have the best coaching and talent since he's been in the league this upcoming season. We will know probably within 6 games if he will be here more than one season or not.
I’m not rooting against the guy at all, I’ll just say this, as a Jets fan - the Jets have two types of players; Good players with potential that they ruin, and bad players with no potential that they center their franchise around.

Unfortunately, I’ve always put Darnold in the latter category. I just never got the hype around him going back to his USC days. I’ll eat crow if I’m wrong, but I’d be surprised.

I’m not rooting against the guy at all, I’ll just say this, as a Jets fan - the Jets have two types of players; Good players with potential that they ruin, and bad players with no potential that they center their franchise around.

Unfortunately, I’ve always put Darnold in the latter category. I just never got the hype around him going back to his USC days. I’ll eat crow if I’m wrong, but I’d be surprised.
I think Zach will be really good for you guys. If Sam doesn't pan out for us, not sure when we will get out of QB purgatory. Our roster isn't bad enough to get the number one pick, even if Sam blows.

Reactions: WojoRising
I think Zach will be really good for you guys. If Sam doesn't pan out for us, not sure when we will get out of QB purgatory. Our roster isn't bad enough to get the number one pick, even if Sam blows.
Garoppolo will be available next season. Maybe even the middle of this season.

He'll likely be the best QB available and better than Darnold.
No thanks on choosing between the two. My guess is if Darnold fails, we make a big move in the draft. Jimmy G is not a franchise QB. If he was, you guys wouldn't have traded the farm away for his replacement.

He'll likely be the best QB available and better than Darnold.
Nobody touching this one but...

D Watson seems sort of available...

What's interesting is so many 2nd stringers are really young, so it's hard to say if any of them are good or not. Some face planted as starters, so maybe we know on them, but some of the others just haven't really played.

I agree, I think Wilson will fall into the category of players with potential the Jets ruin.

I’ll be rooting for Darnold - Outside of week one anyway, I have absolutely no hope for a win though, regardless of Darnold’s performance

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT