ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

here is what Fran has done
increased the attendance by 50%+
win 18+ games in 6 straight seasons in the programs history.
won 20+ games in 4 straight seasons the longest stretch in 15 years.
125 victory's from 12-17 being the most over a 6 year span since the 1985 to the 1990 seasons,
best season was 25 wins the 2nd most in the programs history
avg'd 20 wps in the last 7 seasons and that includes this last season where Iowa won just 14.

Gilligan was the only one saying it might make sense. No MSU fan thought he would stay. With a player like him, I really don’t think it makes much sense to stay, as he is top 7 at least on every draft board.

I think some MSU fans thought he would stay (not necessarily the handful here), but that was primarily a function of your fanboy beat writers pushing articles on why it would be a good idea.

here is what Fran has done
increased the attendance by 50%+
win 18+ games in 6 straight seasons in the programs history.
won 20+ games in 4 straight seasons the longest stretch in 15 years.
125 victory's from 12-17 being the most over a 6 year span since the 1985 to the 1990 seasons,
best season was 25 wins the 2nd most in the programs history
avg'd 20 wps in the last 7 seasons and that includes this last season where Iowa won just 14.

giphy.gif

its because of those that say Iowa won't improve with a improved group of players. this team as just as much talent or more than Lute had the years his team shared the BT Championship and his FF team as well as Dr. Tom's Elite 8 and both of his Sweet 16 teams did.

I think some MSU fans thought he would stay (not necessarily the handful here), but that was primarily a function of your fanboy beat writers pushing articles on why it would be a good idea.
I only know of one who said that. He’s actually a solid reporter, probably just trying to stir the pot.

Anyone want to put together a transfer list?
Here's what I was able to find so far.

Outgoing:
Curtis Jones - Indiana (Oklahoma State)
Michael Finke - Illinois
Te'Jon Lucas - Illinois
Mark Smith - Illinois
Brady Ellingson - Iowa
Christian Williams - Iowa (Indiana State)
Dion Wiley - Maryland
Davante Fitzgerald - Minnesota (Stephen F. Austin)
Isiah Brown - Northwestern
Johnnie Vassar - Northwestern
Eden Ewing - Purdue
Matt Bullock - Rutgers
Ibrahima Diallo - Rutgers (Manhattan)
Andy Van Vliet - Wisconsin

Incoming:
Evan Boudreaux - Purdue (Dartmouth)
Schnider Herard - Maryland (Mississippi State)
Trevor Anderson* - Wisconsin (Green Bay)
Braden Burke* - Michigan State (Robert Morris)

*walk-on

Last edited:
Yea he gone

I don’t know who gives our guys advice or if its only coming from friends and family, but all of our guys make the wrong choice in staying or going.
As in, they are all choosing to leave Eyeroll

Melo should have left after his freshman year, but yea. Roll your eyes all you want, but I’m not wrong.
You can’t say your not wrong, because you don’t know. People thought Miles coming back was a good decision for his draft stock, and it dropped. It typically doesn’t work out for these kids.

What? You legitimately can’t call it this early, like saying “ this was the right or wrong call”. I think Jackson should have left, 100%. But that’s my opinion. We’ll never know. That’s all I’m saying.

Question: If Wagner returns, can he compete w/ Frank's senior year? I personally think he can. One of the biggest areas he needs to improve is to just play smarter and foul less, so he doesn't have to sit so often.

I'm a huge Carsen fan, but considering what Michigan returns, I think it's more likely that Mo would win BTPOY. My guess is Carsen's efficiency takes a pretty big hit unless we have some guys break out fast. Also expect Happ to have a pretty monster year with his teammates getting another season to develop and get healthy.

Reactions: jwardelt
What? You legitimately can’t call it this early, like saying “ this was the right or wrong call”. I think Jackson should have left, 100%. But that’s my opinion. We’ll never know. That’s all I’m saying.

Just for shits and giggles lets entertain your notion. Jackson isn't slotted to go in the first round, in fact last I looked he will probably be late 2nd to undrafted. With his injury, he won’t be able to do anything at the combine or he will at least be limited, so his chances of moving up are slim. Bruno, if he declares, is also slated to go late or undrafted. If they both go undrafted, how could they possibly hurt their draft stocks by coming back? Going from late 2nd one year to undrafted the next is very negligible. Miles Bridges is a terrible comparison because he was a top 10-15 pick last year.

Hard to believe this thread is officially official. Seasons go by way too quick

This past year was the most enjoyable bad season I've ever experienced as a sports fan. Glad it's over, though. Everyone 0-0 now. With or without Romeo, it will be an interesting off season for IU - two open scholarships and a schedule to build (finally one that doesn't include 6-7 directional schools).

Makes sense - he can back up Edwards and Cline then. Phinisee will probably get the keys to the car on day 1 out of necessity.
Yeah I dont think Hunter will be ready for more than a reserve role in year one (hope to be wrong here), but like the pick up a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT