ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Transfer Thread***

Projecting now
Don’t worry Mack going to get you back there again. Just need to pass it on to the right guy

Regarding basketball.
We will see. We have sucked and still beaten UNC every time we played the last 10 years
Just imagine if they started winning

Iowa has a winning record against UNC so you're in good company. You sound like the Auburn fan screaming to get noticed. Maybe Texas will get to a FF in your lifetime and maybe your average football program will start competing for national championships soon.

Iowa has a winning record against UNC so you're in good company. You sound like the Auburn fan screaming to get noticed. Maybe Texas will get to a FF in your lifetime and maybe your average football program will start competing for national championships soon.
This makes me feel ill. F'n Iowa and we're stuck here with a losing record against yall.

Reactions: AWilli6995
I will leave it at this
If players can make money off their name at Texas Beard has a chance to continue this

We will see
If they can get 100K for football they can get people for a Top 10 basketball team

if that team creates no energy and peoole abandon it he could fail

He is swinging for the fences. If they do get a guard like Carr or Abmas they are most likely preseason #1

Players make the difference..

If Chris Beard can get what he wants out of the transfer portal he can make 8-9 Sweet 16s in a decade.
We will see with the rest.

Coaching is important to, that's why you hired Beard. You thought you had the players last year and look what happen. The question is can the players execute the coaches game plan?

He is aggressive
He understands Texas better. I am not going to shit on Shaka. He has taken a lot of criticism.
Beard is a better fit. I see that now

Shaka didn’t understand that you had to win. I liked what Shaka was saying but basketball isn’t that sort of program anymore unless you use the transfer portal
Shaka still thinks he can get players to stick around 3-4 years

He is aggressive
He understands Texas better. I am not going to shit on Shaka. He has taken a lot of criticism.

Shaka didn’t understand that you had to win. I liked what Shaka was saying but basketball isn’t that sort of program anymore unless you use the transfer portal
And if Beard died today and was replaced by Royal Ivey, the next narrative would be “It was a mistake to choose Beard over Ivey. I see that now.”

And if Beard died today and was replaced by Royal Ivey, the next narrative would be “It was a mistake to choose Beard over Ivey. I see that now.”

Chris Beard is getting the players. As of right now there is no reason to doubt him

Shaka has doubters. I still think Shaka can build a program. Some of his mindset will have to change because of the transfer portal but I have no reason at all to shit on him.

Beard doesn’t want that. He is making sure the first appearance of him is a great team

At the point where it is irrefutable.

Chris Beard is making big boy moves.
How many coaches who start with a Top 5 team fail.
Last new coach who walked in as a #1 was Calipari

People in Texas like that. Walk in and take it. First year coach doing that would be crazy

At the point where it is irrefutable.

Chris Beard is making big boy moves.
How many coaches who start with a Top 5 team fail.
Last new coach who walked in as a #1 was Calipari

People in Texas like that. Walk in and take it. First year coach doing that would be crazy
This reminds me of Memphis fans and Hardaway. Who is now probably going to be the next Magic coach.

Not really
They had hype. But it wasn’t there
The transfer portal changes things. Chris Beard can establish an older team
Going to be like the early 90’s and earlier again

Great older college basketball teams
It will be interesting to see if he can coach a bunch of unfamiliar faces. Not many can.

It will be interesting to see if he can coach a bunch of unfamiliar faces. Not many can.

Not about coaching
It is about building a roster of players who fit off each other

Beard is getting all the credit but they have a guy who pretty much puts a lot of the pieces together in Bob Donewald Jr.
20 years of professional and international basketball experience

Sheriff I am no aggie and I dont know you from Adam But I will meet you and discuse any thing TEXAS SPORTS . I live in cross plains TEXAS

Sheriff I am no aggie and I dont know you from Adam But I will meet you and discuse any thing TEXAS SPORTS . I live in cross plains TEXAS

Off the grid there.
People are upset that Chris Beard making big boy moves into the portal.
If players can make money off their name Texas is one of the best schools to do it at.

Everyone will be good right now if they make big boy moves. Too many players not to.

Probably some of the best data
Top 4 so Final 4 appearances are included

Kentucky has dominated basketball. They still aren’t even close to Texas
Same with Duke

We have big dogs in their certain sports
Then we just have the biggest in the litter

That is Texas
You ever see dogs eat. First at the food bowl.
Gotcha, thats pretty impressive to say the least, as far as historically.

Like i said ive only seen Vince young, Colt Mccoy, and tj ford add to that list outside of baseball sonce i became a fan of the sport so i wasnt quite following.

Honestly makes it even more impressive, from a historical point of view, alrhough idk how many baseball top 4s yall have this millinium. Impressive none the least, i thought u were talking about this year when u mentioned being the only team ranked in all 3 or i misread something one which is totally possible.

He is aggressive

The HC didnt understand that you had to win games? What did he think his job was exactly????

If you are elite in one thing it is much easier to be elite in another
UNC fans should understand that. Maybe not to the level of Texas but to a certain point

Chris Beard understands that
I think its the opposite i mean literally no basketball blueblood has anything other than an avg football program, tho uk and unc have improved recently, they have actually all been pretty terrible my entire lifetime.

I dont think the coaches/players like to share the limelight. If zion goes to clemson instead of duke hes gotta wonder if the espn cameras are on campus for him or trevor lawrence.

If it wasnt for you sheriff, more specifically your posting style, no one would rarely ever even mention texas on this board, much less talk smack(truth) like we do.

Doesn’t look like Kentucky winning on the level of Texas
46-16 or something

Just facts
Hard for Kentucky fans to handle but just how life is

Hmmm let's talk basketball as this is a basketball board. What's Texas' record against UK? I'll tell it is short and Texas has never beaten UK. That's really how life is....

Everyone wants to see Kansas get stomped on
Would be pretty funny when they cannot win in basketball anymore. Maybe they will start caring about football
Because they dominate you no matter how much you spend?

Imagine how people view a fanbase with the arrogance of a big winner but nothing to show for it.

I think its the opposite i mean literally no basketball blueblood has anything other than an avg football program, tho uk and unc have improved recently, they have actually all been pretty terrible my entire lifetime.

I dont think the coaches/players like to share the limelight. If zion goes to clemson instead of duke hes gotta wonder if the espn cameras are on campus for him or trevor lawrence.

Interesting point
All these schools like to win. Regardless of the sport IMO

I don’t think any of these schools are basketball or football schools

There are championship schools and everyone else

So you wouldnt consider duke uk unc and kansas basketball schools?r even Indiana louisville and uconn though not bluebloods, still basketball schools imo. Heck even throw in purdue and uva.

Or alabama and oklahoma football schools. And Texas as well.

Florida has had success at the highest level in both in the past abd michigan has solid programs in both as well as ohio state. Fsu seems to have flip flopped as they had a nice football program but now their basketball seems to have surpassed it, but still both still solid just a bad stretch currently in football.

Just seems like most of the historically elite teams are either good at one or the other.

I know im omitting baseball, but its really not on the same level as the other two.

Here's a map of the schools that will have the first leg up.

Untitled.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT