ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Transfer Thread***

So, like half our team is transfers at this point. Are other teams having this same experience or just Kentucky? I have no idea who's even on the roster right now.
We thought OAD screwed up college basketball. Then, Transfer Portal was all like, “Hold my beer.”

To answer your question, I’ll wait til the dust settles. Any idea when that is, last days of transferring.

And that is the whole reason why I started doing a preseason top 50 with rosters included. Keeping up with the turnover is impossible. I'm going to try and release my top 25 transfer recruiting classes in a week or two.
Yea, both of those would be extremely helpful this year. The amount of research you do and time you put in must be a lot. You deserve more than a simple thank you, but thank you.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
We thought OAD screwed up college basketball. Then, Transfer Portal was all like, “Hold my beer.”

To answer your question, I’ll wait til the dust settles. Any idea when that is, last days of transferring.

Most of the quality players have already committed. Unfortunately, this may drag on for a while. I remember Andrew White didn't commit to Syracuse (via Nebaska) until the last week of August. Don't think I've ever checked up on a transfer as often as I have for him. Still have quite a few good ones available like Marcus Carr, Tre Mitchell, Quincy Guerrier, and Bryce Hamilton. The drama ain't over yet, that's for sure.

Most of the quality players have already committed. Unfortunately, this may drag on for a while. I remember Andrew White didn't commit to Syracuse (via Nebaska) until the last week of August. Don't think I've ever checked up on a transfer as often as I have for him. Still have quite a few good ones available like Marcus Carr, Tre Mitchell, Quincy Guerrier, and Bryce Hamilton. The drama ain't over yet, that's for sure.

Just an easy link to deadlines for everyone.

Sardaar Calhoun is transferring from FSU. 6’6 SG with ridiculous bounce and speed in the open court. 40%+ shooter from 3, silky smooth stroke. Doesn’t really know how to play defense.

On the surface this sucks. A lot. After his normal growing pains this year (juco kid) I was expecting him to play a significant role next season. And with us already losing Gray and Balsa...it sucks.

But I have heard some rumors of him being a bit toxic from a culture standpoint. Nothing concrete or specific, just that the staff wasn’t happy with how he’s been handling off season workouts and some of FSU’s culture stuff. So maybe they asked him to leave and it’s for the best?

Idk. Sure is a lot of turnover for the Noles though. Definitely not thinking top 10 team at this point.

Have to imagine it’s a very exciting time for ‘Zona fans. Looks like next year could be rough, but Lloyd is building a really strong foundation faster than I expected.
I've been on their campus - they are probably always happy out there it's just a beautiful place

Have to imagine it’s a very exciting time for ‘Zona fans. Looks like next year could be rough, but Lloyd is building a really strong foundation faster than I expected.

Gonna be fun to see how he constructs his roster. Right now, I'm seeing 10 committed scholarship players for 2022, and 8 of them are international players. This upcoming team could definitely use more guards. Tubelis should be a 1st Team All-Conference performer next year. Larsson has a shot at making one of the all-conference teams. They'll still need more firepower, IMO.

Bennedict Mathurin - Montreal, Quebec (Hatian descent)
Azuolas Tubelis- Lithuania
Pelle Larsson- Finland
Kerr Kriisa- Estonia
Christian Koloko- Cameroon
Oumar Ballo- Mali
Daniel Botcho- France
Tautvilas Tubelis- Lithuania

Dalen Terry- Arizona
Shane Nowell- Washington (Jaylen's younger brother)

Pelle Larsson to Arizona. Great pickup for Tommy Lloyd. I like this kid. I think he has NBA potential.

I wish you guys would list the school the player is transferring from in these posts. Have no idea who a lot of these players are including this Larson guy.

I wish you guys would list the school the player is transferring from in these posts. Have no idea who a lot of these players are including this Larson guy.

I mentioned him in page 18 of this thread. Great looking Finnish prospect who played at Utah last year. Needs to limit his turnovers, but he has a really high ceiling.

Utah's Pelle Larsson is in the portal. I'd take him in a heartbeat. He was a true freshman this year. 8 ppg, 3 reb, 3 assist, 46% 3-pt, 88% ft. Great shooter and athletic. Reminds me a little bit of Pat Connaughton.

