ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Selection Sunday Thread***

Florida is 14-9 out of the SEC and they got a 7 seed? Wow.

If KJ didn’t nearly die on the court we’d have beaten 3 more money game teams to be 17-9 and make the record look better like everyone else did.

We have I think 5 Q1 wins. Pretty fair to be a 7.

I really hate automatic qualifiers having to play a play in game.

I hate the play in games period but if you have them then you are absolutely right. They should all have a chance at the magic of the dance in terms of the big upset.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I actually like that we got Rutgers, but then again Rutgers have had a lot of close losses against good teams

I also think this first four out being eligible to take the place of a team with Covid issues is super dumb. What if Louisville is the first team out and then a 14 seed has Covid issues? Do they take their place or only if it is a similarly seeded type team? Whole thing seems super dumb.

I didn’t understand either.

Duke officially popped Louisville’s bubble. I thought they might have but now it’s official.
They helped...But GTown and Oregon State winning their conf tourney's was the final nail(s). If either had lost, UL is in.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
If KJ didn’t nearly die on the court we’d have beaten 3 more money game teams to be 17-9 and make the record look better like everyone else did.

We have I think 5 Q1 wins. Pretty fair to be a 7.
Thats a what-if scenario, which may or may not happen, you cant use predictions against facts. By your logic, a lot of schools have the COVID excuse as well. Its not the first time that the Florida Gators received higher seeds than they deserved though, its a routine and unsurprising to anyone who watched the selection show the past 10 years.

Reactions: bama100
MSU has 5 quad 1 wins. 4-1 in quad 2. No quad 3 or 4 losses.

And Syracuse and Utah state were seeded higher?

How?

Yeah UF, at best, should be a 10 type seed, and that may be being too generous.

Can anyone enlighten me why Georgetown is a 12 seed this time while back in 2008 Georgia was only a 14 seed? I thought these two teams had similar resumes.

ADVERTISEMENT