ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

Yeah I dont think Hunter will be ready for more than a reserve role in year one (hope to be wrong here), but like the pick up a lot.

If he can put on legit weight before the year I think he can make an impact. Dude needs to gain like 40 pounds haha.

Reactions: guppy likes purdue
ready to arbitrarily pick an IU and Purdue guard and endlessly debate who's better.

LETS DO THIS

giphy.gif

Green is better than Edwards don’t @ Me
Reported.

I’m so hyped for people to claim MSU will be the 7 seed in the conference. I just want to be under rated so bad, not get all this media attention.

where's the scoring coming from? badly need some shooting w/ the departure of RoJo.
Returning a good core of Morgan, who has a chance at 1st Team, Davis, Smith, Green, Durham, McRoberts. Bringing in Top 20 recruiting class with multiple guys who are known for being good shooters. Granted, I know they're going to be freshman and struggle at times. If we get Romeo, we could be a contender for the B10 Championship. Not saying we're going to win it or anything, but we should be right there, IMO. No Romeo, I think we're a Top five(ish) B10 team.

Next year, early speculation based on some known decisions and projections....

Top 11-20 - in no particular order

Michigan - no Mo, Matthews stays
Michigan State - Nick Ward comes back
Maryland - Jackson out, Bruno stays

NCAA 9-11 seeds

Nebraska - kids return from testing waters
Indiana - for now, cusp top 25 with Langford
Wisconsin - if Happ stays

NIT

Purdue - need another transfer for NCAA
Penn State - wish Carr was staying
Ohio State - need grad transfers
Minnesota - should rebound a little bit

No postseason

Rutgers
Illinois
Iowa
Northwestern

NCAA 9-11 seeds

NIT

No postseason

Rutgers
Illinois
Iowa
Northwestern
of course every 4* player on the Iowa roster are nothing but scum that is scrapped off the bottom of the barrel that can't even tie their own shoes.

why don't you take the perma ban bet?

With or without Langford, I would guess IU is a NCAA Tourney team.
I'd put them at almost a lock with Langford (injuries or suspensions being the potential limiter). Without Langford, I think it is better than 50/50. I need to see offseason roster shakeouts before finalizing how much better than 50/50.

NCAA 9-11 seeds

NIT

No postseason

Rutgers
Illinois
Iowa
Northwestern
Purdue is already an NCAA tournament team if Carsen returns.

I'd put them at almost a lock with Langford (injuries or suspensions being the potential limiter). Without Langford, I think it is better than 50/50. I need to see offseason roster shakeouts before finalizing how much better than 50/50.
Suspensions? Don't understand that one at all. Not sure where you're going with that. With Langford, I don't think it's even a question we'll make the tourney. Without Langford, I would agree with the greater than 50% and not sure on how much greater until we see final rosters and schedules.

of course every 4* player on the Iowa roster are nothing but scum that is scrapped off the bottom of the barrel that can't even tie their own shoes.

why don't you take the perma ban bet?

Did those four star players even win a conference game last year? Cannot recall

IMO they are. :)
Why? They lose the most production out of, what, any of the other B10 team? They don't bring in anyone of major note. You have guys that should help, but Carsen can't do it all by himself.

NCAA 9-11 seeds

NIT

No postseason

Rutgers
Illinois
Iowa
Northwestern
I agree with this list, but I’d say Nebraska and Indiana (with Langford) will be higher than 9-11seeds. I’d say more like 6-8 ish

Why? They lose the most production out of, what, any of the other B10 team? They don't bring in anyone of major note. You have guys that should help, but Carsen can't do it all by himself.
Carsen will be an All-American again. We bring in a productive forward who will rebound and play his ass off. We also are actively looking for another grad-transfer guard. I like Wheeler's potential off a redshirt year to contribute. I like Haarms & Eastern developing better jump shots. We will be more athletic overall. And we have a good coach who has proven he can develop players. It's definitely not ludicrous to look at Purdue's roster and say they aren't an NCAA tournament team.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
I agree with this list, but I’d say Nebraska and Indiana (with Langford) will be higher than 9-11seeds. I’d say more like 6-8 ish
I would say even higher than that, IMO, with Langford.

Did those four star players even win a conference game last year? Cannot recall
they did including a 1st round win in the BTT. they beat Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois and NW

like I said take the bet or STFU.

