ADVERTISEMENT

Once again AUBURN is the best team in the country

Duke has beaten two ranked teams. Correct.

Auburn has looked good when I've seen them (Davidson-Colgate-New Mexico-Richmond). I'll give you that. Not saying you guys are crap. Just saying we'd all like to see how well you play against someone other than NIT teams.

Richmond will win their Conference and good chance if they dont then Davidson will. Colgate will probably win theirs as well. Those would be NCAA tourney teams unless they have changed auto qualifying rules.

Yeah St. Louis in Bham will be my first live action to see. Ill be at the NC State game as well.

Reactions: DM8
I confess; it's a ranking based on weeks spent in the AP top 25.

But....still. Holy Cross.

lol you are basing your opinion on a poll based on opinion. GTFO.

last time i checked AP Poll doesnt mean shit for anything.

Next time bring some numbers. Power 6 doesnt mean shit in college basketball.

Sure. Not a problem. Since you used KenPom stats, I'll stick with that.

Duke's top 3 wins:
#4 Michigan State
#6 Kansas
#55 Georgetown

Auburn's top 3 wins:
#72 Richmond
#85 Davidson
#91 New Mexico

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Hell, by that time we’ll have already locked up a tourney bid.

tenor.gif

Richmond will win their Conference and good chance if they dont then Davidson will. Colgate will probably win theirs as well. Those would be NCAA tourney teams unless they have changed auto qualifying rules.

Yeah St. Louis in Bham will be my first live action to see. Ill be at the NC State game as well.

You think Richmond will win the A-10 (regular season)? Let's do 6-month avatar bet, if you feel that strongly.

Sure. Not a problem. Since you used KenPom stats, I'll stick with that.

Duke's top 3 wins:
#4 Michigan State
#6 Kansas
#55 Georgetown

Auburn's top 3 wins:
#72 Richmond
#85 Davidson
#91 New Mexico

Anyone can pick three teams and make it look good.

Heres one:

Loses:

Auburn -
Duke - SFA

That Georgetown win will look horrible by the end of the year. (i understand yall played them at full strength but there was some shit going on in background)

You think Richmond will win the A-10 (regular season)? Let's do 6-month avatar bet, if you feel that strongly.

They could. No bet though. Forgot Dayton was in the A-10.

we play half the A-10 in OOC. That actually is going to be a great conference tourney to watch.

St. Louis, Davidson, Richmond, Dayton.

Anyone can pick three teams and make it look good.

Heres one:

Loses:

Auburn -
Duke - SFA

That Georgetown win will look horrible by the end of the year. (i understand yall played them at full strength but there was some shit going on in background)

Georgetown defeated Oklahoma State last night. If anything, I'd say they might be better without a 33% fg shooter taking 13 shots a night.

Duke is nothing special this year, at least in terms of a typical Duke team. We're capable of beating anyone. Also capable of losing to most anyone. Again, I'm not completely crapping on you guys. I never said you were bad. I think Auburn is a legit top 15 team, possibly top 10. Just said you really haven't played anyone yet. And it's true. While you have played plenty of decent teams in the 75-150 range, you've yet to face a legitimate tournament team.

They could. No bet though. Forgot Dayton was in the A-10.

we play half the A-10 in OOC. That actually is going to be a great conference tourney to watch.

St. Louis, Davidson, Richmond, Dayton.

VCU is okay, too.

Georgetown defeated Oklahoma State last night. If anything, I'd say they might be better without a 33% fg shooter taking 13 shots a night.

Duke is nothing special this year, at least in terms of a typical Duke team. We're capable of beating anyone. Also capable of losing to most anyone. Again, I'm not completely crapping on you guys. I never said you were bad. I think Auburn is a legit top 15 team, possibly top 10. Just said you really haven't played anyone yet. And it's true. While you have played plenty of decent teams in the 75-150 range, you've yet to face a legitimate tournament team.

The other part that people dont realize is how early it is in the year. We peaked end of Feb/Early March last year and went on a crazy run. Thats why I love this basketball team.

BTW im not some new basketball fan, i have been going to games since i was little. i was at the 97/98 auburn/Kentucky games when tubbys son was on their team.

There is history in our program just not long runs in tourney. I like was Bruce is building. We are top 100 in height for the first time under bruce. and his teams rely on athleticism and length. Im actually more excited about this year. Too much going against us last year with injuries and suspensions to believe we could do what we did.

Also, fun fact (remember this is just for fun): SF Austin and Auburn have been to the Round of 32 the same number of times this decade.

that is about as surpising as the one i pulled on Kansas football.

They have gone to 12 bowls total and have a below 500 win percentage all time. lol

The other part that people dont realize is how early it is in the year.

I do realize that, actually. Still four months to go. I think Duke has won like 10 or 11 November National Titles this century. Hard to keep track off, honestly.

I always find it comical when people overreact from one game. As in one game = how a team will play over the course of a 35+ game season. Everyone has a few really, really good games. Everyone also occasionally craps the bed. It happens. That's college basketball for ya.

that is about as surpising as the one i pulled on Kansas football.

