ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2021 NFL season general discussion thread

Saying that i did get burned on the saints using the same principle, but not nearly as much bc i dont trust hill and winston like i do teddy and lock. Plus without kamara thomas cook(TE) saints have few weapons on O.

Just figured without lamar and all the hurt receivers, ravens would struggle to score, and they did but so did NO 😂

Hell they are easier than regular nfl in my opinion. See who plays and who sits, what the gameplan is for each team. I mean like i said lock/teddy vs viking backup/3rd stringer and no cook or jefferson either i don’t remember about thielen but doubt he played much. Hell the backup rb mattison only got 1-2 careies
You think it’s easy to predict preseason outcomes?

Even coaches don’t know what they’re going to do half the time. Reid said that Mahomes and the skill players would play a quarter and they played one series.

And do you have a lot of knowledge about everyone’s 3rd and 4th string? Not to mention ganeplans are totally vanilla.

The last event I’d bet on is an NFL preseason game.

Reactions: dtgold88
You think it’s easy to predict preseason outcomes?

Even coaches don’t know what they’re going to do half the time. Reid said that Mahomes and the skill players would play a quarter and they played one series.

And do you have a lot of knowledge about everyone’s 3rd and 4th string? Not to mention ganeplans are totally vanilla.

The last event I’d bet on is an NFL preseason game.

Not all games. Id never touch the chiefs, bucs, packers, anyone who i know their starting qb wont play. Really any projected contender period.

I should have never said easier, i just meant sometimes you can find an angle on teams with no clear cut starting qb like the broncos/vikings game.

Plus im routinely terrible betting the regular season. Usually stick to college anyways.

Thats another thing, the gameplans are almost always vanilla, and unders will hit an awful lot, esp week one of preseason.

And im somewhat familiar with alot of teams backups/3rd stringers bc usually they are young and alot i remember from college, but obv not all.

Hell they are easier than regular nfl in my opinion. See who plays and who sits, what the gameplan is for each team. I mean like i said lock/teddy vs viking backup/3rd stringer and no cook or jefferson either i don’t remember about thielen but doubt he played much. Hell the backup rb mattison only got 1-2 careies
I wish I had the time to put in the work. I do love some NFL just never know who they are going to put out there.

Plus they were playing Denver who has a qb battle going, so they played against lock and then teddy got to come in against the backups.

I won some coin on that one. Prob take denver again this week if i can confirm lock is gonna come in second half like teddy did last week.

Thats not a normal week one preseason game, i mean cousins jefferson cook didnt play plus more im not as familiar with.

And this is coming from a packers fan.
I don't believe we played any of our starters, on either side of the ball, last week. Well, maybe DJ Wonnum at DE, but everyone else sat.

Reactions: Villian07
Interested to see if Lance gets some first team reps tonight. I think the plan is for Garoppolo to play the first quarter. I believe they are going to run more QB options with Lance tonight, so that will make a usually uninteresting game more interesting.

Lol. A guy named Easton Stick is the best QB on the field tonight. It doesn't mean anything, but he has made some pretty impressive plays in this game.

Yea its hard to take anything off the preseason imo. I rarely even watch GB preseason games.

Hell they been talking like the titans might cut former card dez fitzpatrick and he scored a td last titans game.

What is going on with DeShaun Watson? Texans plan on having him active, or are they going to trade him? Is the guy going to play anywhere, he has some legal issues pending right?

Ok I gotta admit don't follow NFL in preseason but it's pretty late should the guy have even played last night? Or do most teams give top guys a series or two still?
A lot of the offensive starters, like Lamar, hadn’t played in the preseason yet so they were going to get a couple series in this game. When Dobbins went down after the first series Harbaugh pulled all of them

A lot of the offensive starters, like Lamar, hadn’t played in the preseason yet so they were going to get a couple series in this game. When Dobbins went down after the first series Harbaugh pulled all of them
Mistake playing Dobbins or a risk they gotta take to get reps?

Injuries suck. Especially when it's at key positions. A lot of teams wouldn’t be terribly affected by losing their running back. But Baltimore runs their offensive scheme with Jackson through the running game. Not that Jackson is one dimensional, but his QB/RB options are a huge part of opening up his passing plays.

Injuries suck. Especially when it's at key positions. A lot of teams wouldn’t be terribly affected by losing their running back. But Baltimore runs their offensive scheme with Jackson through the running game. Not that Jackson is one dimensional, but his QB/RB options are a huge part of opening up his passing plays.
RBs are a big part. Everybody sees the highlight runs of Jackson when he pulls the ball out and takes off, but what you don’t see is the RB the 2 or 3 plays before running it down their throat. It’s not like an end of the world injury, but it definitely sucks not having JK to complement Lamar.

any idea who they'd target?
No clue availabilities... but a short list I'd look at...

Jamaal Williams now w Lions last year Pack?

What about Philip Lindsay or David Johnson with Texans they brought on Ingram so that's 3 guys they can't need all 3?

Marlon Mack Colts? He probably fits.

DeeJay Dallas Seahawks?

No clue availabilities... but a short list I'd look at...

Jamaal Williams now w Lions last year Pack?

What about Philip Lindsay or David Johnson with Texans they brought on Ingram so that's 3 guys they can't need all 3?

Marlon Mack Colts? He probably fits.

DeeJay Dallas Seahawks?
Heard someone else mention Gurley. at this point he might just be a name, but I guess worth a call.

The 49ers should get close to 200yds/gm this year rushing. Don't know what kind of stupid shit they're doing at QB, though.

The 49ers should get close to 200yds/gm this year rushing. Don't know what kind of stupid shit they're doing at QB, though.
Haven't followed it I assume the rookie is superior? Maybe the coach doesn't want to divide the locker room, let Garapolo face plant first?

Haven't followed it I assume the rookie is superior? Maybe the coach doesn't want to divide the locker room, let Garapolo face plant first?
Garoppolo has looked good in the OTAs. But he hasn't gotten shit for time in the preseason games. He played one drive in each of the first two games. And then yesterday he played in two drives and in both they took him out and put Lance in after they crossed midfield. If they're going with Lance, they should just go ahead and call it. You're not getting in a good rhythm bouncing back and forth between the QBs.

Patriots are releasing Cam Newton. Will the Colts pick him up?

Think its time for him to retire and come home.
He looked pretty good in the OTAs and in the preseason. He still has some juice left. This is the first year since 2017 that he has a healthy shoulder entering the regular season.

He looked pretty good in the OTAs and in the preseason. He still has some juice left. This is the first year since 2017 that he has a healthy shoulder entering the regular season.
His arm will never be the same again. If you watch videos of our team, going back to 2017 at the latest, Cam has never been an accurate passer. He made his name in passing my having a cannon for an arm, launching 50 yard bombs off his back foot. If you take that away from him, and its definitely gone, you don't have much left.

His arm will never be the same again. If you watch videos of our team, going back to 2017 at the latest, Cam has never been an accurate passer. He made his name in passing my having a cannon for an arm, launching 50 yard bombs off his back foot. If you take that away from him, and its definitely gone, you don't have much left.
Maybe. I would still say there is a team he could improve. Maybe the Broncos?

From what I've seen of Mac Jones, he seems like a fairly weak-armed checkdown artist.

But if he turns out to be good, it just makes it that much funnier that Denver passed on him and Fields and is stuck w/ Lock and Bridgewater.

ADVERTISEMENT