Gonna be fun to see how he constructs his roster. Right now, I'm seeing 10 committed scholarship players for 2022, and 8 of them are international players. This upcoming team could definitely use more guards. Tubelis should be a 1st Team All-Conference performer next year. Larsson has a shot at making one of the all-conference teams. They'll still need more firepower, IMO.

Pelle Larsson- Finland
Kerr Kriisa- Estonia
Oumar Ballo- Mali
Daniel Botcho- France

Dalen Terry- Arizona
What kind of role do you see Ballo playing next year? Intrigued by him, but don’t know much other than the hype shrouded in mystery

Rivaldo Soares from South Plains College commits to Oregon. I've heard the coaching staff is real high on him. Can't wait to see him play

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Brazilian?
Interesting way to spell Suarez

He was born in the US but that seems like a Brazilian name

Definitely of Brazilian descent. Looks like he's from Boston. I lived there a few years back, and believe it or not, there are some 250,000 Brazilians in the greater area of Boston. Soares is a pretty common surname for Brazilians.

What kind of role do you see Ballo playing next year? Intrigued by him, but don’t know much other than the hype shrouded in mystery

Big question mark for me. He had a lot of hype before he ever suited up for Gonzaga, and for good reason. Was one of the most dominant players at the FIBA U-19 World Cup. Led the tournament in rebounds and blocks (close to 12 rebounds and 4 blocks a game). And Mali made it all the way to the championship game. I still can't get over that. Mali making it to the championship game is remarkable. Mali has never qualified for the Olympics or the FIBA World Cup. So yeah, quite an accomplishment, even if it was just a bunch of teenagers.

I thought he was going to be a major contributor for the Zags this year, but he really only got spot minutes and mop-up duty time. Wasn't overly impressed with him in the limited time I saw him; he wasn't a commanding force in the paint, and he fouled a lot. Who knows what a different location and role could do for him, though? And obviously it's hard to establish any sort of rhythm if you don't get consistent minutes. As of right now, I would project Tubelis and Koloko to start in the frontcourt for Arizona. So, perhaps he'll be the first big off the bench and get 12-18 minutes a night next season.

Reactions: WojoRising
Big question mark for me. He had a lot of hype before he ever suited up for Gonzaga, and for good reason. Was one of the most dominant players at the FIBA U-19 World Cup. Led the tournament in rebounds and blocks (close to 12 rebounds and 4 blocks a game). And Mali made it all the way to the championship game. I still can't get over that. Mali making it to the championship game is remarkable. Mali has never qualified for the Olympics or the FIBA World Cup. So yeah, quite an accomplishment, even if it was just a bunch of teenagers.

I thought he was going to be a major contributor for the Zags this year, but he really only got spot minutes and mop-up duty time. Wasn't overly impressed with him in the limited time I saw him; he wasn't a commanding force in the paint, and he fouled a lot. Who knows what a different location and role could do for him, though? And obviously it's hard to establish any sort of rhythm if you don't get consistent minutes. As of right now, I would project Tubelis and Koloko to start in the frontcourt for Arizona. So, perhaps he'll be the first big off the bench and get 12-18 minutes a night next season.
Good stuff. He’s definitely an interesting prospect to watch

Reactions: dukedevilz
E1G1Qw8X0AMUoHB

This would probably be a good message for most transfers.

Pelle Larsson- Finland
Kerr Kriisa- Estonia
Oumar Ballo- Mali
Daniel Botcho- France

Dalen Terry- Arizona

One more international prospect has committed to Arizona, Adama Bal out of France. So, 9 of the 11 Arizona players aren't American. Impressive.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Looks like our guard situation will be alleviated this weekend. Ty Washington and most likely Sahvir Wheeler. With our bigs and wings I like Wheeler.

Bryce Thompson to Oklahoma State.
Yuuuuuhhhh!!!! If he would have committed last year I believe we would have had the top overall recruiting ranking, think we wound up 4th or 8th depending on source. Okie states a deep, loaded team next year of mostly sophomore and juniors. Tons of athletes and defenders, thin at the bigs though.

Yuuuuuhhhh!!!! If he would have committed last year I believe we would have had the top overall recruiting ranking, think we wound up 4th or 8th depending on source. Okie states a deep, loaded team next year of mostly sophomore and juniors. Tons of athletes and defenders, thin at the bigs though.

Watch Boone add about 10 pounds of muscle this off-season
He needs it.
He actually has the most upside on that team.

Reactions: Dirk4177
ADVERTISEMENT