They have gone to 12 bowls total and have a below 500 win percentage all time. lol

Kansas football? Interesting segue.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I do realize that, actually. Still four months to go. I think Duke has won like 10 or 11 November National Titles this century. Hard to keep track off, honestly.

I always find it comical when people overreact from one game. As in one game = how a team will play over the course of a 35+ game season. Everyone has a few really, really good games. Everyone also occasionally craps the bed. It happens. That's college basketball for ya.

Kansas football? Interesting segue.

Kansas guy in this thread brought up our football team at one point.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Yeah i knew about that one but its too over run with bama trash.

I havent been around since 04 and not known about things. I guess i knew there was a forum but not active and we werent that great then. ( I CAN ADMIT IT)

Better check the standings. Richmond will be lucky to finish 4 or above. I wouldn't mind them winning, but VCU, Dayton, George Mason, and Duquesne are looking better right now. Davidson is 3-5 and looking pretty poor at the moment. You may be correct about Colgate though.

That final four appearance probably vaulted you into the top 25 all time, right?

dont really care cause i have only been alive for like 25% of college basketballs existence. who cares who all time is.

we do have the exact same record as you over the last two seasons. (interesting stat)

Better check the standings. Richmond will be lucky to finish 4 or above. I wouldn't mind them winning, but VCU, Dayton, George Mason, and Duquesne are looking better right now. Davidson is 3-5 and looking pretty poor at the moment. You may be correct about Colgate though.

Current KenPom of all of these teams:

Dayton - 22
VCU - 35
Richmond - 72
Duquesne - 84
Davidson - 85
St. Louis - 113

Dayton has Obi. Which i also later said i forgot they were in A-10. So they are front runner but Dayton, VCU and Richmonds offensive numbers are similar but richmond has some great defensive efficiency numbers. The conference tourney is a total toss up. any of those three could win it. and Davidson aint bad.

Until he gets caught cheating again.
Lord Bruce understands he can't host BBQs for recruits on unofficial visits again. When compared with all the coaches who have been caught working with shoe companies to buy players, Bruce's BBQ seems very quaint now.

I had the pleasure of watching that 40 point outing UVA had last night against Purdue. If you are nice, maybe Bruce would be willing up for a camp next year to impart some offensive wisdom.

Reactions: Uncle Baby Billy
Like that comfortable win over S Alabama?RollLaugh
That was the Jags super bowl. Their fan base was rightfully thrilled to have a national power visit their arena. Unlike UK, Duke and many others this season, we managed to pull out the win against an inferior opponent playing out of their minds.

Reactions: Uncle Baby Billy
I like Bruce, I do think he's a great coach and great for Auburn, but be careful, your overconfidence call be your weakness.
Thankfully Lord Bruce won't be depending on any of the fans ITT to suit up for any of our games. He's already preaching to our team to ignore the rankings to avoid slip-ups due to overconfidence.

Is it too late for KU to get Auburn on the schedule?

Would be a good tune-up opportunity.
Would KU really agree to play us again after the mauling they took in the tourney last year? Seems unlikely.

I always find it cute as shit when a team finally has a little success and then acts like they’re a blue blood. Cute as shit!Laughing
A little success? Our program was started from scratch 5 years ago by Bruce and we already have 2 conference titles and a final 4. We would obviously also have a national title but for the tragic injury to Chuma and the referee's gift(s) to UVA. That seems pretty good for a 5-year stretch.

Lord Bruce understands he can't host BBQs for recruits on unofficial visits again. When compared with all the coaches who have been caught working with shoe companies to buy players, Bruce's BBQ seems very quaint now.

I had the pleasure of watching that 40 point outing UVA had last night against Purdue. If you are nice, maybe Bruce would be willing up for a camp next year to impart some offensive wisdom.

Maybe if you are nice Tony will let you touch the NC trophy.

Current KenPom of all of these teams:

Dayton - 22
VCU - 35
Richmond - 72
Duquesne - 84
Davidson - 85
St. Louis - 113

Dayton has Obi. Which i also later said i forgot they were in A-10. So they are front runner but Dayton, VCU and Richmonds offensive numbers are similar but richmond has some great defensive efficiency numbers. The conference tourney is a total toss up. any of those three could win it. and Davidson aint bad.

I live in Richmond. I see VCU and U of R 10-20 a season. I would love to see Richmond do well, and they will finish better than last year. They are not going to win the A-10 though. I advertise on their scoreboard I would to have every Richmond game on TV and them winning.

Maybe if you are nice Tony will let you touch the NC trophy.
I am glad you guys can take solace in the asterisk laden trophy. By the looks of this year's team, UVA won't have the offense necessary to win much of anything again for a while.

You need to make sure Lord Bruce knows he can't LIE about having BBQ's for recruits.

Fair point. Our schedule to this point has been no murderers row. Just solid mid-majors. Under the new NET system, that's the smartest way to schedule in OOC. It rewards you for playing mid majors that will finish around the top 100 and punishes you severely for playing teams that will finish at the bottom of the rankings. You are better off playing a bunch of decent mid majors than a couple of high majors along with several low majors.

ADVERTISEMENT