ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Selection Sunday Thread***

jhmossy

Aug 9, 2017
Team
Virginia
One of the best days of the year is finally upon us.

Before the bracket comes out, make predictions on your team's bracket.

I think UVA will be a 4-seed playing 13-seed UNCG. Paired with 5-seed Tennessee and 12-seed Winthrop. Paired with 1-seed Illinois

I also really hope UVA is able to play in the tourney and doesn't have to forfeit.

Good thread idea!

My HOPE is that FSU draws a 6 seed. But my bet is that we are a 5 seed in Gonzaga’s bracket—because we are always out in the Zags damn bracket.

So I’ll say 5 seed paired up with either Georgetown or Oregon State, and Purdue as our 4 seed. We beat both and then get handled by the Zags in the Sweet 16.

I’ll say WV a 4 in Michigan’s region with 5 seed Tennessee. None of this matters though because Liberty will be the 13

Reactions: Villian07
I was convinced we’d be the 8 in the Illinois bracket. Seems we’ve upped our seed to a 7 now though.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I hope we get in period.

kinda hope we play in the first four so we might actually win a tourney game for the first time since effin 2015 it feels like.

if not I hope we are a 10 or 11 and I wouldn’t mind seeing arky or nova. Not that I think we are better but they have been struggling a bit down the stretch.

Gators will be an 8 seed paired with 9 seed Virginia Tech and the 1 seed will be Gonzaga for the committee’s hopeful storyline of Nembhard vs. Florida.

Reactions: GE Nole and jhmossy
Oregon probably has slipped to a 7 seed. Hoping for a good matchup. ESPN has Oregon matched up with St. Bonaventure. Bonnies have a better team than their resume suggests, I hope we avoid them.

With some bids being stolen yesterday I’m sweating. We should be in, but you never know with the committee.

Reactions: duckboy33
I just want Kansas to be able to play and be at full strength.

I’m guessing we are a 3 seed with Michigan as our 1 and Alabama as our 2

I just want Kansas to be able to play and be at full strength.

I’m guessing we are a 3 seed with Michigan as our 1 and Alabama as our 2

I’ll take it.

My biggest concern is drawing a bad matchup in the 2nd round. Sounds likely that we won’t have Wilson for two rounds.

Edit: Actually, the biggest concern is having a slew of positive tests this week, of course.

Of course Gonzaga, Baylor and Illinois are locked for top seeds, the last one is debatable. Alabama deserves it if they win the SEC tourney, though odds may be in Michigan's favor. If history is of any indication, the committees dont seem to care about the last 1-2 days of the conference tournaments. This means that they've made their selections before today, and the results of Sunday's games wont change much.

I’ll take it.

My biggest concern is drawing a bad matchup in the 2nd round. Sounds likely that we won’t have Wilson for two rounds.

Edit: Actually, the biggest concern is having a slew of positive tests this week, of course.
we don’t know that it is him but I agree

I personally don't care just as long as we are in it which we should be. We were projected to finish 10th in the preseason, but ended up finishing 4th/5th during the regular season.

Joe has you all as the last 4 in, but I'd have to imagine you get in. I won't go as far and say you were robbed if you didn't, but surely you guys are.
Ultimately we prob won’t do shit in the tourney if we get in, but it would be nice to win a game as Villain said.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Ewd4nB9XEAA_l_V

Just wanna get in. If we do, it’s looking like an 11 seed.
Hell I’d rather be an 11 than a 8/9 or even a 4/5 this year bc the 3 top 1 seeds are seemingly head and shoulders above most of the 2-3 seeds, imo.

Reactions: UL_1986
Apparently had CIncy won today, it would have knocked you guys out?

according to Lunardi?

And eff cincy still. Maxiel and Hicks used to dominate us back in the good old days when you actually played all of ur rivals.

ADVERTISEMENT