ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Transfer Thread***

Not sure what you’re talking about. We’re doomed. Adams was reason for all of Tech’s success and we failed to bring him in with Beard. It’s becoming more and more clear Beard is nothing without Adams.

Welp, I guess Christian Bishop really isn't going to start after all. Wonder if he considers going elsewhere.

Reactions: KisteK
Not sure what you’re talking about. We’re doomed. Adams was reason for all of Tech’s success and we failed to bring him in with Beard. It’s becoming more and more clear Beard is nothing without Adams.
Chris Beard — notorious hater of bigs — now has 4 bigs who think they are all playing 30 minutes per game.

The roster turnover and departures this fall will be glorious to watch.

Also, enjoy that late game coaching when the game is close. Beard is amazing with late game situational coaching.

Last edited:
Texas owns the state at everything. I mean, look at the pure domination in the past decade or so.

Number of NCAA Tournament wins by Texas schools since 2010
Baylor- 17
Texas Tech- 9
Houston- 7
Texas A&M- 5
SF Austin- 2
Texas- 2
North Texas- 1
Abilene Christian- 1

Tied with SF Austin for 5th most wins in the state. Not bad.

Chris Beard — notorious hater of bigs — now has 4 bigs who think they are all playing 30 minutes per game.

Also, enjoy that late game coaching when the game is close. Beard is amazing with close games and late game situational coaching.

Disu, Bishop, and Mitchell. Who am I missing?

I hate to burst the Sheriffs bubble, BBN is the largest fanbase for any sport at any level. Cal is a marketing guru and he will certainly leverage NIL. And we've done quite well picking up talent out of Texas. We have the highest paid coaching staff for a reason. I'll admit I'm a bit biased lol.

Everyone on here except for 1 person, knew Beard was levels better than Shaka.

Reactions: Duffman81

Also, enjoy that late game coaching when the game is close. Beard is amazing with late game situational coaching.
That's why we are doomed. We should have hired the real coach, Mark Adams.

The vibe is look out for TX right now. I think Kansas fans have been waiting for a consistent threat believe it's happening now.

Could be wrong.

Just a reminder that Texas has been "trying" for a long time. They spend more than any other Big 12 program and more than all but a handful in the nation.

The vibe is look out for TX right now. I think Kansas fans have been waiting for a consistent threat believe it's happening now.

Could be wrong.
Last year's team was more talented. Still got Abilened. In fact, they have one more tourney win than Abilene in the last decade plus.

Last year's team was more talented. Still got Abilened. In fact, they have one more tourney win than Abilene in the last decade plus.
Well yeah. We all saw that. There has been another significant change with the TX program and it doesn't involve the players on the rosters.

There is smoke now about Marcus Carr and Texas
We will see. Guess that he signed with a NCAA certified agency

Should be a few more players after the NBA combine.

Supposedly there is more of a chance for Carr to take his name out of the draft than for Abmas

There is smoke now about Marcus Carr and Texas
We will see. Guess that he signed with a NCAA certified agency

Should be a few more players after the NBA combine.

Supposedly there is more of a chance for Carr to take his name out of the draft than for Abmas
I believe Carr stays in the draft. He was a lock for UK. We signed Wheeler so that makes me think Carr won't be available. I believe we have one more scholly and that will go to Duren if he commits.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Well yeah. We all saw that. There has been another significant change with the TX program and it doesn't involve the players on the rosters.
Well, if you'll remember...when Beard started bringing in hyped recruits at Tech a few years ago, all we heard was "Omigod! What's he going to do with 4 and 5 stars after taking a bunch of nobodies to the title game!"

Answer: not much.

And you got played by Shaka. Your arrogance makes you look silly by the day.

Truth
Reason why Nike has a bigger deal with Texas than Kentucky..
I guess there are people who like a certain basketball team than when football season comes along they go to another school
But those fans aren’t important because they change based on who is at the top

You have to be fans of the entire university in this current era..

Schools who aren’t winning in everything will be hurt because their name isn’t as strong

Well, if you'll remember...when Beard started bringing in hyped recruits at Tech a few years ago, all we heard was "Omigod! What's he going to do with 4 and 5 stars after taking a bunch of nobodies to the title game!"

If Beard gets Marcus Carr they have pretty close to a G League level squad.

Pretty much establishing how to build a roster in college basketball today

I am pretty sure everybody doesn't start counting results on the guy using only the games played after his E8 and after his title game. Those "great" results would be incorporated into his profile too.

No offense to the Tech fans here, but the guy took that program places it's never gone. Ever.

I'm not guaranteeing TX is gonna start pushing KU around, but the chances they become a bigger pain to KU than they did while under Shaka seem real.

And I literally forgot about Baylor. I guess those guys are pretty good too. It won't be easy for Beard. They could flop in the standard TX fashion.

The B12 is a monster right now.

• Love
I am pretty sure everybody doesn't start counting results on the guy using only the games played after his E8 and after his title game. Those "great" results would be incorporated into his profile too.

No offense to the Tech fans here, but the guy took that program places it's never gone. Ever.

I'm not guaranteeing TX is gonna start pushing KU around, but the chances they become a bigger pain to KU than they did while under Shaka seem real.

And I literally forgot about Baylor. I guess those guys are pretty good too. It won't be easy for Beard. They could flop in the standard TX fashion.

The B12 is a monster right now.
Yeah...Texas could have a really solid program and still finish 3rd or 4th every year.

Texas played you with Wheeler😂
Duren?
Where is he going to play

Going to put Oscar on the bench
lol Texas played us with Wheeler. We've played against him 4 times already. I think we played Texas with Askew lmao. Oscar and Duren will share time. Collins goes to PF. Hopkins is going to have trouble with PT. He's undersized like Brooks at the 4. Hopkins and Brooks are going to be fighting for minutes.

lol Texas played us with Wheeler. We've played against him 4 times already. I think we played Texas with Askew lmao. Oscar and Duren will share time. Collins goes to PF. Hopkins is going to have trouble with PT. He's undersized like Brooks at the 4. Hopkins and Brooks are going to be fighting for minutes.

Watch WVU last year with Culver and Oscar.

Regarding Wheeler.

I would much rather be in the position we are in now than have Wheeler on the roster.

After the G League camp you could see some players take their name out of the draft if they don’t get that NBA Draft Combine Invite.

Kentucky couldn’t take the risk because they didn’t really have a PG.

Watch WVU last year with Culver and Oscar.

Regarding Wheeler.

I would much rather be in the position we are in now than have Wheeler on the roster.

After the G League camp you could see some players take their name out of the draft if they don’t get that NBA Draft Combine Invite.

Kentucky couldn’t take the risk because they didn’t really have a PG.
They signed Washington before they did Wheeler, so they did have a PG. plus, there’s a good chance Mintz comes back.

I hate to burst the Sheriffs bubble, BBN is the largest fanbase for any sport at any level. Cal is a marketing guru and he will certainly leverage NIL. And we've done quite well picking up talent out of Texas. We have the highest paid coaching staff for a reason. I'll admit I'm a bit biased lol.

Everyone on here except for 1 person, knew Beard was levels better than Shaka.
Would be interesring to see the numbers of bbn fans vs cowboys vs lakers vs knicks vs yankees vs man U and on and on. Ranking the biggest fan bases etc.

For a small state Kentucky is up there

According to ESPN’s list of schools who made the most money as a result of royalties through the Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC), which regulates sporting merchandise officially licensed for sale by colleges to fans, the University of Texas topped the revenue list for the eighth year in a row. The top ten universities, in terms of their revenue from licensed merchandise sales, were:

• The University of Texas at Austin
  • The University of Alabama
  • University of Notre Dame
  • The University of Michigan
  • University of Kentucky
  • Louisiana State University
  • University of Florida
  • University of Georgia
  • University of North Carolina
  • The University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
Altogether, the CLC reported that fans, schools, and athletes combined spent a total of $4.62 billion on officially licensed merchandise, ranging from shoes, shorts, and caps; to bandanas for family pets; to novelty garden gnomes. All the money generated from merchandise sales is returned to the universities to support student groups and campus projects, but a closer look reveals some of the divisions within the college merchandise sales and marketing arena.
Apparel deals in college athletics have become extremely lucrative, so much so that failing to secure the right merchandise deal with the right supplier can spell the difference between a losing season and a winning season. For instance, Eastbay, Inc., is a major supplier of apparel and footwear that works directly with Nike, Under Armour, and Adidas to provide both professional and college athletics programs with gear and footwear. As a major supplier of athletic gear, they also offer access to consumer channels. College athletics programs who can show they have the backing of big-name suppliers and manufacturers are often far more successful in recruiting high school students through a combination of scholarships, marketing, and student life programs.
The academic life of student-athletes has been further complicated by concerns that efforts to professionalize college sports harm the educational opportunities that should be priorities for these young people. For example, Division I NCAA coaches earn comfortable salaries. The high-profile student-athletes recruited by Division I schools who benefit from their enrollment are often thrown into leadership positions that require extensive travel, media training, and long hours both on and off the field. These additional responsibilities deprive students of time that could be spent on academic pursuits. Although success in college athletics can lead to celebrity status for these young athletes, and potentially to lucrative professional contracts, academic regulations do not allow them to profit from these efforts while they are enrolled in the university.
The NCAA was originally founded to focus on both sports and education, but these two elements are no longer balanced. The NCCA’s current incarnation as a billion-dollar corporation has altered the playing field for all students entering the college application cycle, regardless of their professional aspirations as student-athletes. CNAA recognizes the value that a disciplined, well-staffed, and well-funded athletic program can bring to the education of the whole student. The NCAA and the big business of college and professional sports will continue to evolve. At the same time, high schools and universities will continue to address the needs of all students. Well-funded, well-staffed athletic programs that emphasize the value of athletic programs to instill discipline, a sense of community, respect, integrity, and a passion for lifelong learning will continue to be an integral part of that effort.
CNAA has made tremendous progress in its efforts to ensure that Catholic schools throughout the United States continue to enjoy access and bargaining power that keeps then on an equal footing with even with the most well-funded public-school athletic programs. CNAA’s close partnership with Eastbay, Inc., provides further assurance that schools in the CNAA network will offer students the best opportunity to enroll in premier universities, whether their goal is to rise to the top of the NCAA pyramid, or translate their success in student athletics to success in academics and the business world.

This is from 2019 not much has changed

LSU is another one to watch out for

And toppin. Silly hopkins, i get the decommit, i wouldnt wanna pay for another mans crime either. But damn dude dont go to the only school in the nation with 3-4 players better/older than you at the same position, geeze. Who knows tho maybe he blows up i have no clue on hos game except he decommitted from us and signed with UK shortly after.

And toppin. Silly hopkins, i get the decommit, i wouldnt wanna pay for another mans crime either. But damn dude dont go to the only school in the nation with 3-4 players better than you at the same position, geeze. Who knows tho maybe he blows up i have no clue on hos game except he decommitted from us and signed with UK shortly after.
Toppin is shining so far. Lots of praise from the coach & players. From what I understand he's been working his ass off with a trainer. I never got the commitment from Hopkins either.

Reactions: Villian07
July 7th is the date he has to decide.

I dont know why a TEXAS BASKETBALL fan would come on a basketball board and talk so much shit.Hell we dont have any right,to even go on a football board and talk shit what have we done last 15 years nothing thats what. andI am a big time Horn fan.

Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT