ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Selection Sunday Thread***

West Virginia vs Morehead State:

s-l300.jpg

If you are a replacement team,how do handle a possible NIT invite? And how does the NIT handle this?

If you are a replacement team,how do handle a possible NIT invite? And how does the NIT handle this?
NIT is meaningless for bubble teams that fail to make it to the March madness. A replacement team should just reject NIT bids and take a chance for March Madness. Though I wonder how the seeding will work out if one of KU and Virginia drops out, they can’t just replace them directly by Louisville and Colorado right? They will have to reseed then?

I also think this first four out being eligible to take the place of a team with Covid issues is super dumb. What if Louisville is the first team out and then a 14 seed has Covid issues? Do they take their place or only if it is a similarly seeded type team? Whole thing seems super dumb.

they said during the show that if a automatic qualifier gets DQ'd they'd be replaced by a team in their conference.

Reactions: ChiTownSean
NIT is meaningless for bubble teams that fail to make it to the March madness. A replacement team should just reject NIT bids and take a chance for March Madness. Though I wonder how the seeding will work out if one of KU and Virginia drops out, they can’t just replace them directly by Louisville and Colorado right? They will have to reseed then?
I mean I guess.....Just curious how it would work if say UL accepts an NIT bid, then a team goes down.

As for seeding....Not sure how they would do that. I'd say teams would move, up etc, etc...

It's dumb. Should just be a forfeit. Make the best of it. Of course, after Tuesday it's done anyway.

Was kind of expecting this. NCAA really hates Louisville. Oh well, on to the nba.

I just realized that KU has a chance to meet Wichita St again. Any chance those dirtbags beat USC?

32 years and counting for KU. Now that Duke missed I wonder who the next closest is.
Technically its UNC with 27. No tourney last year. We all know they were not getting a bid, so its Michigan State at 23.

FTR, Gonzaga is at 21.

Texas/Alabama playing for a Final 4.

Like the draw.

Bama is pretty overrated.
We play really good defense and run
Not really.

Bama's performance against OU says a lot.

Watch out for UCONN they were under seeded.
Wrong. It was a meaningless 11 am road game right in the middle of what was at the time a season making or breaking conference run. If Bama has intensity and shoots well, they’d beat anyone in the country. Still can beat most not shooting great.

1st round upset picks:
#13 Ohio over #4 Virginia
#12 Winthrop over #5 Villanova
#12 Georgetown over #5 Colorado
#11 Syracuse over #6 San Diego State
#11 Michigan State over #6 BYU
#10 Rutgers over #7 Clemson
#10 VCU over #7 Oregon

• Angry
Reactions: mkuwonder
Not really.

Bama's performance against OU says a lot.

Watch out for UCONN they were under seeded.

👀says what exactly..I don't think you can judge a team based on one game, and Bama only lost by 5 to Oklahoma.

Oklahoma despite their record is a hard team to figure out. Oklahoma beat three No. 3 seeds in the tournament (Texas, West Virginia, Kansas) including West Virginia 2x. The BIG12 is better than the SEC as a whole though this year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT