ADVERTISEMENT

*** Official SEC In-Season Thread***

It wasn't a 14 pt ass kicking at home. We still sitting much better than y'all are.
Wait wait wait….we beat y’all at your home court but you’re setting better than us??? I guess that’s like the net rankings and the here and now right?😂

Wait wait wait….we beat y’all at your home court but you’re better than us???
Yeah, you have 8 losses and are looking at the NIT. We dropped in Dance seeding with this loss.

Yeah, you have 8 losses and are looking at the NIT. We dropped in Dance seeding with this loss.
Again, stop making up shit! We are as of now in the dance so your woulda coulda shoulda bullshit is exactly that…bullshit! Go google your KenPom and net rankings and smile. I know you love that shit. As for me I’m gonna admire Jerry Stackhouse!😂😘

Reactions: winin11
Just wanted to drop by and congratulate any Vandy fans for that win. Well done!

Now I’m going to return to trying to keep my lungs inside my chest cavity. Sucks being sick!

• Sad
Reactions: cdbearde and della
Again, stop making up shit! We are as of now in the dance so your woulda coulda shoulda bullshit is exactly that…bullshit! Go google your KenPom and net rankings and smile. I know you love that shit. As for me I’m gonna admire Jerry Stackhouse!😂😘
What made up? You rank #39 in KenPom. Another difference, I didn't rush out and admire Muscleman, but since you're eat up with UT I understand.

Now I’m going to return to trying to keep my lungs inside my chest cavity. Sucks being sick!
Yeah, they played a great game. Too bad that don't have any fans on the board anymore.

Take care of yourself Ghost.

Last edited:
Reactions: GhostVol

No worries. There are none here. Get well soon!

What made up? You rank #39 in KenPom. Another difference, I didn't rush out and admire Muscleman, but since you're eat up with UT I understand.
We are listed in the dance as of today. Just because you want us to miss the dance doesn’t mean we are out. As far as us being #39 it doesn’t surprise me that you know that. You keep up with UK daily. Yea you got me sissy, I can’t get enough of that elite 8 banner. Ate up I tell ya!😂

We are listed in the dance as of today. Just because you want us to miss the dance doesn’t mean we are out. As far as us being #39 it doesn’t surprise me that you know that. You keep up with UK daily. Yea you got me sissy, I can’t get enough of that elite 8 banner. Ate up I tell ya!😂
11210191-3054379555405064.jpg

😆

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Go on to bed LuLu. You’re making yourself look salty baby girl. Anchor (no pun intended) that bed down and get some loving from your hubby! We will talk tomorrow. Hugs and kisses!😘

• Haha
Go on to bed LuLu. You’re making yourself look salty baby girl. Anchor (no pun intended) that bed down and get some loving from your hubby! We will talk tomorrow. Hugs and kisses!😘
You're eat up with UT.
Poor baby... 😆

One of my buddies that’s a Vandy fan who went to the game said that he figured everybody would rush the floor if Vandy won but then they was all talking about how UT had lost to several unranked teams so if they did win it wouldn’t be anything special.

Off to bed Sissy. We can talk tomorrow when you’re not so upset! Sleep good😴
good night swerk GIF
I checked Kenyon to see the damage. UT dropped to #3, but UK dropped to #41. 😆

I checked Kenyon to see the damage. UT dropped to #3, but UK dropped to #41. 😆
Ok thanks for that info! I’ll sleep better knowing that. Tell Kenyon I said Night night!😂

Hey bud, I don't know what is going on with your health, and it's none of my business. But I wish you the best, we are getting older and never know what we will face with our health. God bless you and your family!!!!!!

Hope everything is ok man!

Manjon's decision to forego the layup was very questionable. Kick it out to a 30% 3-point shooter? Okay, so a wide-open catch-and-shoot might increase the odds to what? 45%, best case scenario?

He had an open layup. Guessing they were going for the win all along. But, the left side of the glass is free for the taking. He's already launched into the air before Vescovi even attempts to block the shot.

Manjon-Tennessee.jpg

Manjon's decision to forego the layup was very questionable. Kick it out to a 30% 3-point shooter? Okay, so a wide-open catch-and-shoot might increase the odds to what? 45%, best case scenario?

He had an open layup. Guessing they were going for the win all along. But, the left side of the glass is free for the taking. He's already launched into the air before Vescovi even attempts to block the shot.

Manjon-Tennessee.jpg
Did you happen to watch this game? It was wild at the end. There were like 18 secs left with UT up by 2 with possession and Vandy still had 5 fouls to give before UT was in the 1-and-1. Towards the end of this inbound/foul sequence UT got a runout and what would have been a free layup to go up 4 with like 10 seconds left (icing the game, essentially). Instead, the Vol player decided to bring it back out to the perimeter to run clock... big mistake. Barnes was livid, lol. Then Vescovi gets fouled, misses the front end of the 1-and-1, and the rest is history.

Did you happen to watch this game? It was wild at the end. There were like 18 secs left with UT up by 2 with possession and Vandy still had 5 fouls to give before UT was in the 1-and-1. Towards the end of this inbound/foul sequence UT got a runout and what would have been a free layup to go up 4 with like 10 seconds left (icing the game, essentially). Instead, the Vol player decided to bring it back out to the perimeter to run clock... big mistake. Barnes was livid, lol. Then Vescovi gets fouled, misses the front end of the 1-and-1, and the rest is history.

I didn't. I was watching Creighton-Seton Hall & Iowa State-WVU during that time. Figured it would be an easy win. Just watched video of the final minute. Yikes! What a costly mistake by Phillips.

I think a lot of young players subconsciously think "the clock is my friend." Yes, milk the clock a little when you have the lead. But, when have a 99% shot waiting for you, you absolutely take it. There's a difference if a layup could have been contested, of course. But wow, he had a crazy amount of space to comfortably lay that in.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I didn't. I was watching Creighton-Seton Hall & Iowa State-WVU during that time. Figured it would be an easy win. Just watched video of the final minute. Yikes! What a costly mistake by Phillips.

I think a lot of young players subconsciously think "the clock is my friend." Yes, milk the clock a little when you have the lead. But, when have a 99% shot waiting for you, you absolutely take it. There's a difference if a layup could have been contested, of course. But wow, he had a crazy amount of space to comfortably lay that in.
Poor guy. He was just trying to make what he thought was the smart play at the moment, only it wasn't. When you have the chance to go up 2 scores, you do it, especially with so little time left on the clock.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Good win for Stackhouse and the Vandy team! I just hate it for the viles.......NOT!

• Haha
Good win for Stackhouse and the Vandy team! I just hate it for the viles.......NOT!
You're right, it was a great win for them. Stackhouse is doing a real good job and deserved a win like this. I just wish it had come at y'all's expense.

Reactions: winin11
Bama at that other bunch of Orange that ryhymes with nothing!!! lol RTR!!!
Can't come up with something catchy for Orange? How about this?

Orange you sad the Vols turning the Tide back on the 15th?

• Haha
Reactions: RTider77
Probably true, but don't discount the fertile recruiting area they are in. They are as solid a basketball school as anyone else in the country right now.
I'll buy that when they can keep it going post-Sampson.

Maybe, maybe not. There's no reason to assume that they'll make a bad hire or that recruiting will fall off a cliff. And what makes you so sure that Texas will be a strong program without Beard? It's completely up in the air. Over the last 15 years, Texas has averaged a 5th place finish in the Big 12. 4 tourney wins in that span and one in the last 8 years. And their coaches were Barnes, Beard and Smart. It's far from guaranteed that their next coach will be better than any of them, much less all of them.

Regardless, I thought you were saying that the Big 12 would take a step down right away. If you're talking years from now, well, who knows if the conference will even exist or if all the big dogs will still be there.
Looks to me like Texas hasn’t missed a beat without Chris Beard, in fact, they might be better. This interim coach they have is doing a heck of a job.

Looks to me like Texas hasn’t missed a beat without Chris Beard, in fact, they might be better. This interim coach they have is doing a heck of a job.

This is the best roster they've had in a long time. It's far from guaranteed that the next coach will be able to build teams this good.

ADVERTISEMENT