ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar Tshiebwe...

it happens
UL had the number 1 player in the country and could not get past the first weekend
i think UL was also the overall #1 seed

all those so called great teams Pitino had at UL and he managed to have more NIT's then FF's
Who was that [number one player]? Or are you being funny? Funny "ha-ha" that is.:p

247 that has "all-time recruit" rankings by school. According to 247..

Skal Labissiere is the 3rd best Kentucky recruit since 2000...Nerlens Noel is #1..Anthony Davis #2...Karl Anthony Towns comes in at #9. I think it's time they admit they are doing something wrong...

https://247sports.com/college/kentucky/Sport/Basketball/AllTimeRecruits

fwiw...Samardo Samuels would be the best recruit at Louisville in 18 years.
They are smoking the good shit. Rondo not even top 40 with a bunch of scrubs in front of him. Laughing

Reactions: bkingUK
WVU lock

Same high school and host family as Konate (WVU fans), and practically lives on campus. Brother just moved to WV too.

I'm sure he's enjoying the UK attention though.
Brother moved to WV or PA? Isn't Oscar living and going to school over 2 hours away from Morgantown?

Brother moved to WV or PA? Isn't Oscar living and going to school over 2 hours away from Morgantown?

Yeah, its about 2 hrs away. He's at Kennedy Catholic. Going to the same high school and living with same host family that Konate lived with. They are WVU people. Before that was at a school in VA (cant think of the name), which I'm pretty sure was run by a WVU alum.

I heard his brother just moved to Charleston, WV... dont know that for sure though.

We were the first to offer. Him and Huggs are really tight. I believe his transfer to Kennedy was all Huggs' doing.

I guess anything can happen though.

Yeah, its about 2 hrs away. He's at Kennedy Catholic. Going to the same high school and living with same host family that Konate lived with. They are WVU people. Before that was at a school in VA (cant think of the name), which I'm pretty sure was run by a WVU alum.

I heard his brother just moved to Charleston, WV... dont know that for sure though.

We were the first to offer. Him and Huggs are really tight. I believe his transfer to Kennedy was all Huggs' doing.

I guess anything can happen though.
I've think I've heard this story before....
giphy.gif

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
That may explain why Cal has been so hesitant to offer despite the rumors of OT’s interest being really strong.

Lots of connections to wvu. Hmmm...

Reactions: doogie503
was he overrated or underdeveloped........................Winking
Probably a bit of both. Pitino didn’t do well with developing the big men. However, Donovan Mitchell thrives under Pitino. If anything he got his defense ready for the league. I’m not Pitino apologist though, as you already know. The man can coach, but he can go **** himself as far as I’m concerned.

Reactions: mebeblue2
247 that has "all-time recruit" rankings by school. According to 247..

Skal Labissiere is the 3rd best Kentucky recruit since 2000...Nerlens Noel is #1..Anthony Davis #2...Karl Anthony Towns comes in at #9. I think it's time they admit they are doing something wrong...

https://247sports.com/college/kentucky/Sport/Basketball/AllTimeRecruits

fwiw...Samardo Samuels would be the best recruit at Louisville in 18 years.

Everyone thought Skal was going to be great, I only came across one genius who knew he would suck (Matt18Jones) and he hasnt posted in years.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
Wasn’t Skal number 2 in his class? What a bust. He’s okay in the league, probably won’t have a long career, very limited player.

Skal was billed as the next Anthony Davis. Kid never had a fair shot. Was more like Tayshaun Prince mixed with Bobby Perry.

I could be wrong but I think Duke is the only team with a big enough budget to outbid Cal sorry

Normally I'd say it was all UK once you guys get involved, but Oscar is 100% going to WVU.

Not like it'll hurt UK's class anyways.

Normally I'd say it was all UK once you guys get involved, but Oscar is 100% going to WVU.

Not like it'll hurt UK's class anyways.

We think we’re losing all 4 bigs. And we don’t know that we lead for any of our current big men target. It could actually hurt to miss on a kid like Oscar this year.

I’m hoping Corey Evans knows something we don’t. Because he seems confident Tshiebwe will be a wildcat if he gets an offer. I won’t say that’s hard for me to believe just because it’s coach Cal and he’s pulled off bigger recruiting coups. But West Virginia has an awful lot in their favor in this one.

I think Tshiebwe is going to outplay some guys ranked ahead of him in college. His motor is going to translate well.

Gotta love how UK doesn't can just show up after teams put in the work on a kid and steal him based on reputation alone. UK/Duke recruiting has to be the least amount of work a recruiter has to do in their career.

Would love to see WVU land this kid. He’d be great in the Big 12, although I’m sure he’d hate losing to Kansas 2/3 times a year. If he goes to UK, he’ll only lose to Kansas once or twice a year.

Tough call.
maybe he is wanting to come to UK so he can beat KU by 30+ points

Reactions: catman111
...followed by the classic Lil' Bro response refuting facts.

No I just find it funny that you are denying the fact that KU has owned UK lately and try to hide behind the overall H2H record. That's all. It's not surprising someone like you would do that. You can't see without putting on the blue tinted glasses.

Reactions: KisteK
Gotta love how UK doesn't can just show up after teams put in the work on a kid and steal him based on reputation alone. UK/Duke recruiting has to be the least amount of work a recruiter has to do in their career.

Maybe on some 25-75 ranked kids, but they have to work their ass off for the 5 stars they go after.

Reactions: C*A*T*S
I kind of hope this kid goes to UK, just to see the melt that would follow.

ADVERTISEMENT