ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Transfer Thread***

So you wouldnt consider duke uk unc and kansas basketball schools?r even Indiana louisville and uconn though not bluebloods, still basketball schools imo. Heck even throw in purdue and uva.

Or alabama and oklahoma football schools. And Texas as well.

Florida has had success at the highest level in both in the past abd michigan has solid programs in both as well as ohio state. Fsu seems to have flip flopped as they had a nice football program but now their basketball seems to have surpassed it, but still both still solid just a bad stretch currently in football.

Just seems like most of the historically elite teams are either good at one or the other.

I know im omitting baseball, but its really not on the same level as the other two.
The dude clearly devotes a lot of his time to basketball and is desperate for Texas to have basketball success. Yet if anyone compares their program to Texas, you get the “doesn’t matter because we’re good at baseball and used to be good at football” schpiel.

He’ll never admit how pitiful and childish it is.

What’s done is done.
Marcus Carr transfers

Texas should go in with the #1 team
They play Gonzaga early

Definitely the biggest game of the year it looks like

We will see early. All of you can hope for failure

Definitely know Kansas is. They could have a 4 game losing streak to Texas after this year
Hopefully they can regain their manhood after a 40 point ass kicking on their home floor
KU isn't generally concerned with the rest of the Big 12. Outside of last year, we expect to win it.

But KU is always on the minds of those that they dominate. Hence, your bringing them up out of nowhere.

Imagine bragging about winning a few games vs a team that had beaten you in 18 of the last 20. Especially when you still managed to finish behind them in the standings despite a big talent advantage.

Sad.

But...hooray for merchandise sales and baseball!

Last edited:
Poor Kansas😂

Devin Askew looking like a goon now. Coming to get his respect.

image.png.d85cc154d035877fd37d21db941c8721.png

Should have a few more transfers in the next few weeks

Poor Kansas😂

Devin Askew looking like a goon now. Coming to get his respect.

image.png.d85cc154d035877fd37d21db941c8721.png

Should have a few more transfers in the next few weeks
I think we’ve all had our frustrations with our grandparents, or in this case, great-great-great grandparents, not being able to decipher modern technology and social media. Everything would just be easier if they could “get” it, it seems.

The above post is a compelling argument against hoping the silent generation ever figures it out, though.

What’s the difference between Sheriff/Texas and Fat Bastard?

A: Even Fat Bastard had a moment of honest self-contemplation.

tenor.gif

Was going through my preseason top 150 players, and 10% of these guys have already entered the portal. These are elite players that are logging a lot of minutes (I overvalued a few obviously, such as Grant-Foster). It blows my mind that there are so many starters that are willing to jump ship. Certainly a free season with immediate eligibility incentivizes these types of moves. This is not a normal offseason. I expect quite a few more quality names to go the transfer route, as well. Here are the guys that were in my top 150 that have entered the portal:

14. Oscar Tshiebwe, West Virginia (to Kentucky)
58. Marreon Jackson, Toledo
60. Myreon Jones, Penn State
62. Nate Reuvers, Wisconsin
68. Jayden Gardner, East Carolina
72. Tre Mitchell, Massachusetts
101. Caleb Mills, Houston (to Florida State)
114. Paul Atkinson, Yale (to Notre Dame)
116. Nimari Burnett, Texas Tech
121. Kellan Grady, Davidson (to Kentucky)
133. Chris Lykes, Miami
135. Rocket Watts, Michigan State
139. Mason Faulkner, Western Carolina
147. Tyon Grant-Foster, Kansas
150. Aljami Durham, Indiana

Is Askew immediately eligible? Apologies I don't know each transfer circumstances and rules.

Yes. I believe the only players that need a waiver from the NCAA are those that are undergraduates that have previously transferred and gained immediate eligibility via the waiver process. James Akinjo (Georgetown to Arizona to Baylor) is the only one I can think of off the top of my head that will need a waiver from the NCAA. I'm sure there are others, but not many.

I'm sure he'll be an adequate backup. Just seems strange to overhype someone that is likely to play in a reserve role.

askew is at least a another season away from being anyone other teams need to worry about. he’s the worst starting UK point guard in my lifetime. he wasn’t even ready for a reserve role.

i’ll be 40 in november and i can only think of 3 or 4 UK teams in my lifetime he even gets playing time on.

Askew is probably going to be a decent college player his JR/SR days. I guess overrated HS rank? Was he a guy that re-classified?

