ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Transfer Thread***

Watch Boone add about 10 pounds of muscle this off-season
He needs it.
He actually has the most upside on that team.
I love that kid, agree completely. He’s a true 4 man to me but yea if he and Avery and a few others improve anything like they did the prior year we are loaded. Kalib needs to remember what a beast he is mostly. I think his confidence was largely why he was so inconsistent at times last year.

They are flying under the radar.
People look at them as Cunningham and everyone else

The players around Cunningham can play
Adding Thompson going to help
And they all have shown tremendous improvements in their short stints thus far. Clearly hard working kids and I love the culture boynton has begun to establish. I would love to play for a coach like him as a player.

And they all have shown tremendous improvements in their short stints thus far. Clearly hard working kids and I love the culture boynton has begun to establish. I would love to play for a coach like him as a player.

He is likeable. Not just with the players. It is people around basketball. Especially in the Metroplex

You hear things about certain people not liking certain coaches
But nothing with Boynton.

Reactions: Dirk4177
I love that kid, agree completely. He’s a true 4 man to me but yea if he and Avery and a few others improve anything like they did the prior year we are loaded. Kalib needs to remember what a beast he is mostly. I think his confidence was largely why he was so inconsistent at times last year.

Should have been playing Houston in the E8.
That would have been a good game

Oregon State went after you with their big.
They couldn't even use him against Houston because their big was older and had some width

Only thing missing from Boone's game is adding some weight in his upper body especially.

He should. Will make some money if he does

Reactions: Dirk4177
Should have been playing Houston in the E8.
That would have been a good game

Oregon State went after you with their big.
They couldn't even use him against Houston because their big was older and had some width

Only thing missing from Boone's game is adding some weight in his upper body especially.

He should. Will make some money if he does
Yep they smartly did. I didn’t know squat about their team except watching their first round game and said then that if Oregon state using him down low prevalently that would be the biggest threat. His stats weren’t eye popping but obviously his presence and passing out of the post pretty much dictated their offensive success. Also caused big problems fir us defensively. Altered countless shots and kept us off the glass. Non box score impacts by him were the difference

Some smoke that Rocket Watts from MSU is going to Creighton or DePaul.

Any info on Mitchell from UMass? He’s going to make some team very happy.

I don't know where Texas sees him.

I do know they have Mahorcic at the bottom.

Some say Bryson Williams after him.

But in regards to Sims returning, Jordan Brown and Tre Mitchell I don't know.

I would be happy with any of the three.
Would settle on Bryson Williams because he is a.little older and knows the game well.

Hey FSU guys, I'm hearing we may land Sardaar Calhoun in transfer. What do you think about him? @GE Nole

Go back 1 page (or maybe 2? I think one) I gave a solid breakdown of him.

Blur in the open court. He tosses the ball well ahead of him and runs up underneath it the way a soccer player kicks it way in front of himself. Needs to get the JUCO out of him. He seems to think that basketball is just about offense right now.

Any info on Mitchell from UMass? He’s going to make some team very happy.

His step dad (or moms boyfriend) was a coach at UMass and before that coached at a high school in the northeast. Brought like 6 kids from the high school to umass, including Tre.

He’s asking for a coaching spot or at least some big money. Not sure who’s willing to pay it. But with LSU in the final five...I’ve got a feeling Will Wade will figure something out.

• Haha
Reactions: dukedevilz
His step dad (or moms boyfriend) was a coach at UMass and before that coached at a high school in the northeast. Brought like 6 kids from the high school to umass, including Tre.

He’s asking for a coaching spot or at least some big money. Not sure who’s willing to pay it. But with LSU in the final five...I’ve got a feeling Will Wade will figure something out.

Yep, been reading some of what you said in some links posted on the home board. Slick Willy...lol

Have to be aggressive. Wade isn't sitting on his hands if he wants a recruit.

You should want your coach to do the same.

All about attention.
Sad thing is that $$$ gets the attention of some these players

Don't think Mitchell cares. Too close to the NBA in his mind
Mitchell looking for somewhere that can help his career.

Have to be aggressive. Wade isn't sitting on his hands if he wants a recruit.

You should want your coach to do the same.

All about attention.
Sad thing is that $$$ gets the attention of some these players

Don't think Mitchell cares. Too close to the NBA in his mind
Mitchell looking for somewhere that can help his career.

Wade’s dirty as hell. Listen to the tape if you haven’t. NCAA is a joke.

Hearing KD Johnson is next for us. Means Scoot is probably headed to G League, but picking up KD in return is still pretty damn good.

So, basically Tony Bergeron and Tre Mitchell are a packaged deal, right? Gonna be funny when a coach just starts hiring 2-3 assistant coaches on a one-year deal, specifically to land 1-2 highly regarded recruits which they have deep connections with. Gonna be hard to bet against Will Wade.

So, basically Tony Bergeron and Tre Mitchell are a packaged deal, right? Gonna be funny when a coach just starts hiring 2-3 assistant coaches on a one-year deal, specifically to land 1-2 highly regarded recruits which they have deep connections with. Gonna be hard to bet against Will Wade.

They are trying to be a package deal. I’m not sure any high major is actually gonna bite on it for just one year of Tre. But that’s the ask. Idk, Crean could be desperate enough.

But I have to think it will end up being some type of compromise. Which would favor Will Wade IMO.

Reactions: dukedevilz
They are trying to be a package deal. I’m not sure any high major is actually gonna bite on it for just one year of Tre. But that’s the ask. Idk, Crean could be desperate enough.

But I have to think it will end up being some type of compromise. Which would favor Will Wade IMO.

Too much here...

Those aren't rhe reasons he won't end up at Florida State.

Plus Mitchell left and then UMASS fired Bergeron.

They fired him because he didnt keep him there....

So if this kid was looking out for him still he would still be at UMASS

Shakeel Moore to Mississippi State. MSU is going to make some noise next year. I project them to be a top 25 team.

Last edited:
Mitchell wants to play pro basketball.

Really wants to be in the NBA draft this year and not return to college.

That really isn't happening because UMASS didn't really play many games last year

He is leaving there because he is trying to get to the NBA...

This is about minutes
This is about development

This isn't about money nor getting people a job

Sahvir Wheeler to Kentucky. Yay, I guess?

I doubt we add anyone else. Unless we get a surprise and Jackson or Mintz returns. Our roster is set.

It's going to be an interesting season with a not only new players, but a new look/scheme entirely.

Overall, is shooting and defense a trade off?

You have several quality shooters now in CJ Frederick, Kellan Grady, and Ty Ty Washington.

Wheeler, Brooks, Collins, and Tshiebwe haven't shown any proclivity to shoot from the outside - though Wheeler and Brooks are good free throw shooters. Good free throw shooters can often correct the shooting woes from the perimeter. But yes, defense is definitely up. Shooting won't be nationally elite, but you at least have several reliable guys now.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
As a life long fan, I do get tired of the gamble. We show support, but ....

As a life long fan, I want Uk put ahead.

One of the top transfers in the country will be making a decision on Thursday. Altman has had a lot of success with Canadians; I'd pick him as the favorite in this race.

Washington is more of the athlete than a shooter.

He is a 2-3 year player. Won't provide that much his freshman year

If he's not starting, I'd think he's the first guy off the bench. Great athlete, yes, but also a pretty solid shooter. Would be very surprised if he lasts more than 2 years.

If he's not starting, I'd think he's the first guy off the bench. Great athlete, yes, but also a pretty solid shooter. Would be very surprised if he lasts more than 2 years.

We will see.
Hopefully he isn't one of these players Kentucky fans are shitting on next year.

Decent guard. Can guard both positions.
The scoring and being able to create at a high level isn't known yet.
I do think he could provide something on the perimeter with his defense early in his career.

We will see.
Hopefully he isn't one of these players Kentucky fans are shitting on next year.

Decent guard. Can guard both positions.
The scoring and being able to create at a high level isn't known yet.
I do think he could provide something on the perimeter with his defense early in his career.

Washington is going to be good. He's a lot like Brandon Knight. He's got all the tools and size. Wheeler is a good get for us, although there's some other fans on here that are skeptical. He's an assist machine. 4th in the nation in assists and led the SEC TO's to assists ratio. With our bigs and shooters, Wheeler will be an asset.

I like our team for next year. Great balance. 3 top 15 transfers, 2 solid recruits (i'm not sure about the 3rd one). We probably need another big for added depth.

Washington is going to be good. He's a lot like Brandon Knight. He's got all the tools and size. Wheeler is a good get for us, although there's some other fans on here that are skeptical. He's an assist machine. 4th in the nation in assists and led the SEC TO's to assists ratio. With our bigs and shooters, Wheeler will be an asset.

I like our team for next year. Great balance. 3 top 15 transfers, 2 solid recruits (i'm not sure about the 3rd one). We probably need another big for added depth.

Comparisons to Knight are part of the problem.

Knight was a for sure one and done. One of the best players in the country .

Washington. Top 50 player but one whose rating jumped because teams needed a guard because of the transfer portal

Two different types of players. Washington is a work in process. He says that as well as Calipari.

• Haha
Reactions: crazyqx83
Too much here...

Those aren't rhe reasons he won't end up at Florida State.

Plus Mitchell left and then UMASS fired Bergeron.

They fired him because he didnt keep him there....

So if this kid was looking out for him still he would still be at UMASS

You’re way off base on this.

ADVERTISEMENT