Carsen will be an All-American again. We bring in a productive forward who will rebound and play his ass off. We also are actively looking for another grad-transfer guard. I like Wheeler's potential off a redshirt year to contribute. I like Haarms & Eastern developing better jump shots. We will be more athletic overall. And we have a good coach who has proven he can develop players. It's definitely not ludicrous to look at Purdue's roster and say they aren't an NCAA tournament team.
Lots and lots and lots and lots of question marks and assumptions on your part. You lose most of your experience. Unproven starters. Unproven freshman/sophomores. You're basically assuming the best case scenario. It likely won't work out completely the way you laid it out. Edwards will be a beast. But who else? Haarms? Disappeared when his team needed him the most. Eastern? His jump shot looks worse than my grandmothers, and she's 93. You guys won't be terrible by any stretch. But again, tons of question marks that you are assuming work out in the best possible scenario. I assume some of those things will pan out, some won't. Bubble team. Which way will they fall? Not sure.

Lots and lots and lots and lots of question marks and assumptions on your part. You lose most of your experience. Unproven starters. Unproven freshman/sophomores. You're basically assuming the best case scenario. It likely won't work out completely the way you laid it out. Edwards will be a beast. But who else? Haarms? Disappeared when his team needed him the most. Eastern? His jump shot looks worse than my grandmothers, and she's 93. You guys won't be terrible by any stretch. But again, tons of question marks that you are assuming work out in the best possible scenario. I assume some of those things will pan out, some won't. Bubble team. Which way will they fall? Not sure.
OK just thinking that guys will improve this off-season and other players will be able to step in and have an opportunity to prove themselves. I think we're a solid tourney team with this roster and especially when/if we add another grad-transfer guard.

That’s a bit wishful. Maybe if everything clicks all correctly, maybe 5? I don’t see them being a 4 or better.
Why not? If we get Langford, we're going to be tough. We need our guard play to get better and it's taken care of with Langford (given we get him). My whole assumption is based on our progression throughout the season. Our early struggles had a lot to do with Archie's new system offensively and defensively. Our defense got significantly better throughout the year and we were pretty darn tough at the end of the season. Offensively we just need more firepower. Don't forget that we also lost our only real big man in De'ron Davis. He'll be back. We bring in a Top 20 recruiting class that should contribute some. That recruiting class could be Top 10 if we add Langford. Given the year in Archie's system, returning most of our core players, our progression through the season last year, I don't think it's crazy to think we could be ranked next year. Don't think it's a given by any means, but not out of the picture at all.

I think I just witnessed the emptiest B1G outright championship in MSU followed by the emptiest title game run by UM.

Best absolutely no of consequence, set record for easiest draw, then just get absolutely run off the court in a pathetically boring game.

But MSU and UM both get to hang banners..yay

Why not? If we get Langford, we're going to be tough. We need our guard play to get better and it's taken care of with Langford (given we get him). My whole assumption is based on our progression throughout the season. Our early struggles had a lot to do with Archie's new system offensively and defensively. Our defense got significantly better throughout the year and we were pretty darn tough at the end of the season. Offensively we just need more firepower. Don't forget that we also lost our only real big man in De'ron Davis. He'll be back. We bring in a Top 20 recruiting class that should contribute some. That recruiting class could be Top 10 if we add Langford. Given the year in Archie's system, returning most of our core players, our progression through the season last year, I don't think it's crazy to think we could be ranked next year. Don't think it's a given by any means, but not out of the picture at all.
I do think they will be ranked, but 4 seeds and higher are top 16. The team is quite good, but with the players plus Langford, I’m just not seeing a top 4 seed caliber team. I mean, there is always a chance, if everything clicks and they all hit in perfectly, but I wold say it is quite unlikely

BSPN posting another garbage list

MSU 11
UM 12
Purdue 24

Indiana and Maryland not ranked, but Purdue is? That’s questionable. MSU above Michigan? This is assuming Wagner leaves and Ward comes back, but like, still.

MSU 11
UM 12
Purdue 24

Indiana and Maryland not ranked, but Purdue is? That’s questionable. MSU above Michigan? This is assuming Wagner leaves and Ward comes back, but like, still.
Cmon man. Indiana & Maryland are just as questionable as Purdue. Don’t act like that it’s that cut & dry.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11

MSU 11
UM 12
Purdue 24

If Wagner leaves and Ward comes back really not that much of a stretch...but I still wouldn't put MSU ahead of UM.

Simpson, Poole, and Mathews at the 1,2 and 3 is better than what MSU has right now starting but Tilman/Ward will be a very solid front court.

Not out of the question that Winston and Langford become a better duo than Poole and Simpson but who knows. Need to see them play on the court.

Cmon man. Indiana & Maryland are just as questionable as Purdue. Don’t act like that it’s that cut & dry.

Don't see Maryland being as questionable as Purdue. Their starting 5 will be very good and talented.

MSU 11
UM 12
Purdue 24

Why in the world would IU be ranked, haha wut

ADVERTISEMENT