The top recruiting programs aren't built to wait around for a guy to get better. Transferring for under performance in best interests for all sides.

askew is at least a another season away from being anyone other teams need to worry about. he’s the worst starting UK point guard in my lifetime. he wasn’t even ready for a reserve role.

i’ll be 40 in november and i can only think of 3 or 4 UK teams in my lifetime he even gets playing time on.
I would take him over Saul... Tubby's motion offense was motionless under him was let's stand out front and dribble. Drove me crazy. Saul had no business, ever, starting at point. And Cliff Hawkins rode the bench.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Maryland's Darryl Morsell to Marquette

and Marquette's Dawson Garcia entered the transfer portal a few days ago. Dawson Garcia would be a monster pick-up.

Reactions: KisteK
One more big-time transfer on the market.

Other key dates coming up.

July 1: Deadline to enter the transfer portal​

This year, players who wish to transfer have until July 1 to notify their current schools they are entering the portal

July 7: NCAA’s “Stay or Go” Deadline​

Ten days after the Combine, players who wish to return to school must take their names out of the draft.

July 29: NBA Draft​

Details are still TBD for this year’s draft.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Dang didnt know u could transfer up until july 1st. Can you even imagine the tampering goong on this offseason. Its like re-recruiting high school kids as college kids.

Yes. I believe the only players that need a waiver from the NCAA are those that are undergraduates that have previously transferred and gained immediate eligibility via the waiver process. James Akinjo (Georgetown to Arizona to Baylor) is the only one I can think of off the top of my head that will need a waiver from the NCAA. I'm sure there are others, but not many.

Akinjo just got his waiver approved. Baylor should be a top 10/15 team.

Other key dates coming up.

July 1: Deadline to enter the transfer portal​

This year, players who wish to transfer have until July 1 to notify their current schools they are entering the portal

July 7: NCAA’s “Stay or Go” Deadline​

Ten days after the Combine, players who wish to return to school must take their names out of the draft.

July 29: NBA Draft​

Details are still TBD for this year’s draft.

If July 1 is the deadline to enter the portal, what’s the deadline for actually transferring? Before classes start?

If July 1 is the deadline to enter the portal, what’s the deadline for actually transferring? Before classes start?
I'd have to assume so. UK has had players in the past, a while ago, who showed up right before classes started. Clearly they're behind with team bonding, practice, etc. , but from my understanding they have to be there at the start of class. I could be wrong.

Keep doubting that man. That is going into his head.

You like people who want to prove others wrong

According to what I have heard
Askew looks like a cross country runner
Askew is slow
Askew can’t shoot
Askew is the worst player in Kentucky Basketball History
Askew can’t play defense
Askew won’t even play pro basketball

Wouldn’t mind having Marcus Carr right now. Would be a great pickup for many…

Whats up with the Curry kid from juco kansas fans?

Im hoping for a pettiford for curry trade. Pettiford maybe the better long term player but we need some beef.

Keep doubting that man. That is going into his head.

You like people who want to prove others wrong

According to what I have heard
Askew looks like a cross country runner
Askew is slow
Askew can’t shoot
Askew is the worst player in Kentucky Basketball History
Askew can’t play defense
Askew won’t even play pro basketball
I don't recall anyone saying "worst player in Kentucky history"

I did point out his stats, which made him the 2nd worst 3pt shooter in UK history.

No need to get defensive, it's just stats, and every UK fan I know would like to see him do well.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I don't recall anyone saying "worst player in Kentucky history"

I did point out his stats, which made him the 2nd worst 3pt shooter in UK history.

No need to get defensive, it's just stats, and every UK fan I know would like to see him do well.

I'm not saying he's the worst player in Kentucky history, but I'm not not saying it either. He would fit in well with the guys from the early 1900's that couldn't dribble, pass or shoot like him.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Whats up with the Curry kid from juco kansas fans?

Im hoping for a pettiford for curry trade. Pettiford maybe the better long term player but we need some beef.
Always hard to predict a juco’s impact, but I wasn’t glad to see him go. Most KU fans didn’t expect him to crack the rotation, but I think he has potential. Very strong and athletic. Plays like a shorter Azubuike.

It seems like he was probably encouraged to move on because Agbaji is expected back.

yea seems like he likes to play bully ball and dunk and rebound and play hard which is exactly what we need imo, a energy guy/tough guy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT